Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 117 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3651
  1. #1741
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    You said ďinterviewing Girardi for 8 hours was a waste of time,Ē and you also said something about Kapler. My point was there was an opportunity for EVERYBODY that interviewed to blow the FO away with their time. Espada is the guy that did it. So no, interviewing Girardi and Kapler and everybody else was not a waste of time.

    And when I say waste of time I mean that if you said that you donít think they were seriously considered then thatís a waste of time. Thatís just not true. Everybody had/has a fair shot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're wrong by your assumption of waste of time..

    They can not be seriously considering him and still want to pick his brain about the team which I suggested could have happened as to why I said I was curious to know what they talked about during those 8 hours....

    So no, talking to him wouldn't of been a waste of time if they got something useful to help them going forward

    The same with everyone else they talked to like Kapler, etc for most likely the same reason other then giving them serious consideration for the managerial job
    Last edited by chibears55; 10-20-2019 at 11:57 PM.

  2. #1742
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Where did I say interviewing him was a waste of time?

    I said I was curious to know what they talked about during those 8 hours
    Is interviewing somebody that doesnít have a chance to get hired not a waste of time? Your main point was you didnít think Girardi or Kapler had a shot at getting this job and questioned why Girardi in particular had an 8 hour interview... thereís nothing here to look into. We can guess and guess at what was discussed in that time but we will never know. Obviously Theo and Jed were thorough with everyone and decided to choose between Espada and Ross.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1743
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Is interviewing somebody that doesnít have a chance to get hired not a waste of time? Your main point was you didnít think Girardi or Kapler had a shot at getting this job and questioned why Girardi in particular had an 8 hour interview... thereís nothing here to look into. We can guess and guess at what was discussed in that time but we will never know. Obviously Theo and Jed were thorough with everyone and decided to choose between Espada and Ross.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol..
    You responded while I was editing my response above

  4. #1744
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,546
    Because of their great personal relationship, do you think that Thoyer may feel like if they don't hire Ross, it would cause a lot of hard feelings, and a possible departure of David?

    I they go in a different direction, would they offer him another position with a promotion to smooth things over?

  5. #1745
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,904
    Should it concern us that the only ones thinking of hiring David Rossiís the Cubs? I mean it doesnít appear as if anyone else is interested in him. Are we only looking at him cause he was /is a Cub?

    If thatís the case, Iím not sure I want him (although I want him). Wouldnít Espada be a more desirable candidate when looking at it this way?

  6. #1746
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Should it concern us that the only ones thinking of hiring David Rossiís the Cubs? I mean it doesnít appear as if anyone else is interested in him. Are we only looking at him cause he was /is a Cub?

    If thatís the case, Iím not sure I want him (although I want him). Wouldnít Espada be a more desirable candidate when looking at it this way?
    The belief is that he would only leave his ESPN gig to manage the Cubs (he signed a multi-year extension last year). The Twins were interested in him last year and reached out to interview. I forget if he went through with the interview or not, but apparently they got the impression that he was only ready to leave for the Cubs job.

  7. #1747
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,002
    And no, they're not only looking at Ross because he's a Cub. The front office isn't that stupid. They've known him for a decade and legitimately think he has the skills to be a really good manager, especially for this group of players.

  8. #1748
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    54,645
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Should it concern us that the only ones thinking of hiring David Rossiís the Cubs? I mean it doesnít appear as if anyone else is interested in him. Are we only looking at him cause he was /is a Cub?

    If thatís the case, Iím not sure I want him (although I want him). Wouldnít Espada be a more desirable candidate when looking at it this way?
    The same argument was brought up last week about Espada before he got multiple other interviews. The answer is the same; no. If the Cubs are interested in these guys, there is a reason. One better than "he was a Cub". Ross may have gotten other offers for interviews and turned them down privately. We know the Twins had some interest last year. In the end, I don't care what other teams think of these guys. Only what the Cubs think.

    For example the Mets seem high on Girardi. Doesn't change how I feel about him.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  9. #1749
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The same argument was brought up last week about Espada before he got multiple other interviews. The answer is the same; no. If the Cubs are interested in these guys, there is a reason. One better than "he was a Cub". Ross may have gotten other offers for interviews and turned them down privately. We know the Twins had some interest last year. In the end, I don't care what other teams think of these guys. Only what the Cubs think.

    For example the Mets seem high on Girardi. Doesn't change how I feel about him.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Right. Which isn't to say that the Cubs have the correct evaluation of Ross or Espada or whomever. But we can be confident their reasons are more well thought out than "HE WAS A CUB LETS GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER". If they're serious about a candidate, they believe that he has the personality, leadership, and competence to get the most out of the group, help them develop further, and put them in the right game situations.

  10. #1750
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,904
    Got a pic with Zobrist this morning at atheist Nashville airport but canít figure our the uploading.
    Last edited by The20thK; 10-21-2019 at 10:38 AM.

  11. #1751
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,174

    2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Got a pic with Zobrist this morning at atheist Nashville airport but canít figure our the uploading.
    Atheist Nashville airport? Do they have an airport for atheists? Or did atheists sponsor the airport?

  12. #1752
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,546
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Got a pic with Zobrist this morning at atheist Nashville airport but canít figure our the uploading.
    Are you sure that's the name of it?

    Do they have another airport other than Nashville International?

  13. #1753
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    21,993

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  14. #1754
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Atheist Nashville airport? Do they have an airport for atheists? Or did atheists sponsor the airport?
    Lol AT THE Nashville airport!

  15. #1755
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,174
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Lol AT THE Nashville airport!
    Thatís a shame. ďAtheist Nashville AirportĒ would have been a cool name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •