Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    If this is a case of "sugar coating" then, again, you don't know baseball. There are cases every year where the better team loses a short series. It's really not uncommon. That's why they say "just make the post-season cause from there anything can happen."

This is not to be misconstrued with they were unworthy or didn't earn it. Just that the "best team" doesn't always win a short series. It happens. The Dodgers/Nats series was a prime example. Dodgers clearly proved they were the best team in the NL basically all year long....ran into a matchup the Nats could compete with...and baseball happens. **** isn't hard to get.
    Most every fan of a team that loses , with exception , thinks that their team was the better team . These playoff games cannot be compared to the regular season, so throw out the records when arguing .

When you are leading by 2 runs in game 1 and allow the Cardinals to tie the game in the 8th inning and then score 4 runs in the 9th inning to beast you , you are not the better team. The same goes for game 4, you were leading by a run and allowed the Cardinals to tie you in the 8th inning and then score a run in the 10th inning , you ae not the better team.When in the deciding game at your home field, you allow the Cardinals to score 10 runs in the first inning, you are not the better team. I don't care how you want to explain it , but in the past 5 game series , the Cardinals were the better team.

Look, as I mentioned previously, enjoy your season , enjoy the fact that you have one of the better teams in baseball, enjoy the fact that you will be in the WS very shortly, enjoy the fact that you have a core of excellent young players , maybe the best in Acuna.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 10-14-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Braves where clearly the better team, injuries right at the end of the season and in the series changed that. It happens, the better team losses all the time, part of the game.

The Cardinals have scored 1 run during the NLCS. I canít believe we lost to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Braves where clearly the better team, injuries right at the end of the season and in the series changed that. It happens, the better team losses all the time, part of the game.
    I'm having great difficulty grasping how simplistic this concept is.

It's not "salty" or "suger coating" the fact that the best team in a short series doesn't always win. There's a lot of luck involved in baseball. I mean ****...practically half of the Cards hits in that series were off of bloop doubles down the line. The exit velocities of those Cards hits would drive anyone crazy just how fortunate they were to actually fall in....but that's ****in baseball.

Cards used up their devil magic against the Braves...now they are getting curb stomped by the Nats. Of course. Damn shame..would of definitely given them a better run.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'm having great difficulty grasping how simplistic this concept is.

It's not "salty" or "suger coating" the fact that the best team in a short series doesn't always win. There's a lot of luck involved in baseball. I mean ****...practically half of the Cards hits in that series were off of bloop doubles down the line. The exit velocities of those Cards hits would drive anyone crazy just how fortunate they were to actually fall in....but that's ****in baseball.

Cards used up their devil magic against the Braves...now they are getting curb stomped by the Nats. Of course. Damn shame..would of definitely given them a better run.
    I would agree with your last sentence.But to argue that in your series ,the Cards had bloop hits down the line to bolster your argument is just plain silly. A ," better team" , in their home field, in the deciding game , does not allow the opposing team to end the series in the first inning.

Braves choking does not mean they were the better team. Being a better team in the regular season means nothing in a playoff series. The Cards outplayed us any way you look at it... there is no shame in losing to a better team, but there is a lot of shame in giving up 10 runs in one inning. We had no business winning that series and would have been curb stomped by a hot Nats team.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I would agree with your last sentence.But to argue that in your series ,the Cards had bloop hits down the line to bolster your argument is just plain silly. A ," better team" , in their home field, in the deciding game , does not allow the opposing team to end the series in the first inning.
    I think the problem is that you are mixing things up, one thing is being the best team and another is who played better in a 5 game series. The first one are the Braves, the best teams loses a 5 game series all the time, because they are outplayed. That's what happened.
    Last edited by beldugo; 10-16-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718