Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Steve Stone has signed a contract to return to the booth.
    **** Stone!!!!!

The only thing he does is take shots at the Cubs every time Eloy goes deep or Cease pitches well!!! Funny thing tho.........Every time Tatis Jr has a great game he never mentions it..LOL!

I will take "Wimpy" over him any time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Yes, Iíd say that if there is one of our top prospects that I can accept giving up, it would be Vaughn, mainly because of the logjam we have at 1B/DH and because of the general availability of that type of player you can get via trade or free agency. Not to mention there are always more aging players that shift to those positions each year.

Iím not saying Iíd feel great about losing Vaughn, but you have to give something up to get something and he is probably the most expendable.
    Take another look at available first baseman in general. It has been slowly turning into one of the weakest positions in baseball. Having an potential all-star in Vaughn at the position is huge...especially a guy that doesnít strike out a ton. Good mix to put lineup in a few years

Sox should probably sign Ben Zobrist. Guy can still get on base and it would be a nice FU to the Cubs.

Why the hate for Steve Stone. Heís one of the least boring and monotone baseball announcers out there

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Why the hate for Steve Stone. Heís one of the least boring and monotone baseball announcers out there
    Because heís a cubs fan and Stone has no love for the cubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Sox should probably sign Ben Zobrist. Guy can still get on base and it would be a nice FU to the Cubs.
    I would love to have Zobrist. Not to stick it to the Cubs but we could use his versatility and experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks on Zobrist. Too far gone, mentally and physically.

Agreed...Iíd love to have a 35 year old Zobrist on this team, but Iím not bringing the 39 year old version of himself onboard. We already have Leury in his role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    No thanks on Zobrist. Too far gone, mentally and physically.
    He was solid last year when he came back from his divorce. I would say he's over the mental stuff from that, he took a solid amount of time off and returned without much rust.

Super versatile, bat is still good, shouldn't and doesn't need to start everyday, great teammate, and great experience to share with the young guys. The only thing is his age, but they just signed Edwin and I think there's a lot to gain from a 1 year deal with Zobrist as well.

Pass on Zobrist!

Was listening to MLB radio yesterday and they had an interview with James McCann. They asked him about what his role will be and any conversations he has had with management concerning his role. McCann really didnít answer that part of the question but not sure if intentional or not. Would have liked to have gotten his take on that.

https://www.mlb.com/news/prospect-an...-system-survey

Interesting read on MLB prospects. We are riddled with guys on these top lists.

The most surprising was Michael Kopech was voted best future Closer. Interesting to see that since heís a starter.

Vaughn snd Madrigal cane in at 2 & 3 for best hit tool.

Robert was 4th for Useable Power, got votes for Speed and Hit tool, 3rd for best hitting prospect, and got votes for Top defense.

Madrigal was top hitting tools, 3rd defensive spec, and 1st in baseball IQ.

Kopech is top future closer and 2nd best fastball.

Vaughn is getting votes in just about all hitting categories.

Just in case anyone was still wondering what kind of value Vaughn might carry. I think heís pretty well touted.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast