Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 240 of 334 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    KB will earn around 20 million this year and probably around 25 or more in 2021. Canít imagine that small market Tampa would pay that and give up multiple intriguing prospects.

So who are some of the premium position prospects with 65 or better contact ability? Thats the kind of player I would want headlining a KB package. Someone who projects as a McNeil caliber hitter would fit perfectly at the top of the order down the road. Thatís basically the absolute best case Nico projection.
    IF they trade KB, I'd want a couple of young controlled SPs in return over hitters for him

They need SP in a bad way

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    KB will earn around 20 million this year and probably around 25 or more in 2021. Canít imagine that small market Tampa would pay that and give up multiple intriguing prospects.

So who are some of the premium position prospects with 65 or better contact ability? Thats the kind of player I would want headlining a KB package. Someone who projects as a McNeil caliber hitter would fit perfectly at the top of the order down the road. Thatís basically the absolute best case Nico projection.
    I think you just answered your own concern with TB without knowing it. They arenít going to pay somebody 8/250, but why wouldnít they trade for a superstar for 2/43. They could have a star for 2 years while they are in their window and have proven they can compete with the Yankees and Red Sox. Thatís a smart deal IMO for a small market team who canít pay a superstar as a FA, but can absolutely afford one for 2 years if they really believe he could push them over the top.

Small market teams especially have to get aggressive in their window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are we assuming the Cubs only want SPs in return for KB or Wilson? If they get SPs, then we have to sign high dollar position players... hasnít the MO been to bring up position players and sign SPs? Why would they deviate from that? It has served us well imo.

Can we just keep KB and Willy forever please?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Why are we assuming the Cubs only want SPs in return for KB or Wilson? If they get SPs, then we have to sign high dollar position players... hasnít the MO been to bring up position players and sign SPs? Why would they deviate from that? It has served us well imo.
    I'd rather spend the high dollars on a FA hitter then a SP if need to.

Cubs have more hitting prospects then pitching and are a bit more established with hitters on mlb level then SP..

The SP is old in the rotation and they dont really have much coming up through the system, so if they're trading KB or Contreras then I much prefer they get some younger pitchers in return who can replace Lester, Quintana in 21or 22...

How about Touki Toussaint from Atl?

So I know Trevor Bauer isn't everyone's favorite person, I kinda enjoy him , but he's got to be feeling pretty good right now after having the balls to call out the Astro's cheating on a couple occasions and being completely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    So I know Trevor Bauer isn't everyone's favorite person, I kinda enjoy him , but he's got to be feeling pretty good right now after having the balls to call out the Astro's cheating on a couple occasions and being completely ignored.
    I wish every player was like Bauer. Extremely intelligent with no filter. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I donít mind Trevor. I definitely donít despise him like some do. Heís definitely a different type of guy, but heís a really smart dude when it comes to pitching.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

Cubs have more hitting prospects then pitching and are a bit more established with hitters on mlb level then SP..

The SP is old in the rotation and they dont really have much coming up through the system, so if they're trading KB or Contreras then I much prefer they get some younger pitchers in return who can replace Lester, Quintana in 21or 22...
    Well Theo did say that he would be targeting good young controllable starting pitching in trades. So itís not something that people on this board just assumed or made up.

Pitching is a tricky thing to draft and develop. The easiest way to get back on track with our staff is to trade for guys that are already in the majors and have had success or are very close and have succeeded throughout the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I donít mind Trevor. I definitely donít despise him like some do. Heís definitely a different type of guy, but heís a really smart dude when it comes to pitching.

That's mostly what I love about him. He can occasionally be a bit douchey but I love the way he's embraced new methods to be able to compete with guys who are more talented then him. Certain guys get lauded for having "the will to win" which I usually kinda scoff at a little. But Bauer is a guy who embraces any new knowledge or new methods he can find to continue to improve and that's why he's good.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...e5m-story.html

An update regarding the news about the possible contraction of MiLB teams & leagues. And guess who started the idea of this?

Hint: a team thatís been in the news a lot recently.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

And then you have to replace KB or Contreras. Our farm system is crap at the moment... I wouldnít say we have much of anything in the prospect category but if we do have anything, itís at the lower levels and itís pitching not hitting prospects if Iím not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    And then you have to replace KB or Contreras. Our farm system is crap at the moment... I wouldnít say we have much of anything in the prospect category but if we do have anything, itís at the lower levels and itís pitching not hitting prospects if Iím not mistaken.
    Yea but let just say they trade KB, they still have Contreras Baez Schwarber Rizzo Heyward Hoerner, meaning they still have productive guys in the offense and can go get a replacement for Bryant at 3B

They dont have Hamels anymore, and when they lose Lester and Quintana, they don't have anyone to replace at the TOR.
    Darvish and Hendricks will be older and declining , so the rotation getting weak..

I'd rather they have the near ready top pitching prospects from the trade with Marquez ready to take over, then having them go out and spend 250-300 mil on a 30 something starter via FA

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Well Theo did say that he would be targeting good young controllable starting pitching in trades. So itís not something that people on this board just assumed or made up.

Pitching is a tricky thing to draft and develop. The easiest way to get back on track with our staff is to trade for guys that are already in the majors and have had success or are very close and have succeeded throughout the minors.

Who was saying anyone was making something up..

I responded to a poster who wanted hitters in return for a KB or Contreras trade, I just said I'd prefer pitching

[emoji2369]