Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    The Cubs are so stingy with Schwarber. His value is maxed out as a great DH. In the NL his value drops significantly. I always thought he'd be a great fit as our DH, but the Cubs treat him like he's an elite 5 tool player. Would I take him? Yeah. Would I trade a kings ransom for him? No. Would I trade Rodon for him? Yeah. Would they trade him for Rodon? I highly doubt it.

As for pitching. We can't go into next season with what we had last year. With that being said though, I don't think 2 SP's is a must. Reason being is Giolito/Kopech/Cease/Lopez are all but guaranteed rotation spots. That's a lot of right handed power arms. We also have potential late season additions in Rodon and Dunning. I think we need to push hard for Keuchel. He's a finesse, lefty, veteran arm that makes a lot of sense. Don't think he carries a big injury risk either. He shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Maybe just one or the other lol.

I think the White Sox should go for broke with Keuchel. Not in a sense that we overpay him, but we shouldn't let ourselves be outbid. Our payroll is pretty low. He would probably get 3/4 years. He shouldn't get what MadBum got, because he's no where near as good. Over the next few years, we don't have to worry about extending the vast majority of our core.

Abreu 2023
    Grandal 2024
    Moncada 2024
    Anderson 2025
    Eloy 2027
    Giolito 2024
    Cease 2025
    Kopech 2025
    Madrigal, Robert, Dunning's Clocks haven't begun.

We shouldn't have any issue adding a veteran pitcher for 3/4 years. By the time their contract runs it's course, their career will be winding down, and we probably wouldn't look to keep them around for anything more than a bargain 1 year deal. We only have 1 field position that isn't locked in for the foreseeable future, RF. We can take DH 1 year at a time, while also giving Collins a shot at it. If he could bring his recent AAA success to the ML level, that would be a huge plus in our lineup. We also have Abreu, McCann, Grandal, Mazara who can all fill in at DH for now. We already have a versatile utility player in Leury Garcia. We could find backup role players for pennies on the dollar once the FA market drys up.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Haha, exactly what I was thinking!!! But in response to that, I don’t see either team making the move. Cubs don’t look like a team willing to take on an injured pitcher for a starting position player, and I don’t think to Sox plan to add another offensive player that deserves 500+ at bats.
    Rodon becomes redundant in a couple of different scenarios this offseason. To me, he seems more like a Cubs kind of guy than a White Sox one. Schwarber seems to be a guy the Cubs are willing to move and the Sox still have a hole at DH.
    I know that Bainsey runs his mouth non stop - which is why I blocked him about a year ago - I see that hasn't changed. It was my assumption that throwing ideas out for discussion was what a forum was about, you have a different idea?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The Cubs are so stingy with Schwarber. His value is maxed out as a great DH. In the NL his value drops significantly. I always thought he'd be a great fit as our DH, but the Cubs treat him like he's an elite 5 tool player. Would I take him? Yeah. Would I trade a kings ransom for him? No. Would I trade Rodon for him? Yeah. Would they trade him for Rodon? I highly doubt it.

As for pitching. We can't go into next season with what we had last year. With that being said though, I don't think 2 SP's is a must. Reason being is Giolito/Kopech/Cease/Lopez are all but guaranteed rotation spots. That's a lot of right handed power arms. We also have potential late season additions in Rodon and Dunning. I think we need to push hard for Keuchel. He's a finesse, lefty, veteran arm that makes a lot of sense. Don't think he carries a big injury risk either. He shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Maybe just one or the other lol.
    That is it exactly, he belongs in the AL. With Giolito/Kopech/Cease/maybe Kuechel/maybe Gio /maybe Lopez maybe Nova etc...Dunning/Lambert et al … Rodon (a Boras client) ought to be considered trade bait IMO. Obviously the SOX have to actually sign a couple of guys before they make this deal but IMO it's something they ought to consider.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Rodon becomes redundant in a couple of different scenarios this offseason. To me, he seems more like a Cubs kind of guy than a White Sox one. Schwarber seems to be a guy the Cubs are willing to move and the Sox still have a hole at DH.
    I know that Bainsey runs his mouth non stop - which is why I blocked him about a year ago - I see that hasn't changed. It was my assumption that throwing ideas out for discussion was what a forum was about, you have a different idea?
    LOL...........Yes it is for ideas....But you have the market cornered on "stupid" ideas!!!! Do you have any idea how hard it is to move an injured pitcher? Let alone one with TJ..........Just unbelievable!!!

^ I'm sure you were both witty and hilarious!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I posted this earlier - If the White Sox do not sign Kuechel a whole lot of people are going to be pissed off and or disappointed. It just makes too much sense. It also means that they must feel pretty damn confident that they are going to be able to make a deal for a pitcher (s) with someone. I'm not a big fan of the David Price idea -UNLESS- Boston throws in a young, useful player and a lot - $35-$40-$45M ( I don't know if there is a limit) of money or if Boston is willing to do that. If the White Sox make the deal otherwise, not good.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that the White Sox still had a hole at DH or RF (take your pick) depending on what Nomar Mazara turns out to be. Yeah, Collins/McCann/Abreu/Grandal can all rotate through but if they are thinking that why are they talking to Encarnation who is strictly a DH? To me there are THREE positions still needed to be addressed, SP1/SP2 and OF/DH.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    No, this is what this is all about...it was just funny how you were ranting about SP, but then you threw out the idea to trade one for Schwarber? Even though Rodon isn’t even someone we should be counting on, it just seemed odd!!!

No hate here man...Go SOX

Rodon may become redundant, but he isn’t yet and probably won’t be until well into the 2020 season. There are so many question marks with our rotation, that if everything falls into place and we sign 2 SPs and end up with 6 or even 7 (viable) starting pitchers come mid-season, you won’t hear me complaining. They can always be used as trade bait at that time and would be a “great” problem to have.

Until then, we need pitching and more pitching.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 12-17-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Hypothetically, If David Price were a free agent today, what would you guys be willing to sign him for, to come to the Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Hypothetically, If David Price were a free agent today, what would you guys be willing to sign him for, to come to the Sox?
    I wouldn't sign him at all............I would take him off the Red Sox's hands now if they throw in a really high end prospect. If push came to show, i would sign him for one year deal only.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post

Lol on this. Cubs don't pretend he's a 5 tool player. Guy is just getting close enough in LF to be average. His saving grace defensively is he has a great arm.

Cubs are hung up on him because despite his solid power numbers, he still isn't close to what his potential offensively could be. Great eye, quick bat, huge power, just hasn't put it all together consistently yet.

If the Sox could get him for Rodon, that would be a huge win.

Keuchel would be nice, but I don't think it's realistic for the Sox. He isn't as good as the money he will get. You're talking finesse, get ****ing Gio. Lefty, finesse, not much injury risk, and would be cheaper than Keuchel. Then go out and get Julio Teheran. If that guy ever puts it together fully, huge steal. If not, he's still a solid 3-5.

Report says that Red Sox want Vaughn and Madrigal from Sox for Price and Benintendi with minimal salary relief.

I say make Boston choke on the rest of that Price contract and hang up the phone immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Lol on this. Cubs don't pretend he's a 5 tool player. Guy is just getting close enough in LF to be average. His saving grace defensively is he has a great arm.

Cubs are hung up on him because despite his solid power numbers, he still isn't close to what his potential offensively could be. Great eye, quick bat, huge power, just hasn't put it all together consistently yet.

If the Sox could get him for Rodon, that would be a huge win.

Keuchel would be nice, but I don't think it's realistic for the Sox. He isn't as good as the money he will get. You're talking finesse, get ****ing Gio. Lefty, finesse, not much injury risk, and would be cheaper than Keuchel. Then go out and get Julio Teheran. If that guy ever puts it together fully, huge steal. If not, he's still a solid 3-5.
    I’m not saying they actually think he’s 5 tool, but you’d think so with him seemingly being off the table in trades the past few years. They definitely should have traded him rather than pretending he can be an every day outfielder in the NL. He’s a DH through and through. Of course I’d trade Rodon for him, but I don’t think they’d take that. Hasn’t seemed like they’ve had any interest in trading him for whatever reason, cuz if they did, they could have and should have a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Report says that Red Sox want Vaughn and Madrigal from Sox for Price and Benintendi with minimal salary relief.

I say make Boston choke on the rest of that Price contract and hang up the phone immediately.
    Lmfao if they think they are getting that and not even eating that entire **** salary! I’d be furious if we are even considering this.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast