Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 233 of 334 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5009
  1. #3481
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,350
    The ďYu is mentally softĒ narrative was built around poor performance in the WS when the Astros may or may not have been cheating - even if they werenít it was like 4 innings - the fact that he felt bad for blowing game 7 of the World Series, and a mysterious injury that people thought he was faking that turned out to be an actual stress fracture. It was always crap.

  2. #3482
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,851
    Pointing out a guy has issues above the shoulders isnít necessarily calling him mentally weak.
    Lester canít throw to first.
    There are at least two guys on the Cubs whose performance is severely affected when their name is at the top of the lineup card.
    Theyíre human. Their mental attributes need to be handled just like the physical. These things will most likely be discussed on a team forum.

  3. #3483
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,350

    2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Pointing out a guy has issues above the shoulders isnít necessarily calling him mentally weak.
    Lester canít throw to first.
    There are at least two guys on the Cubs whose performance is severely affected when their name is at the top of the lineup card.
    Theyíre human. Their mental attributes need to be handled just like the physical. These things will most likely be discussed on a team forum.
    Are you saying that people werenít calling Darvish mentally weak? That is exactly what was said. Over and over and over and over.

  4. #3484
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Are you saying that people werenít calling Darvish mentally weak? That is exactly what was said. Over and over and over and over.
    People were absolutely calling Yu mentally weak.

  5. #3485
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Predictions

    How many years for Javi, and for how much?

    I'm gonna guess 8/150. That takes him through the age of 34. Too long?

  6. #3486
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,860
    Yu Darvish is about as mentally weak as Justin Verlander is for his World Series record or Barry Bonds is for needing to take PEDís.

    He isnít mentally weak.

  7. #3487
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,851
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Are you saying that people werenít calling Darvish mentally weak? That is exactly what was said. Over and over and over and over.
    No, I am not saying it wasnít stated. Iím just not painting with a broad brush. Mental aspects of the game and players being discussed doesnít mean those taking part think everyone is mentally weak.

  8. #3488
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,085
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I love that the narrative online (not calling out anyone here specifically) around Darvishís personality changed from him being a weak mental midget to this genuine, awesome guy as soon as he started kicking *** on the mound. Itís always funny how that works.
    Thinking the same thing..
    Cant recall hearing anything positive about him all last season and beginning of this season.m
    Pretty much everyone wanted him gone and he was a bum

    Now, he had a few good starts and he had some funny tweets and everyone loves him..lol

  9. #3489
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,350

    2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Predictions

    How many years for Javi, and for how much?

    I'm gonna guess 8/150. That takes him through the age of 34. Too long?
    7/135

    Maybe the first time ever that you had a player value above me?

    I used Bogaerts as a comp. He signed for 6/120. He was scheduled to hit FA this offseason at 27. Javy has 2 years control left (I estimated 9 and 16 mil), then I added 5 years at 22 mil per for FA years, a little above Bogaerts but 1 less year since he hits FA 2 years older.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.

  10. #3490
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    No, I am not saying it wasnít stated. Iím just not painting with a broad brush. Mental aspects of the game and players being discussed doesnít mean those taking part think everyone is mentally weak.
    Sure. But people here and elsewhere were explicitly calling Darvish mentally weak. Constantly. So thatís a thing that was real and thatís what Iím referring to.

  11. #3491
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    7/135

    Maybe the first time ever that you had a player value above me?

    I used Bogaerts as a comp. He signed for 6/120. He was scheduled to hit FA this offseason at 27. Javy has 2 years control left (I estimated 9 and 16 mil), then I added 5 years at 22 mil per for FA years, a little above Bogaerts but 1 less year since he hits FA 2 years older.
    I think yours and thawv's are both pretty fair.

  12. #3492
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26,393
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Sure. But people here and elsewhere were explicitly calling Darvish mentally weak. Constantly. So thatís a thing that was real and thatís what Iím referring to.
    Every start. It was never Yu sucks, it was that he was mentally broken for some reason. He was never just allowed to be bad.

  13. #3493
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,078
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Sure. But people here and elsewhere were explicitly calling Darvish mentally weak. Constantly. So thatís a thing that was real and thatís what Iím referring to.
    And there were signs/instances/occurrences that led people to feel that way. Itís ok to disagree.

  14. #3494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,078
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Every start. It was never Yu sucks, it was that he was mentally broken for some reason. He was never just allowed to be bad.
    Well thatís not entirely true, but itís not something Iím wanting to rehash either.

  15. #3495
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,350
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And there were signs/instances/occurrences that led people to feel that way. Itís ok to disagree.
    Nope.

    Itís ok to admit it was wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •