Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 334 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    His take was Contreras would get a better return?
    I could buy getting closer to actual value in a deal involving Contreras over Bryant. But I have almost zero faith in the Cubs getting what Bryant is worth. And if anyone should realize controllability can be overrated, itís Cubs fans.
    Check out this conversation.

https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma/st...309444609?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Heís obviously closer to it than I am, but I canít believe itís a blanket theory all teams are using.
    If so, I wouldnít mind going against the grain with a win now strategy.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Looks like Marlins could be interested in NC . I know he is from Florida but good luck with that Marlins .

Edit : NVM seems like speculation more than anything else .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 11-11-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Heís obviously closer to it than I am, but I canít believe itís a blanket theory all teams are using.
    If so, I wouldnít mind going against the grain with a win now strategy.
    I think the greater value on Contreras is that with an improved pitch framing, he is an offensive hitting Catcher with a tremendous arm that teams respect..

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I think the greater value on Contreras is that with an improved pitch framing, he is an offensive hitting Catcher with a tremendous arm that teams respect..
    Obviously heís valuable. But the comment here is that heís more valuable than Kris Bryant. I donít think so. If so, I hope they take advantage of that market and go get Lindor for him. I just donít think itís possible.

I think they need to be open to what the market presents. If superstars nearing free agency are undervalued, go get them and lets win one of these next 2 World Series.

Obviously heís valuable. But the comment here is that heís more valuable than Kris Bryant. I donít think so. If so, I hope they take advantage of that market and go get Lindor for him. I just donít think itís possible.

I think they need to be open to what the market presents. If superstars nearing free agency are undervalued, go get them and lets win one of these next 2 World Series.
    I think the value if Willy should be less than that of KB. However, I also think there will be more teams interested in Willy. I totally understand your point. And if all the teams were not standing behind that self made salary cap, KB would be a lot more valuable. But they are sticking to it up until now. So maybe instead of KB bringing Fried and Wright or Wilson (I forgot what people were suggesting for Bryant), maybe Willy does.

Yes, please.

Just saying, I think why he may be suggested as more valuable now then Bryant is because he an offensive Catcher who has a great arm and now has improved his framing..

Those are hard to find

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Just saying, I think why he may be suggested as more valuable now then Bryant is because he an offensive Catcher who has a great arm and now has improved his framing..

Those are hard to find
    Iíd be cautious to say that he has improved his framing. He may have made some progress in his framing but overall he rated very poorly as framer, so at best the jury is out.

Again, Contreras is valuable. Kris Bryant should be more valuable. Heís on a hall of fame trajectory with nearly 28 war before the age of 28. Contreras has 8.3 fWAR. Willson is a good player who still has break out potential, 3 years of control and is at a position with some scarcity. But KB is a top line superstar. If teams value good players more than superstars because they are cheaper and have 1 extra year of control, then those teams are dumb and please Cubs go get their superstars.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-11-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Iíd be cautious to say that he has improved his framing. He may have made some progress in his framing but overall he rated very poorly as a farmer do at best the jury is out.

Again, Contreras is valuable. Kris Bryant should be more valuable. Heís on a hall of fame trajectory with nearly 28 war before the age of 28. Contreras has 8.3 fWAR. Willson is a good player who still has break out potential, 3 years of control and is at a position with some scarcity. But KB is a top line superstar. If teams value good players more than superstars because they are cheaper and have 1 extra year of control, then those teams are dumb and please Cubs go get their superstars.
    Preach brother

Iíd be cautious to say that he has improved his framing. He may have made some progress in his framing but overall he rated very poorly as framer, so at best the jury is out.

I agree with you. But sadly it isn't about production any longer. It is about cost. So if a team is going to give the Cubs as much as, or more for Contreras then they will for Bryant then I hope the Cubs trade Contreras and do as you suggest and try winning the next 2 years, salary be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I agree with you. But sadly it isn't about production any longer. It is about cost. So if a team is going to give the Cubs as much as, or more for Contreras then they will for Bryant then I hope the Cubs trade Contreras and do as you suggest and try winning the next 2 years, salary be damned.
    I just canít believe that would be the reality. I think Sharma is the best actual Journalist covering the Cubs - and it isnít close - but he canít be right about this. If heís right then trading Kris Bryant canít be a consideration and trading for Lindor or Betts or Syndergaard or some other expensive 4.5+ win star should be the focus. I just donít think itís true. I think Contreras is the one they want to trade first. They have some depth at catcher. Contact and framing have been a struggle for him. Bryantís service time isnít figured out, Rizzo isnít getting traded, Javy sounds likely to extend, and Schwarber doesnít have as much value as youíd need to trade him. That leaves Willson as the first trade candidate. I think this is just an attempt at building value. I donít believe teams actually value Willson over KB. I guess weíll find out if both are moved.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-11-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Looks like Venable is staying on the coaching staff with Ross:

2016 World Series Champions!!!

https://twitter.com/espnchicubs/stat...133950465?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk