Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 334 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 5009
    Also reported by Kaplan on ESPN 1000:

The grievance Bryantís agent filed for his 2015 late call up is going to be heard this week. If Bryant and his agent wins the grievance case, Bryant will become a UFA after the 2020 season

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Happy itís Ross. Him or Espada wouldíve been okay with my. Now letís turn this **** around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    So do we all get an apology now?
    Hell will freeze over before that happens

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I love Grandpa Rossy for what he did in his short time here, both tangibly and intangibly. But I canít help but feel this move seems like moving backwards instead of moving forward. Hiring for the past instead of hiring for the future. I donít know, obviously I hope Iím dead wrong and heís a tremendous manager for us. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The status quo continues.

Damn, I am in agreement. Jessie Rogers on ESPN 1000 right now just flaming all you people who are suddenly on this Espada bandwagon. Pretending to be experts about this guy we know nothing about. Like he was going to be some savior and suddenly Ross knows nothing about baseball. Crazy how the tide turns in 2 weeks. All of a sudden Ross isn't loved anymore, because some guy named Joe Espada gets 2 interviews? Come on.
    Last edited by chi-townlove1; 10-23-2019 at 10:46 AM.

His name is Joe Espada. Not Estrada.

It's ironic to call people out on not knowing him, and how much better Ross is, if you cant even get his name correct. Not to mention no one I've seen has said Ross "doesn't know anything about baseball". Ross has some legit concerns; he does know these guys, it's okay to question how they may react to someone who was a teammate just two years ago. He also has no bench experience as a coach or manager.

I'm not against Ross being manager. I do think I liked Espada a little more. But I don't know Ross like the FO does. So it's fine by me. They clearly think he's the best option. I'm trusting of the choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-23-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Ross will be fine. Idgaf about the manager. Im more concerned about our players regression.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Damn, I am in agreement. Jessie Rogers on ESPN 1000 right now just flaming all you people who are suddenly on this Estrada bandwagon. Pretending to be experts about this guy we know nothing about. Like he was going to be some savior and suddenly Ross knows nothing about baseball. Crazy how the tide turns in 2 weeks. All of a sudden Ross isn't loved anymore, because some guy named Joe Estrada gets 2 interviews? Come on.
    Who is Estrada and who in here is mad about Ross?

My bad guys, spelled his name wrong. Please don't crucify me..oh no.

Plenty of people here already questioning the hire, Upset it wasn't Espada. People on social media all upset about it, as if Espada was even on their radar 3 weeks ago. I don't care either way quite frankly. Managers in baseball don't mean ****. The players gotta play, and right now we don't have players who do their job. As Jbears said, the constant regression of the players is the main concern, not the manager.

Plenty of people here already questioning the hire, Upset it wasn't Espada. People on social media all upset about it, as if Espada was even on their radar 3 weeks ago. I don't care either way quite frankly. Managers in baseball don't mean ****. The players gotta play, and right now we don't have players who do their job. As Jbears said, the constant regression of the players is the main concern, not the manager.
    You seem to be making the biggest deal out of this for someone who doesn't care

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Kap talking on ESPN 1000, and he said he has sources that are telling him that the Cubs arenít expected to be major players in FA this offseason either. He said the Cubs will not be in play for Cole or Rendon.

Take it FWIW
    Doesn't shock me. I also would be shocked if Bryant was still on the team. IMO, I can see someone like Contreras traded for someone like Gray or Fried and maybe Quintana traded for a semi starter, most likely in the outfield, then the Cubs sign the centerfielder from Japan and maybe Wheeler along with a pen arm or two and go with that team next year. Maybe they can also make a trade or tow of guys like Happ/Bote/Almora/Russell to get a pen arm as well. Also, sign a defensive back up catcher.
    I feel the pen would have Wick, Kimbrel, Weick, Ryan, Chatwood for sure. With other guys like Norwood, Hultzen, Mekkes, and Alzolay as options, plus whoever else they trade for or sign. The 4 outfielders would be the guy from Japan, Schwarber, Heyward and whoever they got for Q. Infield would be set except for second base, where that would go to either Bote, Happ, Descalso or Kemp (depending on who they didn't trade) until Hoerner was ready. Bench would be the 4th outfielder, the FA catcher, and whatever infielders were not traded. Maybe even pick up a low cost FA for the bench. Zobrist???? Castro????

Well it's ironic to completely call everyone out for not knowing him if you can't get his name right. It shows a lack of knowledge about him, whether you have any or not.

Social media is a breeding ground for complaining. Had Espada been hired, people would be complaining on social media it wasn't David Ross. Who cares what people on Facebook and Twitter think?

Generally speaking, both were excellent candidates. Espada has been with two great organizations, been in the dugout and is bilingual, which makes him likely someone who can connect with multiple types of players. Ross has intimate knowledge of the organization and prior relationships.

Acting like Espada would have been a bad hire is ridiculous. Overly whining about Ross is the same. The front office made a choice. It wasn't a retreat like Girardi who wouldn't have likely fit the mold. That's really the most important thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    The status quo continues.
    Who cares! None of us really has any idea if Espada or Ross would be a better choice.

I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't Espada. I'm not however disappointed that it's Ross.

These guys know way more than we do, so they must see/know something that we don't about Ross' ability to be a manager.

I'm fine with the decision. Not that it matters, as I'm just a fan.