Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Yeah, Iím worried about Sale too, but think everyone is, so you can get Boston to eat more of that contract or get them to add prospects back...maybe move to a 6 man rotation and give lots of guys some time off throughout the year. We all know guys like Cease and Kopech will already be restricted, as well as rodon later.

Itís all medical with him, but maybe a year of rest and not as many innings can lead him back to his old self. Risky for sure, but his deal looks like a discount compared to these other guys...if healthy, and thatís a BIG if.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yeah, Iím worried about Sale too, but think everyone is, so you can get Boston to eat more of that contract or get them to add prospects back...maybe move to a 6 man rotation and give lots of guys some time off throughout the year. We all know guys like Cease and Kopech will already be restricted, as well as rodon later.

Itís all medical with him, but maybe a year of rest and not as many innings can lead him back to his old self. Risky for sure, but his deal looks like a discount compared to these other guys...if healthy, and thatís a BIG if.
    People have been saying even before the White Sox traded Sale that his arm was guna fall off. Hasn't happened. If the cost is so low now that you could get him for maybe 1 top 5-10 prospect and 2 grabbags, that'd be a huge win.

Add Gio and maybe Teheran and run a 6 man rotation if you want. Deal one of them at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post

Im a huge Sale fan, but I wouldn't touch him now with that contract....I'd take Price cause its 3 years or JD...............

Reading what Hahn said about having a couple of "intriguing" offers" but would have cost some top prospects and he and Kenny decided over dinner not to go down that road. I am fine with that, but then you need to sign some FA pitchers like yesterday!!!
    IMO the only untouchables are Robert and Kopech!

Bainsy, i here ya..but Sales next 5 years besides the deferred money is the same cost as Prices for 3 years. I honestly donít see us picking up either, but I would be fine if they did at a lowered cost and didnít give up anything worth a dang. It would be a straight salary dump, as neither of these guys with their injury history warrant their remaining deals.

I honestly wonder if giving either guy a lighter workload could be beneficial? Skip a start every month, keep them at 5-6 IP with an eye on the bigger prize of postseason IP

Sale I think burned his bridges in Chicago. Price is a clubhouse lawyer from what I have read, however in the right deal ($$$ + players) from Boston with minimal return I'd make the deal, $30-40M at least has to come back.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Sale I think burned his bridges in Chicago. Price is a clubhouse lawyer from what I have read, however in the right deal ($$$ + players) from Boston with minimal return I'd make the deal, $30-40M at least has to come back.
    So you are saying that if Price was a free agent today, youíd sign him to a 3 yr/ 60 mil deal?

And thatís assuming the other players involved is a net wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    So you are saying that if Price was a free agent today, youíd sign him to a 3 yr/ 60 mil deal?

And thatís assuming the other players involved is a net wash.
    That's not what I said (+ players) and ($30-40M) i.e. Andrew Benintendi the most rumored player would work. If and only if he or someone (s) equivalent was offered. If not, then spend the money on Kuechel.
    Price had a bad year, but even then he was better than 4/5 of the guys we trotted out to the mound on a regular basis.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

It doesnít sound like Boston is interested in adding players to the deal. Iíd spend the money elsewhere. Way too many red flags with Price. Keuchel seems like he would have less of a transition of learning how to pitch with decreasing velocity. Heíd be my choice and letís hope he turns into more Buehrle than Danks.

Tsutsugo 2/12 ? Hmmm!

Brett Anderson ...... 31 starts -3.89 era, signs for 1 yr /5 mil

I would think we should have been in on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Brett Anderson ...... 31 starts -3.89 era, signs for 1 yr /5 mil

I would think we should have been in on that.
    Every 5 years he completes a season. Guy is always hurt or he would have had interest.

1 yr / 5 mil, even if you get 1/2 season out of him until Rodon comes back is probably worth it.

Bumgarner to AZ for 5/85. Pretty low from what I thought. Iíd be comfortable giving him the same money over 4 years.

This could be a blessing. MadBum getting that sets up Keuchel for less. If we can get a great deal for a solid veteran, we will have all kinds of flexibility to fill all our holes

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast