Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    What u guys think about Josh Hader? Would love him here. What kind of return would he net?

IF they bring in Puig I imagine it will be late in the offseason and on a short, 1 year type of deal. He seems like a bit of a basket case but the unique Cuban presence on this team should/could mitigate any bad attitude he brings with him.
    If not then they need to be in a position to just cut him loose, so again - the contract would need to reflect that.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    What u guys think about Josh Hader? Would love him here. What kind of return would he net?
    Hader is probably the best reliever in baseball, just a little overused the last 2 years. He'd cost a lot. I don't know If I'd be comfortable trading Vaughn for him and I'm sure that'll be a starting point. Vaughn is a key player for life after Abreu, and will probably be our DH by 2021.

Between Will Harris, Collin McHugh, and Daniel Hudson, who would you all prefer? I personally like Harris/McHugh/Hudson in that order.

So reports are we aren't actively involved in the RF market. Committed to Mazara in RF. Going to look to improve the BP. With how this offseason has gone, expect someone soon! We aren't messing around. I'm glad we aren't pursuing Puig or another RF'er. I think we already have a great platoon in Mazara and Leury. Mazara rakes vs. Righties, and you will have more RHP matchups then LHP. Leury rakes vs. Lefties. Signing another OF seems like a waste of resources.

There's not much left on the FA market for BP help....If they want to make a statement for 2020 and contend for the title,they need to trade for Hader, if he actually is available. They have the prospects for it.

I’m glad we are standing pat on the RF situation. Give Mazara the ABs and see how he does. There will be RF options available at the deadline if we need one. Perhaps more BP options available at that time as well

I am OK with standing pat with Mazara, but I would rather have given up some other prospect or combination of prospects to get him. I think Steele Walker might end up being better than any of our other position player prospects outside of Madrigal, Robert and Vaughn. He has a high degree of athleticism that some of the others lack and some advanced baseball skills including early recognition and good routes to fly balls and a very smooth left hand swing. .

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I am OK with standing pat with Mazara, but I would rather have given up some other prospect or combination of prospects to get him. I think Steele Walker might end up being better than any of our other position player prospects outside of Madrigal, Robert and Vaughn. He has a high degree of athleticism that some of the others lack and some advanced baseball skills including early recognition and good routes to fly balls and a very smooth left hand swing. .
    Agree with this 100%

Yeah, it would have been nice to be able to get Mazara without having to give up Walker, but the Sox obviously see something in Mazara that they felt was worth Walker, and the deal probably required Walker. Keep in mind that Mazara is way ahead of Walker on the development curve. By the end of their age 22 season, Mazara has already 2 full years in the bigs, vs Walkers high A. I think the move was more about money and control. Mazara is a FA in 2 years and the cloc has not yet begun with Walker. Hopefully this isn’t another Tatis deal.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 12-29-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Regardless, with the Mazara/Walker deal a done deal, I am good with the Sox going with Mazara and not another RF option, until we see what Mazara can do. Will only be 25 yrs old this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Regardless, with the Mazara/Walker deal a done deal, I am good with the Sox going with Mazara and not another RF option, until we see what Mazara can do. Will only be 25 yrs old this upcoming season.
    That sounds like the plan. Plus why pay a platoon when Leury hits Lefties well. We already have a platoon and it’s not like Leury doesn’t deserve playing time. If we actually keep Robert down A few weeks for service time, than Leury could play CF to start the year and shift to our backup OF when Robert gets the call. I see Robert out of the gate though

2019 Offseason Discussion Thread

Who says no? Whitesox trade R. Lopez, D. Cease, Dunning, Madrigal or Vaughn to Bos for Betts and Price

Of course it’ll depend upon an extension with Betts but imagine that lineup with Betts in it going forward. I believe we’d be contenders right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fanatic; 12-30-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Who says no? Whitesox trade R. Lopez, D. Cease, Dunning, Madrigal or Vaughn to Bos for Betts and Price

Of course it’ll depend upon an extension with Betts but imagine that lineup with Betts in it going forward. I believe we’d be contenders right away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why the heck would we ever do that?

At best I'd give them Vaughn, Lopez and Dunning for those two (extension signed by Betts) and a shitload of cash to pay Price. This will never happen.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast