Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 296 of 334 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I donít want to put aside his personal issues.

Be gone.
    I want to win games... thatís all ... if he wants to be a dirt bag so be it. A good number of pro athletes are and thatís their choice. My choice is to watch a winning baseball team

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I donít want to put aside his personal issues.

Be gone.
    Also your super bowl eagles had 3 domestic violence convicts on it.... were you shouting from the rooftops about them being gone? Idk Iím just asking

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I want to win games... thatís all ... if he wants to be a dirt bag so be it. A good number of pro athletes are and thatís their choice. My choice is to watch a winning baseball team
    Never understood this line of thinking. Baseball wins really shouldnít be that important to you or anyone. I guess I could understand that line of thinking (would still disagree with it) if the player was a superstar.

But you want to go to bat for a ball player that sucks as much as Russell? Watching winning baseball and having Addison Russell on the team is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Never understood this line of thinking. Baseball wins really shouldnít be that important to you or anyone. I guess I could understand that line of thinking (would still disagree with it) if the player was a superstar.

But you want to go to bat for a ball player that sucks as much as Russell? Watching winning baseball and having Addison Russell on the team is an oxymoron.
    Russell is better than DD is my point man. Wanting him gone bc heís a bad guy off the field is not a good excuse to have him gone. If he wanted to prove himself for a mill or two then yeah Iíd bring him back. We arenít exactly swimming in payroll flexibility so every chance we can to save and maybe get better or at least not worse would be a good idea.

If they're dumpster diving, can we at least strike early? They have been a mixed bag in the big ticket line, but they've had some luck in the bargain bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Add Pillar and Cesar Hernandez to the guys I'd be interested in
    Iíd be down for Pillar if that meant almora is gone and we keep Happ for the utility role.

We donít need Pillar and Almora

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Russell is better than DD is my point man. Wanting him gone bc heís a bad guy off the field is not a good excuse to have him gone. If he wanted to prove himself for a mill or two then yeah Iíd bring him back. We arenít exactly swimming in payroll flexibility so every chance we can to save and maybe get better or at least not worse would be a good idea.
    What does that matter? Descalsoís 2.5 mil is guaranteed. Youíd still have to eat that money to just release him. Thereís no way we can carry both guys next year considering they just combined for a -0.3 fWAR. Plus having Almora (-0.7 fWAR). Thatís 3 wasted roster spots that donít even give you a single win? Russell is a simple non tender and be done. He had a chance to prove heís good at baseball and didnít do it. Just be done with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíd love to not see DD and Almora in blue pinstripes again. If we are going down the road of getting rid of crap players

Iíd love to not see DD and Almora in blue pinstripes again. If we are going down the road of getting rid of crap players
    But Addison Russell isnít a crap player?

You can have that choice. It's not my choice, but if you want to make that one, you're free to do so. But championing a bad baseball player like Addison Russell is a weird way to do that. Russell sucks.

Sure, Descalso sucks too. The Cubs can find something better than both. It doesn't have to be an either or proposition.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    A year too late on the Addi non tender, but Iím glad it happened.

Sign Treinen.
    These are sentiments of many.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    But Addison Russell isnít a crap player?
    Yeah...I donít get that rationale either.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Again, there's a lot of viable options out there at a reasonable cost right now. I hope they don't drag their feet and miss out on some

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Again, there's a lot of viable options out there at a reasonable cost right now. I hope they don't drag their feet and miss out on some
    If they miss on say Treinen then I doubt he was ever really an option. Say what you want but Theo usually gets his guy, whether that be a big or small type deal.

Friend of mine was college teammates with Pillar. Said he'd just bought a house in the West Bay and his wife is pregnant.

If you can imagine, he's pissed.