Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 334 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5009

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Is there a tool to calculate that?
    Not that I know of, but his UZR/150 at 2b was 1.1 and he had 7 DRS (in line with his norm there). As an OF he had a -8.6 UZR/150. Theres about a 10 run positional adjustment between RF and 2b. Id guess the difference is at least 3/4 of a win if not a full win.

So if hes your 2b all year last year he probably is a around a 3.6-4 win player. After a 5.2 win 2018 and could be controlled for 4/$21 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Not that I know of, but his UZR/150 at 2b was 1.1 and he had 7 DRS (in line with his norm there). As an OF he had a -8.6 UZR/150. Theres about a 10 run positional adjustment between RF and 2b. Id guess the difference is at least 3/4 of a win if not a full win.

So if hes your 2b all year last year he probably is a around a 3.6-4 win player. After a 5.2 win 2018 and could be controlled for 4/$21 mil.
    Itll be interesting to see how much moving players around Ross does... one could make an argument that may have hurt the Cubs defensively.

I think Nico is pretty fair value. They have similarities in their skill sets. Nico has more control and is a lot younger. Whit has more certainty in his game. I think Nico would be good deal for KC. From the Cubs side, thats a tough call.
    If they trade for Whit, they better be making moves to win in 20, otherwise it would make ZERO sense be trading guys who could be a part of that next window just to bring in a guy to just try and compete with the next year or two

And my point is that Inciarte clicks those boxes. He is a better defender than JH in CF, he is a better hitter than the combination we through in CF last year and he is also better than the combined efforts of everyone who hit lead off last year... and its not even close.
    Ok?? You didn't mention Inciarte or really say anything to make a point, it was more of a question

You asked me who I thought that everyday CFer was gonna be

[emoji2369]

Wow...
    2019 JH batting order anywhere between 2-9... 119 wRC+ in 442 PA
    2019 JH batting leadoff 47 wRC+ in 147 PA

Dude should never bat leadoff again!
    The thing with that too was right when the move was made he was tearing it up in the 6th and 7th spot and had mentioned he did not like hitting leadoff, but was moved there anyways

Itll be interesting to see how much moving players around Ross does... one could make an argument that may have hurt the Cubs defensively.
    Unless that coming directly from Theo, I would think that would be very minimal.

I've read and heard most players say they dont care for it and him being a more recent former player and all with this group, I'm sure he would be more inclined to not do it often except with certain players who are more of the role player type

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If they trade for Whit, they better be making moves to win in 20, otherwise it would make ZERO sense be trading guys who could be a part of that next window just to bring in a guy to just try and compete with the next year or two
    The Cubs should be trying to win in 20 and also trying to continue their sustained success. Whit potentially helps with both things. Nico potentially helps with both things too. So its a matter of balancing the high risk of Hoerner as a player with extreme chase rates and without a ton of game power yet against the age risk of Whit as a 30 year old with an offensive game reliant on maintaining a high BABIP. I think its a pretty reasonable risk for both sides.

Is it crazy to say that Id prefer Bez, Contreras, and KB traded before Schwarber?

Id prefer to extend any of them that are willing and even if not extended hold onto them, I just feel Schwarber still has another gear while the others are likely already who theyll be (which in the case of all 3 is a very, very good player).

The Cubs should be trying to win in 20 and also trying to continue their sustained success. Whit potentially helps with both things. Nico potentially helps with both things too. So its a matter of balancing the high risk of Hoerner as a player with extreme chase rates and without a ton of game power yet against the age risk of Whit as a 30 year old with an offensive game reliant on maintaining a high BABIP. I think its a pretty reasonable risk for both sides.
    I will rescind on this, as I thought he was making double digits salary and his being 31with 3 yrs left on deal ..

but after just now seeing what he will be getting the next 3 years in salary,
    it offsets my point with adding him and the cubs not wanting to spend much this offseason because he only due to make 5 mil in 2020 6 mil in 21 and 2 mil in 22 and 10 mil option in 23..

So, he would be a very good addition if he can keep producing the next 3-4 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    Is it crazy to say that Id prefer Bez, Contreras, and KB traded before Schwarber?

Id prefer to extend any of them that are willing and even if not extended hold onto them, I just feel Schwarber still has another gear while the others are likely already who theyll be (which in the case of all 3 is a very, very good player).
    Kyle was sneaky awesome in the second half. Pray that something finally clicked. If so, gonna be a HUGE year for him. I wouldn't trade him yet.

Yes.

Insane more like it

Looks like Kendrick is very popular early on :

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...939630080?s=21

GM meetings start tomorrow . Hopefully we hear some rumblings

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Looks like Kendrick is very popular early on :

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/st...939630080?s=21

GM meetings start tomorrow . Hopefully we hear some rumblings

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    His entire offensive profile changed this year. There was clear intent to do damage and get the ball in the air. The whole league should be in on him, really.

He would have led our team in xwoba by a significant margin.