Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Hahn indicated that Madrigal may be on the roster on Opening Day....if he proves he is capable in Spring Training.
    I'm goin' to the Opener so I selfishly hope that Madrigal will be in the line-up so I can see these guys play together from Day 1.

I hope he's there too GP, but if not at least you get to see Robert. The closest they come to me is Houston, plan on going to see them in June.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I hope he's there too GP, but if not at least you get to see Robert. The closest they come to me is Houston, plan on going to see them in June.
    Steve Stone was on the score yesterday and he mentioned that he would be pretty surprised to see Madrigal called up at all this year.

Read an article yesterday about the Sox should (not are) maybe pursue Brian Dozier on a 1-year deal and I wouldn't be opposed to that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Steve Stone was on the score yesterday and he mentioned that he would be pretty surprised to see Madrigal called up at all this year.

Read an article yesterday about the Sox should (not are) maybe pursue Brian Dozier on a 1-year deal and I wouldn't be opposed to that at all.
    I donít buy that for 1 second. What more can the guy prove in the minors? His 3 greatest assets are things that should translate, Contact, Defense, Speed. We actually need a guy in our lineup that will consistency put the call in play. You could argue that if his minors numbers translate, heíd be our best 2 hitter. He wonít bat there, but Iíd sure love a guy batting 2nd, that is a shoe in to move our lead off man over consistently.

Madrigal almost assuredly will start the season in Charlotte, or stay in Arizona for extended ST as the White Sox start in March, not sure when the AAA season starts.
    At the latest, you'd have to think that he would be up by May.
    I'd still like them to go get Dozier and another SP/RP for some insurance.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

They will for sure keep Madrigal down, probably well past the deadline so he can't file a grievance like Kris Bryant.

Still would love a guy like Zobrist. Rather have him than Dozier.

No way on Zobrist. The guy quit on his team and possibly cost them a post season appearance, if he is the asset you say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    No way on Zobrist. The guy quit on his team and possibly cost them a post season appearance, if he is the asset you say he is.
    Ridiculous. The man was going thru divorce where his wife cheated on him and they have a child. He came back and was his usual self, his teammates love him everywhere he goes.

Lots of people go through divorce every year, whatever the reason - nobody gets to stop going to work, not if they want to keep their jobs that is. Calling Zobrist a quitter is factual, he quit on his team.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Thatís unfair. His job isnít like everyone elseís. Most peopleís jobs donít require them to leave there kids for weeks at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys really think Zobrist is the only pro athlete that has gone thru a divorce during a playing season. Yet, he is the only one I can recall that had to leave the team for an extended time. And I donít mean a week, Iím talking about 5 months. Thatís the part thatís ridiculous

Zobrist is no longer a good player, but I donít blame him at all for taking time away from baseball to try saving his family. That doesnít make him a quitter. He probably should have just went home after this cancelled flight....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.c...-illinois/amp/

Jose Contreras was going through a divorce during the 2007 season and it was an absolutely horrible year for him.

Might want to consider that Zobrist wasn't abandoning his team, rather letting them know his mind would be elsewhere thus affecting his performance on the field. Happ came in and lit it up if I recall so maybe it was a better choice for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Thatís unfair. His job isnít like everyone elseís. Most peopleís jobs donít require them to leave there kids for weeks at a time.

spend any time in the military?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

FWIW Zobrist was paid $3M last year and has earned $78M in his career. He could have afforded to bring his kids along, hire a tutor - only play in home games Ö he had options.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast