Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 246 of 326 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4881
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on Riley. He actually was drafted as a 3rd baseman and was a top prospect as a 3rd baseman. So he could be equivalent to Bohm and Wright to Howard.
    36.4K% and a guy who showed just decent to slightly above average pop before the juiced ball of 2019. Just not real interested. With that said, I'd absolutely love to move Contreras and whoever to SD for some combination of Lamet,Urias,Munoz and Mejia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    36.4K% and a guy who showed just decent to slightly above average pop before the juiced ball of 2019. Just not real interested. With that said, I'd absolutely love to move Contreras and whoever to SD for some combination of Lamet,Urias,Munoz and Mejia.
    Not sure where you are seeing average power prior to the juiced ball era. In 18', before coming up to AAA, where he was 5 years younger than the average age, his slugging was .677 in AA. Also, before coming up to the majors his K rate was closer to 25% in the minors. And he has always played at a much younger age then the average player in the league. IMO, too much is being made of his K rate last year when he was in the majors at 22 years old. What was Javy's K rate the first year he came up? 40%? Both 18' and 19' were pretty solid minor league seasons at a young age. And, in fact, he was ranked higher than Bohm as far as prospects go. He wouldn't be the first guy to struggle a little when he came up, only to them become a very solid hitter. Before coming up he was a top 40 prospect. I have a hard time believing he can be written off after 300 PA in the majors.

Not sure where you are seeing average power prior to the juiced ball era. In 18', before coming up to AAA, where he was 5 years younger than the average age, his slugging was .677 in AA. Also, before coming up to the majors his K rate was closer to 25% in the minors. And he has always played at a much younger age then the average player in the league. IMO, too much is being made of his K rate last year when he was in the majors at 22 years old. What was Javy's K rate the first year he came up? 40%? Both 18' and 19' were pretty solid minor league seasons at a young age. And, in fact, he was ranked higher than Bohm as far as prospects go. He wouldn't be the first guy to struggle a little when he came up, only to them become a very solid hitter. Before coming up he was a top 40 prospect. I have a hard time believing he can be written off after 300 PA in the majors.
    I don't think anyone is writing him off, but I'm simply not willing to move Contreras with him as the lead piece.

Guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on Riley. He actually was drafted as a 3rd baseman and was a top prospect as a 3rd baseman. So he could be equivalent to Bohm and Wright to Howard.
    I know exactly who is Austin Riley where he was drafted what position he plays . There has always been questions about his ability to make contact as he has jumped levels . He struck out 37 percent of the time last year in almost 300 AB with a 5 walk rate . Can he get better ? Sure but if I am trading Bryant I donít want a guy with those questions. Cubs were last I believe last season in contact rate with the Tigers app believe . Austin Riley is not a good fit . Kyle Wright didnít exactly set the world on fire at AAA.

That Braves package you suggested is closer to the big leagues but if you ask me right now I take the Phillies one with Bohm and Howard. Bohm has the perfect combination of power strike zone knowledge and ability to make contact for a power hitter and Howard is completely on the rise as a prospect right now . One question with Bohm seems to be defense but the bat looks like itís going to play.

Give me the Phillies package and sign Moustakas to two year deal max if they need to trade Bryant.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Nobody is writing him off based on 300 ABS or whatever but when you see someone strike out 37 percent of the time is alarming very alarming . No thanks on trading KB for a guy with those kind of question marks especially with a pitcher like Wright who isnít exactly coming of domination at AAA. Hard pass on Riley for me at least not for KB.

So KB and his wife are expecting.

Do the right thing Kris, raise the kid in Chicago.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

If Zunino is non-tendered, I think I'd kick the tires on him, especially if the Cubs move Contreras. He was bad last year, but the power is still there, and he can still frame. IIRC, McLeod really liked him in the 2012 draft, and now he's on the big league side, so I think maybe the Cubs are thinking similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Nobody is writing him off based on 300 ABS or whatever but when you see someone strike out 37 percent of the time is alarming very alarming . No thanks on trading KB for a guy with those kind of question marks especially with a pitcher like Wright who isnít exactly coming of domination at AAA. Hard pass on Riley for me at least not for KB.

Fair enough. I think the Braves or the Phillies match up pretty well. Maybe the Cubs can use each team against the other to get a better deal. Maybe a better player/prospect or maybe even a 3rd piece. I have to think both teams would be interested in KB. And neither would want to finish second. Atlanta has a lot of prospects. Doesn't have to be Riley and Wright. Can be a completely different combination. If each knows the other is in on KB, the deal might be pretty good, whichever they go with.
    All of this said, I would rather work something out somewhere between 8 years for $223 and 8 years for $240, and keep KB.

Cubs have 8 spots on the 40 man available but they have several rule 5 elegible players . Deadline to add those players to the roster is tomorrow . They will add Amaya but other than that who gets added ?

2019 - 2020 Off Season Thread

Cubs have 8 spots on the 40 man available but they have several rule 5 elegible players . Deadline to add those players to the roster is tomorrow . They will add Amaya but other than that who gets added?
    Amaya is a no-brainer.

Everything Iím seeing online has these players as possible options for 40-man protection: Dakota Mekkes, Michael Rucker, Tyson Miller, Zack Short, PJ Higgins, Jhonny Pereda, Jordan Minch and Ryan Lawlor.

Arizona Phil of The Cub Reporter expects Amaya, Higgins, Pereda and Miller as definite/most likely choices, followed by Trent Giambrone, Short, Minch, Matt Swarmer and Mekkes as possible additions but not 100% likely

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Cubs have 8 spots on the 40 man available but they have several rule 5 elegible players . Deadline to add those players to the roster is tomorrow . They will add Amaya but other than that who gets added ?

Maybe Miller? Short?

It's nice to see a 20 year old in the system that's good enough to be forced on to the 40 man roster.

To be honest, I thought that Amaya had one more year before he needed to be protected. He signed in July of 2015. Because he was signed when he was 16 years old, (18 or younger) he is protected for 5 years before being forced to go on the 40 man roster for protection. It's only been 4 years. He will have 5 years of professional baseball in July of 2020.

Does anybody know more about this? Why is he not protected under this rule?

"Players who signed with their current club at age 18 or younger and have played professionally for at least five years are eligible to be selected, as are those who signed at 19 or older and have at least four years of professional experience."

Like I said......he's only played 4 years. I'm confused.

EDIT: Having to put Amaya on the 40 man roster, is also going to use up his first minor league option this year. With that said, we might be seeing him up sooner than later. If they trade Willy, I would expect him to see some time in the bigs this season.
    Last edited by thawv; 11-19-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Maybe Miller? Short?

It's nice to see a 20 year old in the system that's good enough to be forced on to the 40 man roster.

To be honest, I thought that Amaya had one more year before he needed to be protected. He signed in July of 2015. Because he was signed when he was 16 years old, (18 or younger) he is protected for 5 years before being forced to go on the 40 man roster for protection. It's only been 4 years. He will have 5 years of professional baseball in July of 2020.

Does anybody know more about this? Why is he not protected under this rule?

"Players who signed with their current club at age 18 or younger and have played professionally for at least five years are eligible to be selected, as are those who signed at 19 or older and have at least four years of professional experience."

Like I said......he's only played 4 years. I'm confused.

EDIT: Having to put Amaya on the 40 man roster, is also going to use up his first minor league option this year. With that said, we might be seeing him up sooner than later. If they trade Willy, I would expect him to see some time in the bigs this season.
    I highly doubt we are Amaya on the MLB roster this year. He's VERY young and still very raw with the bat. He needs PAs and learning. Caratini will be the lead C if we trade Willson and another catcher will be brought in as a backup.

Amaya would have to do something very special to be considered coming up next year. Option or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I highly doubt we are Amaya on the MLB roster this year. He's VERY young and still very raw with the bat. He needs PAs and learning. Caratini will be the lead C if we trade Willson and another catcher will be brought in as a backup.

Amaya would have to do something very special to be considered coming up next year. Option or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Do you know why he's not protected anymore, without being put on the 40 man roster?

The rule says that he is still protected.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    He probably has another book to promote. Itís not happening.