Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    The major issue with this offense is the Oline. If they don't fix that, this offense won't go anywhere.

It won't matter who the QB or RB is, the offense won't be able to go down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    The major issue with this offense is the Oline. If they don't fix that, this offense won't go anywhere.

It won't matter who the QB or RB is, the offense won't be able to go down the field.
    Time to talk to the Redskins about Trent Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post

I'm not sure if the Bears have the draft capital for that trade. The Redskins may be willing to deal him now that Gruden has been fired and his holdout is lingering into the second month of the season.

He obliviously doesn't want to be there, so maybe a 2nd would all it would take.

Long is done. I love the guy, but he's a liability. I say cut him and start Cowhard. If he struggles, put Larson in. Move Daniel back to guard and have Whitehair take back the Center responsibilities.

That would Leno as a swing tackle or maybe he could replace Massie.

Williams/Daniel/Whitehair/Coward/Leno or Massie would be a decent change up during the bye week.

The Bears have to do something because the run game is none existent and the pass protection sucks.

I just learned that Bars had an offer from the Patriots to go on their 53 man but he chose the Bears PS largely due to Hiestand, and the Bears paid him more than a typical PS guy as a show of appreciation for staying with the team. They are clearly looking at him as part of the future line.

The future might be now IMO. The line needs major help.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post

they have turned down first for him. i cant see how they take what we can offer. i also think o would be more interested in Scherff

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

How much guaranteed money Leno have left?

Leno and a number 2 would make sense for both teams

Not sure how Leno went from being a perennial solid LT to dog ****. Maybe just wanted the money and doesn't give a **** anymore? Very disappointing.

I've been skeptical about saying Long is done, but holy crap, sure seems like it.

I still think it's more scheme than anything. This running attack we use is high school level. We use gadget, surprise type runs as our main attack. There's a reason most teams run our stupid stretch runs and gadget **** 2-3 times a game. It doesn't work unless you establish a normal run/pass game.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Not sure how Leno went from being a perennial solid LT to dog ****. Maybe just wanted the money and doesn't give a **** anymore? Very disappointing.
    that just doesn't make sense.... he was paid b4 last year. nobody had issue last year. he has been notibly upset about some of the calls against him. he surely cares its just not a good start.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    that just doesn't make sense.... he was paid b4 last year. nobody had issue last year. he has been notibly upset about some of the calls against him. he surely cares its just not a good start.
    100%
    Leno is on a great deal for a left tackle of his skill level. He's 28. He didn't just all the sudden go back 6 years and suck like a no experience 7th rounder. He may be under performing like the rest of the line, but it's all play calling a scheme.

I'm not as worried about Leno. I imagine a big problem for him has been these holding penalties. He clearly does something with his technique that is being easily called with the increased scrutiny this year. I'm sure that translates into more timid play because he's worried about drawing a flag. That's exactly the kind of thing that good coaching (in the form of HH) should be able to fix.

Kyle Long on the other hand just needs to ride the pine or IR. No way around that one.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354