Follow us on Twitter

Page 234 of 326 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4876
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Nope.

Itís ok to admit it was wrong.
    In your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    It certainly is. Especially when things are going better for a person's life. On and off the field.

It seems that his true personality is starting to shine now that he's pitching great. He's happier. He's more outgoing. He's was a different person than when he was struggling.

I like the new Yu. On and off the field.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think yours and thawv's are both pretty fair.
    I think the Cubs might even be able to do it under what I had there. Bogaerts is a better player or at least a more consistent player with offensive traits that should age well. Javy would also be up for FA in the uncertain CBA year and in the same FA market as Lindor and Seager. Maybe heíd take something closer to 7/125 to lock it in now.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Every start. It was never Yu sucks, it was that he was mentally broken for some reason. He was never just allowed to be bad.
    Part of that was because heíd cruise through 4-5 innings then completely lose it. Is it wrong to wonder how a guy who has struck out like 12 per 9 in his career just loses it in the fifth inning and consider something non-physical has something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    In your opinion.
    In reality.

You were more guilty of it than anyone. Just own the fact that you were playing armchair psychologist and had zero idea what you were talking about.

Pirates hire former Red Sox GM Ben Cherington as their new GM

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    In your opinion.
    In reality.

You were more guilty of it than anyone. Just own the fact that you were playing armchair psychologist and had zero idea what you were talking about.
    This will never end well. If I had to pick two people who are going to go down fighting and never give an inch, CP and Bdawk would be my choice. So, guys, feel free to go at it. But keep it civil.

I love that the narrative online (not calling out anyone here specifically) around Darvishís personality changed from him being a weak mental midget to this genuine, awesome guy as soon as he started kicking *** on the mound. Itís always funny how that works.
    I can only speak for myself but I donít think Iíve ever said a negative word about Darvish.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I donít think Iíve ever said a negative word about Darvish.
    No offense to you, but that would surprise me. I am not even willing to say that about me. And generally I lean towards optimism and defending players. To say I do not think I ever said anything negative about Darvish would most likely be proven false. There were definitely some much worse than others. But I think at some point most had something negative to say about him. Maybe not him being weak mentally. But definitely him sucking or not be worth the money. Hopefully a lot of people will be eating their words this year. Hopefully he has a great season.

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

This will never end well. If I had to pick two people who are going to go down fighting and never give an inch, CP and Bdawk would be my choice. So, guys, feel free to go at it. But keep it civil.
    It is what it is. I think anyone paying attention knows what the narrative was and they know who the most vocal people pushing it here were and they know the narrative was built on WS struggles, feeling bad for losing the WS, and for an injury that turned out to be a stress fracture. They know that every bad start was attributed to a mental failing. If Dawk wants to double down on that, thatís his choice, but itís just as wrong now as it was then. I donít really have any interest in arguing about it. It happened. I thought it was wrong at the time. I think itís wrong now.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-15-2019 at 03:17 PM.

No offense to you, but that would surprise me. I am not even willing to say that about me. And generally I lean towards optimism and defending players. To say I do not think I ever said anything negative about Darvish would most likely be proven false. There were definitely some much worse than others. But I think at some point most had something negative to say about him. Maybe not him being weak mentally. But definitely him sucking or not be worth the money. Hopefully a lot of people will be eating their words this year. Hopefully he has a great season.
    Oh Iím sure I yelled to get him out of a game or to throw a strike for once... but I was meaning like him personally... I have never said anything about who he is... like mentally weak or something.

It is what it is. I think anyone paying attention knows what the narrative was and they know who the most vocal people pushing it here were and they know the narrative was built on WS struggles, feeling bad for losing the WS, and for an injury that turned out to be a stress fracture. They know that every bad start was attributed to a mental failing. If Dawk wants to double down on that, thatís his choice, but itís just as wrong now as it was then. I donít really have any interest in arguing about it. It happened. I thought it was wrong at the time. I think itís wrong now.
    For the record, I agree with you. But I doubt many would admit they were wrong. To me it is a waste of time trying to have someone admit a mistake. Seldom is it done in society, I wouldn't expect it here.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Oh Iím sure I yelled to get him out of a game or to throw a strike for once... but I was meaning like him personally... I have never said anything about who he is... like mentally weak or something.
    I would like to think I never did either. But I am not sure. I know that was not my true belief, but there may have been an occasion of disappointment where I spouted out. That is all I am saying. I always found it interesting that people would consider him mentally weak yet we had a guy like Lester who can't throw the ball to 1st, and no one considered that a mental weakness. IMO that is 100% a mental block.

Who else is ready to just go all in for 2020 and 2021? Trade Amaya, Happ plus for Pham. Trade Contreras, Nico, and Brailyn for Lindor. Sign Odorizzi and Harris and see what happens.

OF
    Schwarber
    Pham
    Heyward

IF
    Bryant
    Lindor
    Baez
    Rizzo

C
    Caratini
    Vet C

There's honestly no bigger sin to me than cheating (whether on a spouse or in a sport or even on a test)

I really hope the MLB comes down HARD on the Astros. Forfeit 3 years of draft picks, 3 years of FA signings, vacate the 2017 Title and send the Lastros back to the stone ages where they belong.