Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Offseason

Last edited by otatop; 10-10-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Giants season is now officially over according to Henry, I think I agree

"He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Fan season is still on because I am rooting for #ForeverGiant Gerardo Parra to win a championship!

Fire Luke Walton

I'll certainly still be watching (though with a bit less fervor).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

It's weird I wasn't a Nats fan until they started to play the dodgers, now that they beat the dodgers, I don't care if they win an another game or not. But I do respect them more, and without Harper too.
    Last edited by sf1giantfan; 10-10-2019 at 10:51 PM. Reason: add

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Dave Roberts returns to LA. My dream is over, but everyone else (excluding dodger fans) is prob happy.

Fire Luke Walton

Kotsay could be front runner?

Baggarly: “Word around the industry is that Kotsay entered this process as a favored candidate. One source said he would be surprised if the Giants went in a different direction.”
    https://twitter.com/giantsprospects/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Fire Luke Walton

I'm trying to figure out why he would be ? I mean he has no managerial experience. Here is his experience:
    Kotsay joined the Padres front office in 2014 as a special assistant.[14]

On December 1, 2014, the Padres announced Kotsay as their new hitting coach, replacing Phil Plantier.[15]

On November 12, 2015, the Oakland Athletics named Mark Kotsay their new bench coach, replacing Mike Aldrete. In 2017 he became the quality control coach for the Oakland Athletics.

Now let's compare to someone the Giants obviously don't want as their next manager.

After retiring as a player, Wotus remained in the Giants organization as a minor league manager from 1991 to 1997.[3] He managed the Single-A San Jose Giants (1991–92), the Double-A Shreveport Captains (1993–95) and Triple-A Phoenix Firebirds (1996–97).[3] Wotus was named California League Manager of Year in 1991 after leading San Jose to a 92–44 record.[3] In 1997, Wotus was named Pacific Coast League Manager of the Year after the Firebirds finished 88–55, winning 41 of their final 51 games.[3]

Wotus became the Giants' third base coach in 1998 under manager Dusty Baker[2] and served as bench coach from 1999–2017 under managers Baker, Felipe Alou, and Bruce Bochy.[5] Wotus has said he hopes to manage some day[5] and has interviewed for several major league manager jobs, including the Pirates (2000), Dodgers (2005), Mariners (2013), Rays (2014), and Nationals (2015).[6][7][8][9][10] Wotus has also coached the Giants' infielders and was in charge of defensive shifts.[11]

He was part of the Giants last 4 World Series Appearances, just that alone should give him more consideration than Kotsay. But the Giants have never seemed interested in his coaching or his minor league manager experience. I just want someone with some more experience than Koysay to lead us back to the World Series.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

FWIW, I read an article earlier in the offseason that praised Kotsay for having great leadership skills and was pegged as a future manager during his playing career. There was more to it, but I don't remember the rest.

Currently, front offices are straying towards candidates with no experience to keep salary low and mold them the way they want rather than experienced managers who will command top salary and are steadfast in their ways and may be less likely to take input from the front office as often as the front office wants.

Espada is the Astros bench coach.

5 years later, 3B coach talks not sending Gordon home in game 7 of the '14 World Series.

But the funniest thing came the next morning, and I’ve never shared this with anyone. I was going to Supercuts or some place to get my hair cut -- this is back when I still had hair. Anyway, the girl cutting my hair asks me if I saw the game last night. And I said yes. Then she said, “He should have sent him.” And I said, “Oh, I don’t think so. He was going to be out.” And she said, “Yeah, but they might have thrown it into the stands or something. Should have sent him.” Inside, I’m just laughing.

I never told her who I was.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-jirsch...eries-decision

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

"Yeah, but they might have thrown it into the stands or something."

Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    "Yeah, but they might have thrown it into the stands or something."

Wtf
    A routine fly out ended with a man on 3B. The way Bum was pitching I think people see it as odds were better that they went full clown car than getting a run off him. Of course knowing that the next batter popped out weakly in foul territory is seen as proof that sending the runner is at worst giving you the same result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    A routine fly out ended with a man on 3B. The way Bum was pitching I think people see it as odds were better that they went full clown car than getting a run off him. Of course knowing that the next batter popped out weakly in foul territory is seen as proof that sending the runner is at worst giving you the same result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't call that a routine fly out though. It was one of those in between balls and Blanco would've needed to make an admirable play to catch it, but that's probably here nor there.

I see what you're saying, but as a fan, I'd be a hell of a lot more upset sending a below average runner, who hadn't even rounded third yet, trying to beat the arm of Crawford than taking my chances with the next batter.

My response was more just reacting to the absurdity of the response than anything.

Giants have informed Ron Wotus that he is no longe under consideration for manager.

I get the feeling it'll be Espada.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast