Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2020 Offseason

I feel sorry for Zaidi having to put up with those nincompoops. Can only imagine what was said behind closed doors.

Thanks for posting that! It was evident from the second Zaidi was hired that many decisions he would make in the future would create displeasure within the fan base. In just the past year this guy brought us Yaz, Dickerson, ridded Melancon's entire horrible contract, got Dubon, Jaylin Davis, and the list goes on. Thats 1 year. Our farm has improved and we have more quality young players with upside.

Simply put, we aren't ready for another championship run right now. But expect them to bring in a Castellanos or Puig type player. In 2021 or 2022 is when we will begin to be competitive again. As young players are called up and the contracts of Crawford Belt Posey Longoria get off the books.

These same people who are blasting Zaidi and causing problems during this process will be the same people praising him in a couple years when we have a stacked lineup leading the NL West again. Sure it sucks losing players like pillar and Vogt, these are the same guys Zaidi brought in or traded for.

In a sense, it was pathetic reading that long article because while I can understand the pessimism, this is exactly what Zaidi wants to get away from. Decisions from the heart. People need to look at the facts and look at Zaidi's transactions made with the + - and all factors included, these people should be bowing to Zaidi and thanking him not causing stress due to desire to please their clueless emotional selves. This is a process. These people are either impatient or don't understand what needs to transpire for the San Francisco Giants to compete again for years to come.

Thank you thus far, Zaidi; you've done well up until now Farhan.
    Last edited by steveweve; 12-05-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Indeed. Between the reactions to Kapler taking over as manager and Pillar being non-tendered, there's going to need to be a massive suicide watch over the Bay Area if/when Bumgarner signs with another team.

I don't care much about the Kapler or Pillar moves. Honestly, letting Vogt walk bugged me quite a bit more than both.
    Agreed. If Vogt replicates his play from last year or even comes close, he's well worth the 1-year $3-mil plus price tag...I just think the Giants front office strongly believes that Bart will debut sooner rather than later in 2020 and they don't want to have three catchers when he does.

Giants seem to have set their sights on Castellanos as a top target.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

/cue Michael Scott gif

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they took a flier with Myers, especially if Zaidi can get him for cheap..I'm pretty excited for this offseason, it's been interesting so far

I wouldn't mind if they kick the tires on Avsail Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they took a flier with Myers, especially if Zaidi can get him for cheap..I'm pretty excited for this offseason, it's been interesting so far
    Personally, I've never been a big fan of Myers. At $68.5M for 2020-2022 the Padres would have to send quite a bit of money over. I just think it's one year too long to take on a bad contract. But Zaidi is a wizard so I'd be interested to what he can whip up.

Yeah, I posted too soon..I shoulda saw the contract..yuck
    Zaidi is definitely a wizard

Crawford’s is easily the worst contract. We only pay Longoria about 14 million a year and he’s somewhat productive. Crawford was absolutely atrocious on the field last year. He couldn’t defend, walk, or hit. Longoria is still a good defender at 3rd base and he’s an above average hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfgiants101 View Post
    Crawford’s is easily the worst contract. We only pay Longoria about 14 million a year and he’s somewhat productive. Crawford was absolutely atrocious on the field last year. He couldn’t defend, walk, or hit. Longoria is still a good defender at 3rd base and he’s an above average hitter.
    I still say Longoria's is worse because he has that extra year plus the buyout tacked on.

In the end we're giving Longoria $49.51M, after deducting the $9M the Rays are paying for the remaining three years, and Crawford $30.4M for the next two seasons.

Longoria was more productive last year, no doubt, but he was still nothing more than average offensively- .322 wOBA, 101 wRC+. Though it's really nothing more than we can expect at this time in his career. I'll take it after 2018.

Triples Alley will now be 415 from 421.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910