Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Offseason

I'm not shocked but I am slightly disappointed. That'll all go away if they grab a decent corner outfielder with pop and an OBP over .340.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

My question here is who are they going to get for better value? Pillar's 1.4 projected WAR had him valued at $12-million, which is a few million more than they could have had him for. If they aren't trading for Marte, who is a more valuable alternative option. One possibility I'm thinking of is working with Yaz on becoming a centerfielder (he has the speed and athleticism) and platooning him with Dubon (who has been rumored to get some time in center)

Beat writers are saying they want to go young in the outfield and are speculating they could use that money to acquire an impact OF bat.

Thought it was more likely than not Pillar would be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    My question here is who are they going to get for better value? Pillar's 1.4 projected WAR had him valued at $12-million, which is a few million more than they could have had him for. If they aren't trading for Marte, who is a more valuable alternative option. One possibility I'm thinking of is working with Yaz on becoming a centerfielder (he has the speed and athleticism) and platooning him with Dubon (who has been rumored to get some time in center)
    If Yaz is serviceable in center, that'd make this not sting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Beat writers are saying they want to go young in the outfield and are speculating they could use that money to acquire an impact OF bat.

Thought it was more likely than not Pillar would be returning.
    Yaz playing a decent center and acquiring a power hitting corner outfielder that can actually get on base at a decent clip would be ideal. If that's Zaidi's/Harris' approach, I won't care at all about the jettisoning of Pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yaz playing a decent center and acquiring a power hitting corner outfielder that can actually get on base at a decent clip would be ideal. If that's Zaidi's/Harris' approach, I won't care at all about the jettisoning of Pillar.
    Agreed.

Giants try to get Taijuan Walker. Was non-tendered by the Dbacks, 27 coming off TJ surgery. Could be a bargain.

I am surprised by this, not shocked as I knew his OBP was terrible and his fielding besides the great catches here and there were not great. But I still thought they were going to keep him. We do have many more younger options to try and I'm guessing a more experienced guy in a trade or signing.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Not surprised nor disappointed. He wasn’t a great fielder anymore and his power wasn’t even that good considering the juiced ball. Good guy to stick in left, but the giants think they’d find someone better and cheaper. Oh and that OBP was not ideal.

Give. Me. Puig.

Puig in right, Ozuna in left.

Fire Luke Walton

**** Puig.

The games would be a lot more entertaining if he was playing.

Fire Luke Walton

I can't see myself ever rooting for that immature clown.

If the giants even show a small interest in Puig, means they are not going to resign Bumgarner.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast