Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 111 of 334 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5009
  1. #1651
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    The Yankees do have a shot, but they’ll have to do the same to Cole tomorrow like they did to Verlander tonight.

    Definitely not an easy task, the way Cole is pitching in October
    Actually I think both teams are going with a bullpen game tomorrow. Cole is going in game 7 if necessary. Houston is hoping to have Cole go game 1 in the WS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1652
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Actually I think both teams are going with a bullpen game tomorrow. Cole is going in game 7 if necessary. Houston is hoping to have Cole go game 1 in the WS.
    Yeah...I just saw that they were contemplating a bullpen game tomorrow for both teams.

    I’m actually surprised by that. Would’ve thought Houston would go for the kill with Cole tomorrow night.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  3. #1653
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,147
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yeah...I just saw that they were contemplating a bullpen game tomorrow for both teams.

    I’m actually surprised by that. Would’ve thought Houston would go for the kill with Cole tomorrow night.
    No need to use him on short rest.

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,269
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    No need to use him on short rest.
    Oh **** you’re right. I forgot he pitched in Game 3. I forgot it was Greinke/Verlander/Cole to start the series

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  5. #1655
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,469
    Looks like the Pirates want to interview Espada as well


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #1656
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    "Rogers says it's still Ross's job to lose. As for Espada, he writes that while sources think he'd be a great in-game manager, the Cubs need someone who can manage this particular team and hold them accountable. Apparently, the former is much more Espada's strength than the latter.

    Also says that Ross is the clear leader because his strength is precisely taking guys to task on mental errors, which was a big reason why Maddon wasn't extended. His sources think that Ross' relationship with team leaders like Rizzo and Lester will be an asset in getting guys in line since they're sure to buy-in. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27868143"

    Some of this (bolded portions) really seem like they like him because they think he can get along with this particular group of players. If what I'm quoting is true, it seems to me short sighted in that they want him because he is close with this iteration of the team.
    I thought that might be what you were saying but I don’t think it’s shortsighted at all. I think they see a quality in Ross that they believe will play very well with this particular group AND because he has that quality it will likely cascade down to any new players that come in over time.

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,436
    How many years you guys think Ross will get ? I believe Theo has 2 left on his contract . Does Ross get only 2 since most of this core will be eligible for FA after the next 2 seasons ?


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    How many years you guys think Ross will get ? I believe Theo has 2 left on his contract . Does Ross get only 2 since most of this core will be eligible for FA after the next 2 seasons ?


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    3 years for whoever they sign..

    I just wish theyd get this over with sooner rather then later

    I mean if it Ross, just announce it already

  9. #1659
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    3 years for whoever they sign..

    I just wish theyd get this over with sooner rather then later

    I mean if it Ross, just announce it already
    What’s the rush?

  10. #1660
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,269
    This is why certain people shouldn’t be allowed access on social media:


    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  11. #1661
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    This is why certain people shouldn’t be allowed access on social media:

    The Baez for Fried proposal was like ehhh... then it went WAY downhill from there lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1662
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,369
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    This is why certain people shouldn’t be allowed access on social media:

    Extend Russell for 8 years, lol this has to be a joke troll tweet

  13. #1663
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,385

    2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

    I wouldn’t even extend Russell for 8 hours if I had my way.

  14. #1664
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,049
    I just noticed Harden and Westbrook are behind home plate

  15. #1665
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,385
    That was dipping on Reddick fast. If it got by him to the wall, NY likely leads. What a catch.

    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I just noticed Harden and Westbrook are behind home plate
    Harden is always at Astros playoff games. Been going for the last few years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •