Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 211 of 334 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5009
    The Cubs just better not trade Kris Bryant. If they do, it will be a real black mark on the Theo Epstein regime. Not necessarily the trade itself, but the way they mismanged the payroll so that they couldn't afford to keep a HOF caliber player they drafted.

Since he entered the league he's had the 3rd most WAR for a position player.

We are a big market team, if we don't pay Kris Bryant I'm going to be seriously bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    The Cubs just better not trade Kris Bryant. If they do, it will be a real black mark on the Theo Epstein regime. Not necessarily the trade itself, but the way they mismanged the payroll so that they couldn't afford to keep a HOF caliber player they drafted.

We are a big market team, if we don't pay Kris Bryant I'm going to be seriously bummed.
    Well said.

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of energy I can give to this team if in fact Bryant is traded without really strengthening the team as a whole. Even then, it will be tough.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

He was 38th in WAR last year, and the names around him aren't guys I'd pay 30 million a year for. LeMaihu, Grandal, and Ryu. I need to see him return fully to form before I want to see him extended.

You guys Kris Bryant is not Mike trout ... give it a rest. If the guy doesn’t want to sign an extension you get something of value for him and move on. He’s not even the top player at his position. I would say he’s potentially not even top 3 at 3b.

Chill the hell out

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Well said.

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of energy I can give to this team if in fact Bryant is traded without really strengthening the team as a whole. Even then, it will be tough.
    For me it is not about the name on the back of the jersey. I don't want Bryant traded either. But if he is, I will still be a Cubs fan and still cheer for them, not him. All things being equal I would rather keep him. But the reason I say that is with him, IMO, the team will be better. If they have a plan to be as good next year without Bryant as they will be with him (make the playoffs), and they can make that happen, I will be fine. Especially if in doing so they extend the time they will be good. My issue is, I am not sure they can do that.

Fg has him ranked as the 10th 3b.... 10th!!!

And some are whining like a 2yr old getting their paci taken away. For 35mill!!

Bye felicia

Have a feeling it’s going to be a rough offseason. A different kind of rough than the disastrous 2017-18 winter, but still rough.

If they trade Bryant, they have to win the trade. Like beyond debate win the trade. Which I have almost zero faith in happening.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post

Bye felicia
    Relax, dude.

Just because he wasn’t the top 3B in the league last year, that doesn’t he’s still a top player in the game.

It’s gonna be a sad day in Cubs nation when they trade Bryant, whether you like it or not.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Have a feeling it’s going to be a rough offseason. A different kind of rough than the disastrous 2017-18 winter, but still rough.

If they trade Bryant, they have to win the trade. Like beyond debate win the trade. Which I have almost zero faith in happening.
    Well, considering the other team also has a GM and is not run by a 12 year old, I agree with you that they will not win the trade without a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post

Bye felicia
    That's such an asinine response. FG had him ranked the 25th most valuable player in the league in a trade. So let's pump the brakes.

He's easily a top-5 player at his position. He's probably a top-3, arguably top-2 when healthy. He's on a HoF arc. You act like he's some run of the mill player. Calm down, take a step back, and actually take stock of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post

They've made the payroll decisions they've made. The decision to trade Bryant should only be based on what is most beneficial to the Cubs' competitiveness going forward. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Well, considering the other team also has a GM and is not run by a 12 year old, I agree with you that they will not win the trade without a debate.
    Trades can, in fact, be won.

See: Jordan Alvarez straight up for Josh Fields. Or Scott Feldman for Jake Arrieta. Or, the farm for José Quintana.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

I am reading lots of “Cubs better not trade Bryant” posts but no solutions to this issue? He doesn’t want to extend with the Cubs and it he doesn’t, he will leave for free after 2020 (if he wins his service time grievance case) or after 2021. Is that preferable to some people?

That would actually to a lot worse than trading Kris for controllable prospect talent for the future. You can’t think emotionally about this. We all love Kris Bryant and hope he retires a Cub but there looks to be no chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I am reading lots of “Cubs better not trade Bryant” posts but no solutions to this issue? He doesn’t want to extend with the Cubs and it he doesn’t, he will leave for free after 2020 (if he wins his service time grievance case) or after 2021. Is that preferable to some people?
    I think people just want the Cubs to pay Bryant long-term, even if he's testing the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Trades can, in fact, be won.

See: Jordan Alvarez straight up for Josh Fields. Or Scott Feldman for Jake Arrieta. Or, the farm for José Quintana.
    Sure they can. And some you mentioned are not as obvious as others. But that is not the discussion now. However, at the time of the trade, it will be very doubtful that there will be a winner, without question. If they trade him I have all the confidence in them to get the best deal they can for him. And that said, most (probably you included) will still hate the deal. I very well could as well. But it is what it is. If they feel they have to move him they are going to.