Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 233 of 334 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5009
    The ďYu is mentally softĒ narrative was built around poor performance in the WS when the Astros may or may not have been cheating - even if they werenít it was like 4 innings - the fact that he felt bad for blowing game 7 of the World Series, and a mysterious injury that people thought he was faking that turned out to be an actual stress fracture. It was always crap.

Pointing out a guy has issues above the shoulders isnít necessarily calling him mentally weak.
    Lester canít throw to first.
    There are at least two guys on the Cubs whose performance is severely affected when their name is at the top of the lineup card.
    Theyíre human. Their mental attributes need to be handled just like the physical. These things will most likely be discussed on a team forum.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Pointing out a guy has issues above the shoulders isnít necessarily calling him mentally weak.
    Lester canít throw to first.
    There are at least two guys on the Cubs whose performance is severely affected when their name is at the top of the lineup card.
    Theyíre human. Their mental attributes need to be handled just like the physical. These things will most likely be discussed on a team forum.
    Are you saying that people werenít calling Darvish mentally weak? That is exactly what was said. Over and over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Are you saying that people werenít calling Darvish mentally weak? That is exactly what was said. Over and over and over and over.
    People were absolutely calling Yu mentally weak.

Predictions

How many years for Javi, and for how much?

I'm gonna guess 8/150. That takes him through the age of 34. Too long?

Yu Darvish is about as mentally weak as Justin Verlander is for his World Series record or Barry Bonds is for needing to take PEDís.

He isnít mentally weak.

No, I am not saying it wasnít stated. Iím just not painting with a broad brush. Mental aspects of the game and players being discussed doesnít mean those taking part think everyone is mentally weak.

I love that the narrative online (not calling out anyone here specifically) around Darvishís personality changed from him being a weak mental midget to this genuine, awesome guy as soon as he started kicking *** on the mound. Itís always funny how that works.
    Thinking the same thing..
    Cant recall hearing anything positive about him all last season and beginning of this season.m
    Pretty much everyone wanted him gone and he was a bum

Now, he had a few good starts and he had some funny tweets and everyone loves him..lol

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Predictions

How many years for Javi, and for how much?

I'm gonna guess 8/150. That takes him through the age of 34. Too long?
    7/135

Maybe the first time ever that you had a player value above me?

I used Bogaerts as a comp. He signed for 6/120. He was scheduled to hit FA this offseason at 27. Javy has 2 years control left (I estimated 9 and 16 mil), then I added 5 years at 22 mil per for FA years, a little above Bogaerts but 1 less year since he hits FA 2 years older.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    No, I am not saying it wasnít stated. Iím just not painting with a broad brush. Mental aspects of the game and players being discussed doesnít mean those taking part think everyone is mentally weak.
    Sure. But people here and elsewhere were explicitly calling Darvish mentally weak. Constantly. So thatís a thing that was real and thatís what Iím referring to.

7/135

Maybe the first time ever that you had a player value above me?

I used Bogaerts as a comp. He signed for 6/120. He was scheduled to hit FA this offseason at 27. Javy has 2 years control left (I estimated 9 and 16 mil), then I added 5 years at 22 mil per for FA years, a little above Bogaerts but 1 less year since he hits FA 2 years older.
    I think yours and thawv's are both pretty fair.

Sure. But people here and elsewhere were explicitly calling Darvish mentally weak. Constantly. So thatís a thing that was real and thatís what Iím referring to.
    Every start. It was never Yu sucks, it was that he was mentally broken for some reason. He was never just allowed to be bad.

And there were signs/instances/occurrences that led people to feel that way. Itís ok to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Every start. It was never Yu sucks, it was that he was mentally broken for some reason. He was never just allowed to be bad.
    Well thatís not entirely true, but itís not something Iím wanting to rehash either.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And there were signs/instances/occurrences that led people to feel that way. Itís ok to disagree.
    Nope.

Itís ok to admit it was wrong.