Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm sure no Bears fan is aware.
    Serious question, what was the reasoning for Mitch?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Trubisky was the consensus #1 QB by most or all teams. It was all over before the draft. He was raw but accurate and athletic.
    Hindsight is 20/20.
    Its easy now to say “the Bears could have had Mahomes or Watson” but at the time Mitch was #1

In the end though, just hold on to the picks. I still think that Raiders pick will be pretty high and we may need all the draft available to take another QB.
    This. The roster is fairly solid. Could it be improved? Sure. All 32 rosters in the NFL could use improvement.

Pace maybe smart to just sit on the picks that he has for now. If some unbelievable deal comes up, then pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanchwarmer View Post
    Trubisky was the consensus #1 QB by most or all teams. It was all over before the draft. He was raw but accurate and athletic.
    Hindsight is 20/20.
    Its easy now to say “the Bears could have had Mahomes or Watson” but at the time Mitch was #1
    Watson isn't can't miss either. He takes a lot of bad sacks. Very hot cold. He's been sacked 18 times in 4 games. That's nuts

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Basically what Benchwarmer said.

I'll just add that QB evaluation is really hard, and both Mahomes and Watson came with plenty of risk pre draft.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-30-2019 at 10:32 AM.

That injury to mitch, was, unfortunately, largely on him. I mean he didn't let the defenders flush the pocket but he absolutely has to have a higher sense of awareness on plays like that and ditch the ball as soon as he leaves the tackle box. I saw a couple posts calling him out for the injury and then other posts mocking those posts. But the injury certainly could and should have been prevented.

I understand the Trubisky conflict. I know he's terrible, but he was a high draft pick so moving on from him so quickly would in effect make the Bears the laughing stock of the league.

Best to let him play out his contract and then let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    See I actually prefer the idea of a retread because I think we can win a super bowl with even a below average qb at best.

That d is this good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think we can win a SB with Josh McCown TBH. The guy is a gamer and I don’t recall him ever starting for a team with a great D as ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    I think we can win a SB with Josh McCown TBH. The guy is a gamer and I don’t recall him ever starting for a team with a great D as ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd rather try to get Flacco from Denver. Has lots of postseason experience and won a ring on his incredible run. At 0-4, the Broncos season is basically over and they need to start thinking about the future at QB.

Saw this as well

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I understand the Trubisky conflict. I know he's terrible, but he was a high draft pick so moving on from him so quickly would in effect make the Bears the laughing stock of the league.

Best to let him play out his contract and then let him walk.
    Yeah, no. Not only would he not be the first 2nd overall QB to not pan out as expected, but they still have a top 3 defense and plenty of talent to win double digit games, and get into the playoffs. This is a really strange viewpoint to have. Not only is it erroneous, it's just something so stupid to even care about. Win with the best roster you can put together. If that doesnt include the QB you just took 3 years ago with the 2nd pick, oh well. Better to nip it in the bud.

There are so many teams who would be laughed at far worse than the Bears, that I can guarantee. Now if he has plateaued, or even worse, declined, and they still extend him to a crippling contract, then maybe they catch a lot of heat. But there are so many organizations in far worse shape right now that they're not even close to being in that discussion.

Dislocation with slight labrum tear per Schefty. Out for Raiders sounds like he'll give it a go against Saints after the bye with a harness on.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yeah, no. Not only would he not be the first 2nd overall QB to not pan out as expected, but they still have a top 3 defense and plenty of talent to win double digit games, and get into the playoffs. This is a really strange viewpoint to have. Not only is it erroneous, it's just something so stupid to even care about. Win with the best roster you can put together. If that doesnt include the QB you just took 3 years ago with the 2nd pick, oh well. Better to nip it in the bud.

There are so many teams who would be laughed at far worse than the Bears, that I can guarantee. Now if he has plateaued, or even worse, declined, and they still extend him to a crippling contract, then maybe they catch a lot of heat. But there are so many organizations in far worse shape right now that they're not even close to being in that discussion.
    No matter what happens with Mitch I still love what Pace has done.

I just hope he's decisive with him. If he doesn't think he's the guy, have a plan in place.

Happy to hear he might be back after the bye!

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Surprised more people aren't interested in Dalton. He leads a high flying offense , and was a legitimate MVP candidate just a few years ago. I think he'd age well in Nagy's system and we could draft in the first few rounds to sit behind him.

I don't really understand the Dalton love. He's been nothing but slightly above average, even with one of the best receivers in the league his entire career. I would totally take him, but he wouldn't be cheap and is due a new contract soon that would be awful.

I actually really like the Tyrod option if he would only cost a late round pick.

Eli would be awful in this offense, or any offense at this point.

Josh McCown I would love as a Chase backup/insurance policy, not sure he would be better than Chase without knowing the offense.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast