Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cubs 2019-2020 Mock Offseason Rules Thread

2019-2020 Cubs Mock Offseason

Back by popular demand it's the Cubs mock offseason game! It's your chance to play Theo Epstein/Jed Hoyer. Create your own mock offseason for the Cubs!

To submit your mock-offseason, please submit your mock-offseason via PM to either myself or CubsRule08. We will then create a thread with a poll in which Cubs fans will vote on your thread (that way we can spread things out a bit, and make sure each mock gets it's very own time to shine. Last thing we want is for 8 threads to be posted right off the bat and the thing fizzle out). We will also house all of the submissions with links at the bottom of this thread when they have been posted.

Submissions, should, be submitted prior to FA starting to create the best "mock" you can without any information from the actual season. That way we can all start at the same place, but if there's some that come in a week or two after, that's fine, too.

This thread should be used only for questions, as all discussion over individual mocks will be housed within those threads. Keep any other discussion about the offseason within the offseason thread. There will be five voting options:

1) The Cubs are improved & it's realistic
    2) The Cubs are improved, but it's not realistic
    3) The Cubs are not improved but it's realistic
    4) The Cubs are not improved and it's not realistic
    5) The Cubs are not improved, but the future is bright(for anyone trying to do a rebuild)

We can even do a "mock playoffs" with the best voted teams, or even a "World Series" between the top 2 if there are enough submissions and enough teams who are considered to be "realistic". Non-realistic teams obviously wouldn't be considered in that.

Your submission should include the following things:
    1) Any moves the Cubs make, highlighting if the move is FA or Trade and any names involved (try to be realistic and include all names in a trade. "Cubs prospect" could go any direction, and might result in being voted non-realistic. Include years and, yearly salary and total salary for an FA move.)

2) Any salaries involved and final budget - you can also assume arbitration numbers if you'd like, it'll help with realism

3) A quick reasoning behind the moves

4) A final 2020 Cubs roster for Cubs fans to view and vote on

Some useful tools in creating your mock offseason include:
    Fangraphs
    Cots Contracts
    Sportrac Contracts
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 09-23-2019 at 09:35 PM.

This is such an excellent job, 1908! Honestly, thank you.

I'd like to make a suggestion here. Because of personality issues on the forum, I would suggest posting everybody's idea anonymously.

Some guys are disliked, and some a very much liked. Some are respected, and some don't get any respect. As soon as some see the user name, their judgement is likely already going to be tainted.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

I'd like to make a suggestion here. Because of personality issues on the forum, I would suggest posting everybody's idea anonymously.

Some guys are disliked, and some a very much liked. Some are respected, and some don't get any respect. As soon as some see the user name, their judgement is likely already going to be tainted.

Just a thought
    Absolutely. Can and will do.

We will reveal everyone at the very end

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cubs 2019-2020 Mock Offseason Rules Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

Just a thought
    I would hope thatís not something that would happen, but I do understand the point youíre trying to make.

We can make it anonymous

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I would hope thatís not something that would happen, but I do understand the point youíre trying to make.

We can make it anonymous
    I actually like the idea. Adds to the intrigue. We can do a final reveal at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I actually like the idea. Adds to the intrigue. We can do a final reveal at the end.
    Yeah, that works for me too.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

If we are suggesting things, it might work better if there was a standard budget and standard arb costs across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If we are suggesting things, it might work better if there was a standard budget and standard arb costs across the board.
    We usually let that up to the poster. The voting will reflect it under the "unrealistic" options.

Gives you the flexibility of determining what you think is realistic.

I was thinking the same thing. Select a team budget, and an arb budget.

We usually let that up to the poster. The voting will reflect it under the "unrealistic" options.

Gives you the flexibility of determining what you think is realistic.

Ok. I also have no idea how to see polls on this website. I use Tapatalk and have never been able to view one. How do you find it in a post with a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

We can make it anonymous
    As someone who has done a lot of PSD redrafts, it absolutely happens, all the time.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Ok. I also have no idea how to see polls on this website. I use Tapatalk and have never been able to view one. How do you find it in a post with a poll?
    You can't on tapatalk. You have to go through the browser page.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

You'll PM me or CubsRule with your mock. We will do the rest.

Don't post your own thread guys. Message me and CubsRule. We will post it anonymously and add all polls.

This way we can spread things out as well. Keep us busy all off-season.

You'll PM me or CubsRule with your mock. We will do the rest.

I mean to vote. How would I vote if I canít see polls?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You can't on tapatalk. You have to go through the browser page.
    I pulled up browser view on the 2020 LF thread that says it has a poll and I canít see that either. Do you have to be on a computer instead of a phone?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast