Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 334 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Quick question cause honestly I donít remember if it has ever happen . Can a coach of a team in the middle of a playoff run be name manager of another team ?

I am asking because of Espada . Rumors that Kapler is interviewing today and if he is the last one to be interview the team could be in position to make a decision in the next couple of days .

If the Cubs were to name Espada can they make the announcement during the next off day of n the ALCS ?

I think they have to wait until Astros are done but not sure.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Alex Cora was named Red Sox manager after the ALCS and before the World Series in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Alex Cora was named Red Sox manager after the ALCS and before the World Series in 2017.
    Ah thanks didnít remember. If Kapler is interviewing today there is a chance they could announce something by early next week I would think .

El Mago

Ah thanks didnít remember. If Kapler is interviewing today there is a chance they could announce something by early next week I would think .

I imagine their mind is already set on Ross so I would expect that announcement to come as early as Friday. Iím still holding out hope for Espada though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the only time mlb requires no transaction announcements made is during the WS .

So, teams have through the 21st to make announcements, otherwise they have to wait until after the WS.

As far as Cubs go, have to think if Ross or Girardi their guy, that an announcement will probably come by this weekend..

Be good for new manager to get a jump start on talking with current coaches and see who he wants to retain or not and start filling out his coaching staff before whoever he interested in commits elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I imagine their mind is already set on Ross so I would expect that announcement to come as early as Friday. Iím still holding out hope for Espada though.

Yeah I be surprise if it isnít Ross but if anyone could change their mind Espada would be a pretty good guess judging by his resume.

El Mago

A team that I havenít really though about as trading partner for KB if it comes down to that is the Phillies . Alec Bohm and Spencer Howard would interest me. Phillies seem to be under a lot of pressure and in win now mode and Maikel Franco sucks bad.

El Mago

Girardi stepping down as possible candidate for cubs... interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    He's also supposedly high on the Mets list.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I saw he stepped down from USA baseball, didnít see he pulled out of consideration with the Cubs.

I really donít think he was getting it anyway. Ross is going to get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I saw he stepped down from USA baseball, didnít see he pulled out of consideration with the Cubs.

I really donít think he was getting it anyway. Ross is going to get the job.
    Yeah, all I've seen is he's stepped down. I think people just assume it's for the Cubs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gordo speculating itís down to two.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platfor...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Gordo speculating itís down to two.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platfor...mpression=true
    Neat. Hoping it's Espada, but Ross would work for me

Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    Neat. Hoping it's Espada, but Ross would work for me
    Itís weird that Espada isnít getting linked to any of the other open jobs, right? Heís a great candidate on paper. 8 jobs open. So far heís really only been talked about with the Cubs. Same for Ross, but at least he has an obvious Cubs connection.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Itís weird that Espada isnít getting linked to any of the other open jobs, right? Heís a great candidate on paper. 8 jobs open. So far heís really only been talked about with the Cubs. Same for Ross, but at least he has an obvious Cubs connection.
    True. Iíve also wondered about that. I can see the Mets choosing between Beltran and Girardi. Phillies seem to want to go with experience, maybe Schowalter or Baker. I think Matheny gets the Royals job. Joe got the Angels job. I think the Giants ultimately will get Kapler because of his ties to Zaidi. Nobody will really want the Pirates job. So that leaves the Padres and us that would be an ideal fit for Espada IMO.