Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    If we offered 5/120 for Wheeler, how much more would Cole cost? Wouldnít the certainty that Cole offers be worth the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    If we offered 5/120 for Wheeler, how much more would Cole cost? Wouldnít the certainty that Cole offers be worth the difference?
    IMO, if Wheeler is worth 5/120 then Cole is easily worth 7/210 at a minimum.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Hamels already signed at 1/18. If I'm the Sox, I'd pay 20 mil on a 1 year for that type of veteran player. I'd be happy if the Sox gave him a 2 year 40 million deal to get it done. I wanted the Cubs to resign him, wish he would have stayed somewhere in Chicago.

EDIT_________ Thought you were talking about a different Cole. I don't think Gerritt Cole is in the Sox price range and would assume he would go to a giant market and spending team like the Yankees. I don't really think that long term money is in the Sox realm of rebuild.
    Last edited by ds637; 12-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.

I know that Wheeler is saying the right things, like his wife is from the New Jersey area, but I am left wondering if there is more to it.

How much does future available payroll, spending history and a proven manager play into this? You canít shake a reputation overnight.

If i am a free agent, those things would definitely play into my decision making process. Not to mention the off field drama that seems to cloud the White Sox franchise over and over again.

I know that Wheeler is saying the right things, like his wife is from the New Jersey area, but I am left wondering if there is more to it.

How much does future available payroll, spending history and a proven manager play into this? You canít shake a reputation overnight.

If i am a free agent, those things would definitely play into my decision making process. Not to mention the off field drama that seems to cloud the White Sox franchise over and over again.
    Ehh I'm gonna believe him on this one. Everyone and their mother is hyping up the White Sox right now. I don't think we carry enough baggage to turn off FA's. Grandal was a pretty big signing in it's own right. I'm ok with missing out on Wheeler here. He made a premium off 2 good but not great seasons. A career 1.29 WHIP, and an arm surrounded by uncertainty...

Go hard after MadBum all day. Only slightly older, granted more miles on his arm. He carries a career WHIP of 1.11, has great control, is a lefty in our predominantly righty rotation, and is arguably the greatest October pitcher of all time. Sign him up. Send him 4 years 100!

Now I know everyone on here can read...except one person...I never said I wanted Wheeler, I always said I had three guys i wanted. Got one and Bumgarner and Castelleonos were the other two....Apparently reading is an art!!!!

7. 12-04-2019, 09:28 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

I give them kudos for outbidding everyone on Wheeler...but Im happy we didn't get him! Next time i will type in bold for a certain dumbass!

I still say we will get a pitcher by trade.....

Read on mlbtr we're not even in on madbum. Hoping it's hm just that we're flying under the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under the radar is the only way we seem to be able to fly. If we hear about it, itís over.

I wanted Wheeler, but he wanted Philly so what can you do? I have made this point a few times over the years, always to be told that I am wrong Ö sometimes it's not just all about the money. He took less, granted just a few million less, but he chose family/location over $$.
    After seeing that picture of him and his wife, I get it.

I don't know what the Sox plan is, or their next move Ö but I feel confident that they had a back-up plan.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Read on mlbtr we're not even in on madbum. Hoping it's hm just that we're flying under the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've seen it both ways, most recently that the Sox and Twins were after him. He'd be a great fit IMO, but he wants to stay in SF supposedly.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I've seen it both ways, most recently that the Sox and Twins were after him. He'd be a great fit IMO, but he wants to stay in SF supposedly.
    I donít think they want to pay him

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I donít think they want to pay him
    Maybe not, but they have to get somebody and there are not a lot of options. They absolutely cannot go into 2020 without adding at least 1 respectable frontline pitcher.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Curious if you guys think this is the Sox first contend year or if it is next year.

Got a couple players I like as either this is the content year or to trade and be prepped for next year as a true contention year.

Rick Porcello - Think if you can get him recovered to anywhere near his peak he would be a massive deadline trade guy or someone to actually be on the team. Would think a 1-2 year deal would be no lose. Solid inning eater without much arm injury risk and if he pitchers anywhere near his potential keeper or decent trade haul.

Felix Hernendez - I know. He's been pretty bad for years. I think the Sox structure with a leader like Abreu would be great for him. I'm convinced he has basically been a lazy **** like Miguel Cabrera and neglected his own talent. He's too young to drop this fast. His starter days may be done, but if you can rebuild him on a minimum deal as a reliever this could be a huge value.

Ben Zobrist - Wouldn't be an impact signing by any stretch. I think they need to add a guy like him. 200ish plate appearances and he should still be above average. Mainly think they need to add a champ like him to the locker room to make the end goal more serious to the young guys.

Castellanos - Pipe dream IMO but would be amazing. Plenty of prime years, isn't going to destroy the bank, maybe just pee on it.

Kipnis - depending on price, feel like you could rehab him and use as trade bait or a major bench piece. Don't think he ever came back properly from injury so an initial bench role might get him back.

Andrew Cashner - He's due for a pen role. His arm can't handle starting and he has great stuff. Perfect age to get him in the pen for a few great years.

Addison Russell - Dumbass, but solid + war player. Give him a year as a backup and let people forget his past, maybe he grows up. He's so young, still great potential, don't think it's fair to judge him for the rest of his life based on an early 20's kid being a ****ing *******. He just doesn't seem like a permanent bad guy, I think he can rebuild his character.

Greg Bird - Minimal money. This is basically if you think the Sox might move Abreu before his deal is over. I love Abreu. If Bird could stay healthy enough to DH, he might help you save money on Abreu and get a decent prospect.

Puig - I can't stand him. I think he would be good piece to sign cheap, let him go out an prove himself early and dump him on someone.

Avisail Garcia - Great bring back target if he's cheap. Would be a nice 4th outfielder.

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast