Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Iíd love to see Maddon take over.
    Sooo you want to see Eloy catch and leadoff with Madden at the helm.

I liked the Madden from Tampa....This version especially after they won the WS, not so much.....He thought he could play anyone anywhere at any time. And I do NOT like how he handles pitchers.....

Anyway I wouldn't worry Madden is going to Anaheim and taking Cole with him....

Iím pretty sure most 1st round picks are now protected. I think it depends on your revenue sharing status.

I donít think we are at risk of losing pick #11 regardless of our offseason.
    You are correct Sir!!!

The #11 pick is unprotected, only the top 10 picks are protected.

As for next year this is what I want to see......

C-McCann/Collins
    1B-Abreu
    2B-Madrigal
    SS-Anderson
    3B-Rendon/Moncada
    LF-Jimenez
    CF-Robert
    RF-Castellanos or Puig
    DH a rotation of Abreu/Jimenez/Moncada/Rendon
    SPís Cole, Kopech, Cease, Giolito, Lopez, Rodon

Iím pretty sure most 1st round picks are now protected. I think it depends on your revenue sharing status.

I donít think we are at risk of losing pick #11 regardless of our offseason.
    I did a little research and it looks like the rules were changed in 2017. That makes me happy.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    The #11 pick is unprotected, only the top 10 picks are protected.
    I believe they changed to Lux tax and revenue sharing...or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I believe they changed to Lux tax and revenue sharing...or something like that.
    If your team exceeded the luxury tax last season, it will forfeit its second- and fifth-highest picks and will have its international bonus money pool reduced by $1 million; an additional qualified free agent will cost the team its third- and sixth-highest picks. In other words: All first-round picks are now protected, and the highest pick a team can lose is from the compensatory sandwich round immediately following the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Sooo you want to see Eloy catch and leadoff with Madden at the helm.
    The cubs had no lead off hitter, who should he have used? Doesnít have that issue with the sox between Moncada, Andersen, Leury, Madrigal....

Overall, I just donít think the cubs team had the balance Joe was accustomed to, all they have is Power

The cubs had no lead off hitter, who should he have used? Doesnít have that issue with the sox between Moncada, Andersen, Leury, Madrigal....

Overall, I just donít think the cubs team had the balance Joe was accustomed to, all they have is Power
    Paul Popovich!!!!!

Good ol number 22............I think!

I think Madden is bit overrated....He's act wears out pretty quickly on a team.

I wonder if Kopech would consider coming up as a bullpen pitcher next year and seeing how that goes for a while. If he is lights out for an inning or two at 100 mph, he could become an elite Closer. If he can stretch that out for several innings, maintain velocity and spin on pitches, then he could easily slot into the starting rotation.
    I looked at Kopech as a Closer from the beginning....he reminds me of Goose Gossage, a guy who mainly threw heat for most of his 20+ years in the major leagues. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1050_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I wonder if Kopech would consider coming up as a bullpen pitcher next year and seeing how that goes for a while. If he is lights out for an inning or two at 100 mph, he could become an elite Closer. If he can stretch that out for several innings, maintain velocity and spin on pitches, then he could easily slot into the starting rotation.
    I looked at Kopech as a Closer from the beginning....he reminds me of Goose Gossage, a guy who mainly threw heat for most of his 20+ years in the major leagues. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1050_.jpg
    I brought this up as well. I know most in here didn't like the idea, but mainly because they want Kopech to be the next Sale. For me, I'd be more than happy with Kopech being the next Right Handed Josh Hader. We've seen the Brewers go to the playoffs now 2 straight years with a mediocre pitching staff, that was glued together by Hader coming in for 2 innings at a time on many nights to close the door on teams.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast