Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 330 of 334 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5009
  1. #4936
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Good luck Rossy, looks like we will be shopping at the Dollar Store and not Bloomingdales this offseason.

    We will see what happens but I am having a hard time seeing us as a contender this upcoming season, real hard time.
    Well there you have it. December 6th and the towel is thrown in. No chance competing because of shopping only at the dollar store. Frankly to me as long as they donít have a going out of business sale I canít see how they wonít compete in the division they are in. A few low budget moves to add depth and they have to at the very least be a co favorite for the division. For me, it is way to early to suggest not seeing how they can compete.

  2. #4937
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Got it, thanks. I always assumed that those dollar amounts were minor league contracts. Then major league contracts became 565k, or whatever the amount is.
    Yeah. He wonít be making a mlb minimum salary in AA, but heíll be making a lot more than AA players not on the 40 man.

  3. #4938
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    199
    KB for lux and Dustin May. How quickly do the dodgers hang up the phone?

  4. #4939
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,456
    Another couple ESPN trade proposals, this time regarding KB:

    - KB to TEX for 3B Josh Jung and RHP Cole Winn

    - KB to ATL for CF Christian Pache

    Thatís it.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  5. #4940
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    KB for lux and Dustin May. How quickly do the dodgers hang up the phone?
    Theyíd probably say no before hanging up.

  6. #4941
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,471

    2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Well there you have it. December 6th and the towel is thrown in. No chance competing because of shopping only at the dollar store. Frankly to me as long as they donít have a going out of business sale I canít see how they wonít compete in the division they are in. A few low budget moves to add depth and they have to at the very least be a co favorite for the division. For me, it is way to early to suggest not seeing how they can compete.
    I will say this however if their strategy is to sign a bunch of Winklers and hope some of them work out thereís a good chance 2020 wonít end well. I havenít seen them linked to any proven legit MLB player yet except Merrifield and NC and I suspect the NC interest is in case they are able to free money first.




    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  7. #4942
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,569
    Wieck has an extremely solid track record as a pro with several seasons posting above 40% K rate and 30% K-BB. He just needs to keep the ball in the park which has become a trend in the league obviously. But the guy boasted a 94 AFB and 87 ASL, the stuff is there. He could be a big part if the pen moving forward. They could possibly already have the power lefty in-house.

  8. #4943
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    https://twitter.com/byrobertmurray/s...229238790?s=21

    Iíd assume itís a minor league deal, but it doesnít say.
    Theo loves his Rehab projects

    Another one that had TJ surgery

  9. #4944
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Looking like Pirates want a top catching prospect in a Marte deal but no thanks on Amaya for Marte. His defense is not good in CF and he doesnít walk. I was more interested in Marte earlier but after looking more closely no thanks.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Here my thing with this offseason rumormill so far

    What is the actual "plan" for this offseason?
    I've seen it go both ways

    Trade current young core players for future prospects

    And

    Trade current prospects for age 30+ players to fill needs


    Why I'm just sitting back here and waiting for that first true transaction to maybe get an idea which direction they're going

  10. #4945
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    68,776
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Another couple ESPN trade proposals, this time regarding KB:

    - KB to TEX for 3B Josh Jung and RHP Cole Winn

    - KB to ATL for CF Christian Pache

    Thatís it.
    Pache is a nice prospect, but I think you'd need more, preferably a SP prospect, which ATL is overloaded with as well.

  11. #4946
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,456
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Pache is a nice prospect, but I think you'd need more.
    Oh yeah. Definitely more than Pache would be needed, but thatís all they said it would take to get a deal done lol

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  12. #4947
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Here my thing with this offseason rumormill so far

    What is the actual "plan" for this offseason?
    I've seen it go both ways

    Trade current young core players for future prospects

    And

    Trade current prospects for age 30+ players to fill needs


    Why I'm just sitting back here and waiting for that first true transaction to maybe get an idea which direction they're going
    Itís mostly the first one.

    I donít expect they trade top prospects for 30+ players. I do expect they trade at least 1 from the core, maybe 2 for players with low costs and longer control. I do think theyíll sign some mid tier free agents and maybe make a trade using lesser prospects to acquire a mlb level player. Theyíll extend Javy and maybe someone else. They wonít give out a mega FA contract. Theyíll remain on the fringes of competitiveness for 2020 while cutting payroll, locking in a few extensions, moving on from other core players, and theyíll come out of the offseason with a better farm than they have going in. I believe thatís the plan. Wouldnít be my plan, but it sounds like their plan.

  13. #4948
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Oh yeah. Definitely more than Pache would be needed, but thatís all they said it would take to get a deal done lol
    I donít really like Pache. He might be great, but I need a higher level of confidence that Iím not trading KB for future Kevin Pillar or Jake Marisnick.

  14. #4949
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,082
    Bingo. Hard pass on Pache. I have little confidence in his bat right now. The glove is great but I need someone who can hit as well if I'm dealing Bryant.

  15. #4950
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    KB for lux and Dustin May. How quickly do the dodgers hang up the phone?
    There's no way they give up either straight up for KB. They might be close to KB's quality in relatively short order and have a bunch of control left.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •