Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Offseason

I wanted to get an orange Friday Bumgarner one to round out the collection but....

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I always used to buy the authentic because I never liked the polyester replicas jerseys. Since Majestic switched the replicas to cool base in recent years those have been my jersey of choice. I hope Nike supplies similar replica jerseys at a reasonable price.

If you want a home authentic jersey with a name/number it'll cost you an additional $100 compared to no name/number. That's insane.

Giants sign Catcher Tyler Heineman.

28 year old switch hitting catcher. 8th round pick, by the Astros in 2012. In 73 AAA games, he hit 13 HR, 38 RBIs, with .336 AVG, .400 OBP, .990 OPS (244 ABs). He only Strikeout 35 times, and walked 21 times.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=heinem000tyl

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-heineman.html

He must be **** defensively because those are some good #'s.

False alarm on the jerseys. They have since been updated on MLB Shop with no names.

Jelly and Bart the guys to watch.

What are the chances of Pablo Sandavol coming back?

Probably not great since he had Tommy John in September.

Apparently I've been posting in the wrong thread. I have some outside the box (maybe outlandish) ideas I'd like to see. If we can overlook castellanos' defensive issues, why not Domingo Santana? He's 28, has essentially the same career war, and would be cheaper. I am also intrigued by Souza Jr. I'd like to give king Felix a minor league deal, which is what he's projected to get. This parkay do wonders for him. And he would help with attendance. I'd like to know what it would take to get Ben zobrist. And my most outlandish idea, take ALL of the David price contract, they give us Bobby dalbec, Chris Murphy, and Cameron cannon. I'd be happy with dalbec and cannon. At 137 mil payroll, the price contract doesn't even move the needle financially. It shows the fans that you're trying to be competitive, while building the farm to the tune of a top ten system by the start of the year. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Glove502 View Post
    Apparently I've been posting in the wrong thread. I have some outside the box (maybe outlandish) ideas I'd like to see. If we can overlook castellanos' defensive issues, why not Domingo Santana? He's 28, has essentially the same career war, and would be cheaper.
    No thanks on Santana. He's only had one good season in his career and it was three years ago. Castellanos, while also defensively limited, is a much better option (and I can do without him as well).

Over the last two seasons: https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...date=&enddate=

I am also intrigued by Souza Jr.
    Pass (unless it's little more than a ST invitation/minor league contract).

I'd like to give king Felix a minor league deal, which is what he's projected to get. This parkay do wonders for him. And he would help with attendance.
    I highly doubt he'd have much of an impact on attendance and he seems pretty washed up regardless. Also, it's not like Safeco was some big time hitters park or something.

I'd like to know what it would take to get Ben zobrist.
    On something like a 1/$4MM contract, I'd be okay with it. Not something I'd get excited about by any means though.

And my most outlandish idea, take ALL of the David price contract, they give us Bobby dalbec, Chris Murphy, and Cameron cannon. I'd be happy with dalbec and cannon. At 137 mil payroll, the price contract doesn't even move the needle financially. It shows the fans that you're trying to be competitive, while building the farm to the tune of a top ten system by the start of the year. Thoughts?
    I don't know much about any of those prospects but if they are high end ones I'm completely open to moves like this.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Alex Wood signs a one-year, $4M deal with incentives that can push it to $10M. Wish the Giants got him at that price. But maybe also preferred LA over us.

In the last few years, I only buy majestic with no number. That way they stand the test of time. My favorite is the spring training jersey.

I go for the legacy players which stands the test of time too: Clark, Bonds, Lincecum, and Posey.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast