Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Offseason

2020 Offseason

The offseason is here. Any rumors, news, things you'd like to see the team do, etc. should be put in here. As aways, any notable news deserves it own thread.

I really hope Vogt is willing to play on a one year contract as the backup once again. Would guess he'll get better offers elsewhere but he seems to really like being a Giant.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I hope they keep Pillar as well. Unlike past years I think we have a lot of in house options, with Yaz, Dickerson, Davis, Shaw, Slater and some guy in the minors who is showing promise. Not sure about Duggar anymore but who knows. Maybe Shaw or Slater can help push Belt at first.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I really hope Vogt is willing to play on a one year contract as the backup once again. Would guess he'll get better offers elsewhere but he seems to really like being a Giant.
    I hope so too. I've grown to really like him. Read this while in line waiting for food today. Just a really likable and generous dude.

http://www.knbr.com/2019/09/29/late-...n-vogt-effect/

Quote Originally Posted by sf1giantfan View Post
    I hope they keep Pillar as well. Unlike past years I think we have a lot of in house options, with Yaz, Dickerson, Davis, Shaw, Slater and some guy in the minors who is showing promise. Not sure about Duggar anymore but who knows. Maybe Shaw or Slater can help push Belt at first.
    I'd be shocked if they didn't since he has one year of arbitration left. His salary was a very reasonable $5.8M.

Mostly interested in the coaching search. I have absolutely 0 idea what they'll do and that is both exciting and frightening. I personally would like to see Mark DeRosa get an interview.

Fire Luke Walton

Want to see who is traded and if they resign Madison

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Mostly interested in the coaching search. I have absolutely 0 idea what they'll do and that is both exciting and frightening. I personally would like to see Mark DeRosa get an interview.
    I don't have a major manager wish list but Omar Vizquel could be chill.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'd like to see us get some talent in the minors. Until that happens, not a lot of good will happen.

If our outfield is set with keeping Pillar and our rookies then we should not need any trades or signings for the outfield.

If we sign Vogt, then we are set at catchers with Posey.

At 2nd base we have the possibility of Dubon and Solano, and maybe helping Crawford at short.

So that leaves 3rd base and pitching, Maybe 1st base as well, depending on what Management decides.

So first they must get a manager and then the decisions.
    Last edited by sf1giantfan; 09-30-2019 at 09:57 PM.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

I would say one corner outfield spot is up for grabs. I think Pillar and Yaz have firm grips on their starting roles, Pillar more so. And I'm certain Longoria will be there again next season and the next unless he falls off a cliff. He was noticeably more productive this season than last and the defense is still there. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants try to find a new home for Belt, but that'd be hard coming off the season he did with his contract.

Hensley Meulens is the first to be interviewed for manager this week.

I'm under the assumption that the Meulens/Wotus interviews are just formalities and both have close to a 0 percent chance of becoming the new manager.

Fire Luke Walton

Yeah Id be surprised if either get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Hensley Meulens is the first to be interviewed for manager this week.
    Yuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast