Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 236 of 334 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5009

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Cool, IMO he showed signs of being mentally week. Feel free to post away if that makes you feel better.
    Like what? All those times you called him mentally weak when he was injured and it turned out he had a stress fracture? Was that mental weakness in your opinion? All those ďCharminĒ posts every time he had a bad inning? Mental weakness? Getting hit in the WS when the Astros may or may not have been cheating? Feeling bad for losing game 7?

If being a stubborn ******* who digs in deeper and deeper rather than admitting you didnít know what you were talking about makes you feel better, then keep going.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-15-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Moving on....

The deals people are throwing around in here for Javy seem pretty fair. Still gonna be interesting to see what else transpires over the next couple of months.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Yes. Letís move on...best for all parties.

As for Javy rumors of extension talks, yes please. Get it done, then work on KB.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yes. Letís move on...best for all parties.

As for Javy rumors of extension talks, yes please. Get it done, then work on KB.
    Is the goal here to agree on everything? Why not make someone defend their opinion? If someone has an opinion they should be able to defend it and if they canít defend it they should be able to admit that itís baseless. This is what people with baseless opinions do. They post something, get asked to defend it, and because they canít they try to make the conversation about dropping it or moving on or about the conversation itself rather than about the topic. They try to get in a snide comment but then if you respond they act like you need to have the last word or you are being unreasonable by responding. Itís a diversion because they know they are wrong.

As to the 2nd part of your post, Iíd try to get KB done and then work on Baez.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-15-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Is the goal here to agree on everything? Why not make someone defend their opinion? If someone has an opinion they should be able to defend it and if they canít defend it they should be able to admit that itís baseless. This is what people with baseless opinions do. They post something, get asked to defend it, and because they canít they try to make the conversation about dropping it or moving on or about the conversation itself rather than about the topic. They try to get in a snide comment but then if you respond they act like you need to have the last word or you are being unreasonable by responding. Itís a diversion because they know they are wrong.

As to the 2nd part of your post, Iíd try to get KB done and then work on Baez.
    I did, many times, too much in fact.

You disagreed then, you disagree now, what's the point in either of us continuing to type the same stuff over and over. If you want to know why I feel that way, go read the posts, or don't, it's your call.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Yu went from never posting on Twitter to a thousand posts a day.

Learn from Zambrano, stay off the electronic devices Yu!!!

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

I did, many times, too much in fact.

You disagreed then, you disagree now, what's the point in either of us continuing to type the same stuff over and over. If you want to know why I feel that way, go read the posts, or don't, it's your call.
    No you didnít. Because you canít. You said ďitís my opinion.Ē Thatís not defending an opinion. Thatís stating that you have an opinion. You were wrong, and Iím pretty sure you know it. But you wonít admit it, so you try to divert to other nonsense.

No you didnít. Because you canít. You said ďitís my opinion.Ē Thatís not defending an opinion. Thatís stating that you have an opinion. You were wrong, and Iím pretty sure you know it. But you wonít admit it, so you try to divert to other nonsense.
    Pretty sure I was quite descriptive with my reasoning back when this was an actual thing. Sorry that doesn't fit whatever your trying to accomplish.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Pretty sure I was quite descriptive with my reasoning back when this was an actual thing. Sorry that doesn't fit whatever your trying to accomplish.
    So when you were saying heís mentally weak because heís claiming to be injured and the Cubs donít see an injury, was that a mental weakness? We know now he was injured, so in those posts where you defended it by saying he wasnít injured or it was in his head, were you wrong? You were wrong. Right?

Defend it now. I donít really want to dig up posts from 15 months ago. Now that we have info that he was hurt, that changes arguments from when people didnít know. Now that we know thereís a good chance the Astros were stealing signs electronically that changes the narrative around the WS. If this is still your opinion, you should still be able to defend it knowing what we know. If your opinion changed then you should be able to say you werenít right and now youíve changed your opinion based on what youíve learned.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-15-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Can the league just take away the Astros now tainted World Series trophy? I hope they are now shown as much respect on the road as they have shown everyone else.

So I don't want to get to into this. I'll just say this short bit. Clearly the Yu Darvish that got to the top of his profession in Japan and then traveled to a new country and excelled there as well wasn't mentally weak. He was actually best in clutch situation most of his career so not mentally weak there either. It looks like the blow up against the Astros probably wasn't a mental weakness thing because they were stealing signs. And his injury that everyone thought was in his head turned out to be real so that wasn't mental weakness either. Now he looks like an elite pitcher again so his mental weakness has gone away again. So I guess the mental weakness was falling apart a few times at the end of games for the Cubs in 2018? Maybe he was mentally effected by the World series blowups? And if so, has a guy who struggled to get his **** together for a couple months really earned a reputation as a mentally weak person? Seems like he's been pretty mentally tough 95% of his life. Maybe it'd be more fair to say he dealt with a couple mental issues while dealing with some situations none of us are dealing with, and that labeling him as mentally weak person because of a really tiny sample size of his life was a really stupid, shortsighted, and meathead thing to do.

https://twitter.com/bleachernation/s...884475392?s=21

Can the Cubs please stop focusing on taking a step back and instead focus on beating the **** out of Milwaukee next year?

https://twitter.com/bleachernation/s...884475392?s=21

Can the Cubs please stop focusing on taking a step back and instead focus on beating the **** out of Milwaukee next year?
    Pretty prickish of Yellich. Didnít expect that from him.

With that said, **** him.