Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Paul Sullivan is a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Paul Sullivan is a tool.
    I e-mailed him one time about something stupid that he wrote, his reply was not impressive, he's an idiot.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Josh Donaldson to Twins. Terms not yet released but believed to be 4 years.

AL Central suddenly not looking so weak. Top 3 teams all legitimate WC shot.

4/92 with a 5th option at 16 or $8 mil buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    4/92 with a 5th option at 16 or $8 mil buyout.
    Am I the only one who thinks this deal is only good for 1 year and the rest will be a burden?

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this deal is only good for 1 year and the rest will be a burden?
    2 years max good out of this deal. And that's best case IMO.

Twins lineup is scary good!!!!! Pitching not so good but they didnít have great pitching and still won over 100 games. Team to beat in AL Central for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    It helps a little that he is in the AL which means he can shift over to DH, but yes, second half of contract could be rough.

The Twins hit around 300HR last season. Now they add Donaldson. The Sox added Mazara, Robert, Grandal, and EE, so they are going to hit a ton of HR as well. I like HR but I am starting to wonder at what point HR become so prevalent that they actually make the game less strategic and less interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    The Twins hit around 300HR last season. Now they add Donaldson. The Sox added Mazara, Robert, Grandal, and EE, so they are going to hit a ton of HR as well. I like HR but I am starting to wonder at what point HR become so prevalent that they actually make the game less strategic and less interesting to watch.
    So bunting is better than HR's?

HR's are your friend, there is nothing wrong with them. They give your team runs and better chances to win.

You need balance in baseball to be great. I don't want a team full of HR hitters if they are batting .250 and below and striking out a ton. The Astros for instance had the least K's in baseball. Washington 4th least, Cleveland 5th, Minnesota 6th, Oakland 7th, LAD 8th. 5 out of 10 playoff teams and 1 90 win team were in the top 8 in least K's. Milwaukee was the one exception in the bottom 5 and Tampa was bottom 10.

Getting on base is also important. Minnesota was the lowest ranked in Walks at 18. The top 4 teams in BB's made the playoffs, as well as 8th, 11th, 14th, 15th.

There is too much emphasis on 1 category. That's what I really like about our teams makeup. We have real balance in our lineup. Grandal and Edwin add BB's that we lacked. We were in last place in BB's. Madrigal, Moncada, Anderson, and Robert give us 4 guys who could hit .300+! Eloy also has the upside to get there, and Abreu is a shoe in for .280+. Robert, Yoan, Anderson, and Madrigal give us some real speed. Eloy, Moncada, Grandal, Abreu, Edwin, Robert all give us upper 20's + HR power. There is so much potential in this lineup, and there isn't 1 glaring weakness. Especially if we platoon Leury and Mazara, who rake vs. LHP and RHP respectively. Good luck navigating that lineup.

Out of the top 10 teams in HR's last season 7 made the post season.

The team who won the World Series they were 13th at 231.

The league average for HR's was 226, meaning the Nats were better than average.

The year the White Sox won the World Series they were 5th in the league.

If a player is batting .250 with a plus .350 OBP and .500 slugging, I'll take that all day long.

The White Sox this season should hit 200+ home runs and that's not bad.

RUNS aren't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Out of the top 10 teams in HR's last season 7 made the post season.

The team who won the World Series they were 13th at 231.

The league average for HR's was 226, meaning the Nats were better than average.

The year the White Sox won the World Series they were 5th in the league.

If a player is batting .250 with a plus .350 OBP and .500 slugging, I'll take that all day long.

The White Sox this season should hit 200+ home runs and that's not bad.

RUNS aren't bad.
    Yeah thatís what Grandal is. Solid HR, decent average, high OBP. Problem weíve had of late is literally no one walks. Edwin and Grandal change that. I love that we have a bunch of guys capable of hitting 25+ HRs and hitting high averages.

I donít think the GP comment on HRs was meant to say that we should not be trying to get HR hitters and that HRs are not good. I think it was more of a comment on the state of the game and that they are becoming too common. There was a time that hitting a HR was somewhat special, but with the numbers that are being put up now, they are beginning to lose a bit of their luster.

I think the baseballs need to be tuned down a bit, in general.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast