Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I know what you are saying but given the choice, I would probably overpay if I could get Castellanos. A much better fit and a more stable presence in the dugout.
    5/100 is what was once anticipated. Not sure what overpaying would be though so I may be talking out my @zz.
    I'm 100% with you on this. I wouldn't pay him that, but simply Castellanos or Puig is a no brainer. If you have even remotely followed Puig, you know he is worthless. Talent, sure. But he trys when he feels like it, is a good teammate when he wants. You would have thought his ups and downs would have evened out by now, but he's still a douche. Wouldn't want that guy anywhere near a young team.

As a Cubs fan, I'm back and forth on Castellanos. If the last 2 years are what he is, 5/100 would be a solid deal for him at 27 for both the Sox and him.

I think we should make a trade with Boston to get Price and Benintendi.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    I think we should make a trade with Boston to get Price and Benintendi.
    Maybe if they ate half his 32 million per and didnít ask for anyone sniffing our top 10 specs

Price isnít good these days

I fully believe we will not sign a starting pitcher worth a damn this offseason. Now that Cole is gone and teams like the Angels and Dodgers missed out, weíre not outbidding them

Outbidding those teams was always the threat. Most of those teams sat out last offseason and are now active again this offseason. That is why people who thought the Sox had any chance of signing Cole was a pipe dream. I wish we would have made a stronger push for Keuchel earlier in the offseason, before all these bigger names started to fall. He seems the lowest risk for the money, as he can always slide down to a 3/4 role with us, if our other prospects fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Outbidding those teams was always the threat. Most of those teams sat out last offseason and are now active again this offseason. That is why people who thought the Sox had any chance of signing Cole was a pipe dream. I wish we would have made a stronger push for Keuchel earlier in the offseason, before all these bigger names started to fall. He seems the lowest risk for the money, as he can always slide down to a 3/4 role with us, if our other prospects fall into place.
    I think we are very much in the running for Keuchel. The one we will most likely miss on is MadBum which if we can get a solid price on only 3-4 years for Keuchel, Iím cool with that

Kind of think they'll end up with a guy like Gio Gonzalez. Really like him as a productive more under the radar starter. Isn't much of a drop off from Kuechel IMO and would cost a shitload less on a shorter deal.

Don't mind Julio Teheran as a guy who's floor is solid, but still has a lot of upside.

Just don't think they'll be dropping hugeee money on a single pitcher this year. Next year makes more sense for spending with the way the big players are going to be spending this year.

Should try to trade for Chris Sale. He's one of 8000 names thrown out there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some times it makes sense, but I just hate the idea of bailing these overspending teams out of these terrible contracts once they are on the back end. Part of me wants to see them have to go through to term on those.

The more I think about it the more Iím okay with the Sox not overspending this off-season. This was never meant to be the Sox season. Madrigal and Robert are still too green for a real run. Iíd still love for that to get one of ryu, Madbum or Kuechel. Iím not totally sure theyíre at their best when the window is completely open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I know some times it makes sense, but I just hate the idea of bailing these overspending teams out of these terrible contracts once they are on the back end. Part of me wants to see them have to go through to term on those.
    If they come with a nice sweetner, and aren't longer than 3 years, I wouldn't mind taking a bad contract. As long as it wouldn't cost us any of our high potential specs.

Iíd entertain a return of Sale...his contract isnít that bad with the money deferred. Maybe you can get him with Boston still paying all that deferred money. Heís 5/95 without that. I wouldnít give away a top prospect though.

I worry about Saleís arm. That thing seems like it is ready to go....... in a bad way!

I'd take price but ONLY with another player and at least $30 million to offset the cost. In return they can have Dylan Covey and Carson Fulmer.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast