Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I’d say in the modern era, with as much employment choice available, not to mention the potential of an employer being rightfully outed for abuse and therefore losing credibility many of those labor laws are unnecessary. Also, regardless of how bad the need is, people do have standards and theres still a choice to be made.
    Yep it’s like everyone lives on the big rock candy mountain now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

How do you ban free speech in the land of free speech?
    Wtf

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Wtf
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yep it’s like everyone lives on the big rock candy mountain now

Yup that’s exactly what I said.

We’re you “in a sweet shop working for basically nothing?”
    When I worked for my parents yes, when I worked in the "real world" I wasn't paid much, and way less than I was worth. But I was happy with it so I don't think it was abuse.

I've never worked in a candy shop.

When you need something you might allow someone to abuse you to get it. If we didn’t think that was a problem that should be addressed by gov’t we wouldnt have any labor laws and history tells us if we didn’t have them the market would not stop people from being abused.
    I think adults can define when they are being abused. I think outsiders telling someone they are being abused is kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think adults can define when they are being abused. I think outsiders telling someone they are being abused is kind of annoying.
    Nice, so as long as they don’t know better, it can’t be abuse.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Nice, so as long as they don’t know better, it can’t be abuse.
    Not the point at all. If I'm a garbage man and I love my job and am happy with the pay I'm getting and am fully informed, someone saying that I'm being abused by my employer because I'm not getting hazardous pay for being around garbage or that I have to have a robot arm and a helper to do my job. I think it's okay for people to like their job fully informed and people from the outside are not automatically right when they say someone else needs to be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Wtf
    By not really doing that but really just making it illegal for people to call the police to report someone as illegally here based solely on their skin color or speaking primarily or entirely Spanish.

You could literally read the article...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    By not really doing that but really just making it illegal for people to call the police to report someone as illegally here based solely on their skin color or speaking primarily or entirely Spanish.

You could literally read the article...
    Ok. I'll give you that as long as you agree that minorities (or the woke white folk) labeling white trump supporters as racists or nazis have the same ramifications. Damn, you'd think I'd just went and harassed a bunch of minorities 2 days ago in Minneapolis
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 10-13-2019 at 12:15 AM.

When I worked for my parents yes, when I worked in the "real world" I wasn't paid much, and way less than I was worth. But I was happy with it so I don't think it was abuse.

I've never worked in a candy shop.
    I’m going to take this as a “No”

NYC bans phrase “go back to your country”

Yep and if they have no recourse they will continue to get abused. If a child labor law stops a bunch of sweet shops and also stop a kid or two from working in a non abusive situation I’m ok with that

Last edited by ewing; 10-13-2019 at 08:02 AM.

NYC bans phrase “go back to your country”

Not the point at all. If I'm a garbage man and I love my job and am happy with the pay I'm getting and am fully informed, someone saying that I'm being abused by my employer because I'm not getting hazardous pay for being around garbage or that I have to have a robot arm and a helper to do my job. I think it's okay for people to like their job fully informed and people from the outside are not automatically right when they say someone else needs to be protected.
    No one is happy just to be a garbage man (well no sane person) and none of those things exist. A garage man might be happy they have a job to pay bills, feed their family.... That doesn’t mean they are abused but it does mean they dependent on that job. people will endure a lot to survive sometimes they get abused to provide for themselves. Often abusive relationships hinge on dependence. When they do saying they should just leave or tell the abuser to stop isn’t enough. Outside help is important

Last edited by ewing; 10-13-2019 at 08:29 AM.

No one is happy just to be a garbage man (well no sane person) and none of those things exist. A garage man might be happy they have a job to pay bills, feed their family.... That doesn’t mean they are abused but it does mean they dependent on that job. people will endure a lot to survive sometimes they get abused to provide for themselves. Often abusive relationships hinge on dependence. When they do saying they should just leave or tell the abuser to stop isn’t enough. Outside help is important

People are happy to be garbage men, but that wasn't the point. Outside people should not be telling people what their situation is.

People are happy to be garbage men, but that wasn't the point. Outside people should not be telling people what their situation is.
    So we shouldn’t have any laws, ok

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast