Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 334 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I've been saying this for some time on here. The more a guy gets on base, the more AB's he should get. It really seems like common sense to me.

Get on base......get on base......get on base.

For my leadoff options it would be, KB against LHP. Rizzo against RHP. I also like the L, R, L, R.....lineup. It's going to be even more important with the new 3 batter minimum this year.
    I get that with getting them more ABs but if you stack the top with your best players getting on base then you end up with inconsistent weaker hitters hitting behind them and leaving them on base which has been the problem

Like what was mentioned above, to make that work they need better players behind them

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Nobody has ever been opposed to the best hitters hitting at the top. Thinking taking the same group and moving everyone up one spot makes a real difference is that part thatís wrong.

The lineup stuff is so overplayed. Get 8 good hitters into the lineup.
    What a novel idea! Good hitters at every position? Why didnít anyone else think of that?

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    What a novel idea! Good hitters at every position? Why didnít anyone else think of that?
    Itís not some impossible dream. Thatís their goal. They are 2 positions away from that right now.

Nobody has ever been opposed to the best hitters hitting at the top. Thinking taking the same group and moving everyone up one spot makes a real difference is that part thatís wrong.

The lineup stuff is so overplayed. Get 8 good hitters into the lineup.
    Looking at last seasonís lineup logs might suggest otherwise.

Doesnít it likely take Nico to get Whit though?
    Only way I see them going after Merrifield is if they are planning on spending money to upgrade the rotation, and being a WS contender in 2020

Otherwise it makes no sense to trade away prospects just to add a 31 YO 2Bmen and also trade away core players to get prospects for a future window that most likely wont involve Merrifield

Iíll be waiting to say Iím sorry and that I was wrong... when Rizzo is our everyday lead off hitter.
    You have a weird thing for apologies.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Looking at last seasonís lineup logs might suggest otherwise.
    I meant here. I donít know why Maddon hit crappy hitters first so often last year, but when he did people universally complained.

Itís not some impossible dream. Thatís their goal. They are 2 positions away from that right now.
    Exactly...

They find an everyday CFer and whether it Nico or someone else like Merrifield to go with the main guys in the lineup, they're improved..

Main thing they need to address in order to be legit WS contenders in 20 is the Starting Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Exactly...

They find an everyday CFer and whether it Nico or someone else like Merrifield to go with the main guys in the lineup, they're improved..

Main thing they need to address in order to be legit WS contenders in 20 is the Starting Rotation
    So who is this everyday CF youíre talking about?

Most likely itís not just one person. Offensively they are probably best served by getting a nearly everyday bat for RF and platooning Heyward with a RH CF.

If or when they find one via trade, you'll know
    [emoji2369]

My point was CF and 2B were the 2 positions they didn't have a steady player filling every game

So, IF they can fill those 2 positions this offseason with a steady player, it could be an improvement for the offense even if they make no other moves...

I'm not one who will guess on who may be available via trades or do fantasy trades scenarios..
    I'll just have confidence in Theo, that if he looking to add a guy to take over CF, he will go out and get someone

Yup. Another change in the Cubs org

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Ummm you do realize that Bumgarner was basically Jose Quintana last year, right? Hell Quintana had a higher fWAR than Bum did...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lmao if you asked any gm they'd all take Bumgarner over Quintana. Quintana had the 7th worst era last year of qualified starters. I dont give a **** what his fwar is and I doubt other teams care either

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Lmao if you asked any gm they'd all take Bumgarner over Quintana. Quintana had the 7th worst era last year of qualified starters. I dont give a **** what his fwar is and I doubt other teams care either
    So you donít care about the main stat that says Quintana was more valuable than Bumgarner because it proves that as ďterribleĒ as Q has been he was actually more valuable than Bumgarner? Thatís convenient. If Q wouldnít have got rocked his last couple of starts, he would actually had a really good season. Iím sorry but Iím not giving MadBum 4/60 or whatever he will get because of his name. He too had almost a 4 ERA, heís not the answer you think he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk