Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 186 of 334 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5009
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    This has been a terrific 1st half from the Bulls. They really do have an exciting young team, which is nice to see for a change. Carter, Lavine, Lauri and White are all really solid players.

65-48 Bulls lead at the half.
    They're actually playing with a lot of energy both offensively and defensively.

James looks stupid with his rug..lol
    2 different shades of black, all that money he can't even get a decent hair transplant

Just shave it all off [emoji1787]

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    They're actually playing with a lot of energy both offensively and defensively.

James looks stupid with his rug..lol
    2 different shades of black, all that money he can't even get a decent hair transplant

Just shave it all off [emoji1787]

Just want to ask the mods if this basketball talk is fine on here during the baseball offseason (of course if there are Cubs signings I wonít talk about the Bulls)? The Bulls forum is pretty dead these days.

Just want to ask the mods if this basketball talk is fine on here during the baseball offseason (of course if there are Cubs signings I wonít talk about the Bulls)? The Bulls forum is pretty dead these days.
    I guess lol.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    So how many people have submitted their mock offseason predictions and when will they start rolling out?
    As far as I know, weíre still sitting on 1 submitted entry via DM to either myself or 1908.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    So how many people have submitted their mock offseason predictions and when will they start rolling out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It depends on who starts or is involved in the off topic discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    This forum would be exceptionally boring if we all continuously circle jerked the team and their front office. They aren't above criticism.

Anyways the comment I made was intended to be humorous not provocative. My issue is more with the poster (Wolf). He's always talking **** about people who disagree with him but when they defend themselves he's nowhere to be found. Pretty cowardly. I suspect he's like that in real life too.
    You're a pest. Right now I'm driving my family across the country, I have very little time to post.

It's not that anyone should be shielded from criticism. It's that your stupid *** shtick is old and tiresome and you drag your dumb **** into every thread. Then when people point out how wrong you are you keep going back to the well anyway because it's all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm not political. I dont care for politics, and don't care to talk about it

Just threw this out there in regards to what was being posted above about Chicago

Glad to move on and back to the Cubs and baseball here [emoji4]
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Couldnít agree more... I donít even care about this party or that party but if you side with Chicago politics you are part of the problem.

Good day
    Love when people post non sports, political based comments and follow it up with "I am not political". So, if you are truly not political stick to sports. And keep your opinions about Chicago to yourself, at least on a sports thread.

This has been a terrific 1st half from the Bulls. They really do have an exciting young team, which is nice to see for a change. Carter, Lavine, Lauri and White are all really solid players.

65-48 Bulls lead at the half.
    This didn't age well.

Question for a couple of you - donít we have a pair of brothers here, a group of guys, who write on a cubs website and do podcasts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    You're a pest. Right now I'm driving my family across the country, I have very little time to post.

It's not that anyone should be shielded from criticism. It's that your stupid *** shtick is old and tiresome and you drag your dumb **** into every thread. Then when people point out how wrong you are you keep going back to the well anyway because it's all you know.

So why donít you just ignore him? Or better yet, be an adult and refuse to respond? No matter what he does... itís your reaction that makes you look bad. And right now you look like an overgrown child.

Just an opinion on the last page or so.

I personally would prefer if this forum would stick to the Cubs. Why politics, Bulls, Bears, etc in here? I understand there's nothing going on right now, but maybe one of the better posters, (CP, rcal, 1908, and more) can come up with some creative topic to keep us going until the winter meetings.

I would like to take maybe the top 20 FA's and try to guess their contract terms. I don't know if anybody would be interested in that or not.

I can never understand how somebody can actually block or ignore another poster. It seems that to do that, you would have to be so sensitive, intolerant, or thin skinned to feel like you can't deal with reading somebody's words, that you don't agree with. I find it more interesting to read both negative and positive comments on here. I know that most of you don't like it, but I personally get a kick out of PP's negative posts. I look forward to them. I feel the same way about WCWW when he posts. I find them both very amusing and creative with how they both have different ways of injecting negativity in to almost anything positive. Especially WCWW!

Thanks for the positive, negative, and baseball insightful posts, guys!
    Last edited by thawv; 11-06-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Guys, let's keep this to the Cubs and on topic. I've given a lot of latitude here, but I'm done with the banter AT each other and what kind of posters there are, politics and the like. There's also plenty of places to talk Bulls and Bears.

With the off-season about to kick in, let's get back on topic. I'm not deleting anything, but just...on topic. Deletions will start now. Appreciate it, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Guys, let's keep this to the Cubs and on topic. I've given a lot of latitude here, but I'm done with the banter AT each other and what kind of posters there are, politics and the like. There's also plenty of places to talk Bulls and Bears.

With the off-season about to kick in, let's get back on topic. I'm not deleting anything, but just...on topic. Deletions will start now. Appreciate it, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Just an opinion on the last page or so.

I personally would prefer if this forum would stick to the Cubs. Why politics, Bulls, Bears, etc in here? I understand there's nothing going on right now, but maybe one of the better posters, (CP, rcal, 1908, and more) can come up with some creative topic to keep us going until the winter meetings.

I would like to take maybe the top 20 FA's and try to guess their contract terms. I don't know if anybody would be interested in that or not.

I can never understand how somebody can actually block or ignore another poster. It seems that to do that, you would have to be so sensitive, intolerant, or thin skinned to feel like you can't deal with reading somebody's words, that you don't agree with. I find it more interesting to read both negative and positive comments on here. I know that most of you don't like it, but I personally get a kick out of PP's negative posts. I look forward to them. I feel the same way about WCWW when he posts. I find them both very amusing and creative with how they both have different ways of injecting negativity in to almost anything positive. Especially WCWW!

Thanks for the positive, negative, and baseball insightful posts, guys!
    I agree with you thawv. However, I did ignore TN near the end of last year. He clearly came on this site as a troll. I do not feel Peanut is a troll. Just someone who sees the glass half empty all the time. TBH, I even agree with him at times. No comment on WCWW.
    There is a place for positive and negative. Personally, I do not understand why someone is ALWAYS negative, but that is just me. To me, that is the lazy, easy way of being when talking baseball. In a game of failure you can always find something to ***** about. When it gets old to me, I either answer back, or just stop reading the post of some. I am not sure many would agree that I am one of the better posters, but thank you for the shout out.
    As for topics, Lets go with I really hope the Cubs plan on at least keeping their payroll in the same area it was in last year, or it is going to be a long season. In BN, there is a story that suggests then would only have around $9M to spend if they wanted to save $10M for the deadline. That did include Russell, however, and I doubt he is tendered. But that only gives then $14M. I thought they were closer to $30 in available cash. At $30M I feel they would be ok, even if they didn't move Bryant. Maybe Contreras for either Fried or Gray. Add whoever is needed to make that happen, or get something extra if Contreras is worth more. I think the idea of signing NC is a reach. I do not see it if all they have is $14 to even $18M. I can see someone like the centerfielder from Japan and/or Avisail Garcia, instead. Then a pen arm and a back up catcher. Bote starts at 2nd. The bench has Happ, FA back up catcher, Kemp, Descalso and maybe Garcia/Japanese centerfielder? Hopefully Hoerner starts well at AAA and is brought up in mid May. Then Bote can go to the bench.
    Possibly, if the Cubs attached someone like Ademan to Chatwood, they can trade Chatwood to get out of some of his contract to get a little more money. Maybe that gets them a better bench/part time bat. Honestly, if BN is correct, and the Cubs DON'T trade Bryant and won't go to the next level of the luxury tax, they really do not have much money to get better. Maybe Almora gets them a pen arm? But he will have to cost as much or less then Almora. They can't really pay more.