Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ign-chris-sale

June 21, 2010

"However, Jim Callis of Baseball America says Sale fell in the draft due to signability concerns. Strange then that Sale would sign for slot money so quickly. Sale is the highest drafted player yet to sign. The thinking of Saleís agents in agreeing to sign for slot money shortly after the Draft is that the White Sox have indicated Sale has a good chance of being promoted to the major league club before the September call-ups."

FWIW
    Last edited by Muttman73; 10-02-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    We just don't know if Kopech will have the velocity and movement on his fastball that he had prior to the TJ surgery. Just a few mph difference could determine how he is used in 2020 and beyond.

ReyLo is another issue. He can throw 97mph fastballs all day but sometimes his slider and change-up aren't working. His fastball does not always have enough movement on it to be effective, especially when he relies on it too much. That isn't going to work in the rotation or in the pen. He needs to figure it out or we will have another hole in the rotation to fill. Having said that at least ReyLo has some chance to make it whereas Fulmer appears to be a lost cause.
    Yeah Fulmer stinks. They definitely missed on that one

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    We just don't know if Kopech will have the velocity and movement on his fastball that he had prior to the TJ surgery. Just a few mph difference could determine how he is used in 2020 and beyond.

ReyLo is another issue. He can throw 97mph fastballs all day but sometimes his slider and change-up aren't working. His fastball does not always have enough movement on it to be effective, especially when he relies on it too much. That isn't going to work in the rotation or in the pen. He needs to figure it out or we will have another hole in the rotation to fill. Having said that at least ReyLo has some chance to make it whereas Fulmer appears to be a lost cause.
    It makes a lot of sense to work him back in slowly, this is a potential "franchise" player we are talking about. I would not be surprised to see him stay in Arizona a little longer and when he joins the team work out of the pen. While his future is as a starter, there is no rush.
    I'd rather have him starting games in August and September than March and April.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Especially when we already have 2 DH type players in Eloy and Abreu(assuming we resign)

Those two should get 40-50 games each at DH. And then you can give other guys like Moncada, Robert and whoever we sign the additional time there. Iím not a fan of adding another DH only player in Cruz, unless thatís all we can end up signing
    That seems pretty complicated for Renteria.

Hitting coaches are gone. I wonder when Renteria gets the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Well in my defense I think when I made that post we were. Then came Detroit.

Is it definitely protected though? Man I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isnít that just like the Sox! Win just enough meaningless games in the last week of the season, to create a reason to not go big for FA.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Hitting coaches are gone. I wonder when Renteria gets the boot.
    Yeah, thatís a good question. All indications are, he isnít going anywhere....unfortunately.

I like Kopech as a starter, if he succeeds there. The mere chance that he can be an ace is worth the chance. These guys do not come along often.

If you can have 2 bonified aces at the top of your rotation.....
    1) you have a better chance of lining one of them up in the case of a WC game.
    2) it tilts a best of 5 series in your favor, big time.

You add a solid 3-4 to your rotation and you are going to be tough to beat in October when usually dependable bats, tend to get cold.

While we are talking about affordable RF options, Avi Garcia has quietly had a very productive season in TB. 2 run shot tonight with exit velo of 115 mph. Throw him in a stacked lineup, for what he would probably cost, and I think it would be worth considering.

The guy is only 28 yrs old and I really think he was battling nagging injuries his last down year with the Sox. Again, worth considering I think.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 10-02-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Isnít that just like the Sox! Win just enough meaningless games in the last week of the season, to create a reason to not go big for FA.
    New rules this year...no more losing 1st round picks

Yeah, I know. I was kidding. But that would have been typical. Maybe they donít know about the rule change? LOL..

That would be hilarious to hear KW give as an excuse as to why we didnít land anyone this offseason.

Not that he should not have been out of there a long time ago, but if KW actually gave that excuse during an interview this offseason, it would be grounds for immediate dismissal before the cameras even got turned off.

KW gave us 2005. But man I wish he would stay out of all baseball related activities. That is unless we were needing to trade for Carl Everett or Robbie Alomar, then bring him on in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Griffey or Andruw Jones?

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast