Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I donít mind the idea of a trade (benintendi) or a starting pitcher as long as it is really part of a salary dump that will not cost us a lot of prospect capital. Supposedly, Boston is really motivated to shave payroll, and it sounds like the Cubs might be as well.
    Price or Eovaldi would be our way to get ahold of Benitendi for a discounted price.

Price has 3/96 remaining. Eovaldi has 3/51. I'm not really interested in adding either to our rotation since Eovaldi sucked pretty bad last year aga Price isn't giving me much confidence in his health now at 34, even if coming along with some cash.

I'd hate to give up anything for JDM too given his age and limitations in the fiels. Plus he could easily hit FA next year with a semi decent year.

IF the RedSox would eat half of EOV's remaining Contract, maybe a trade for Bennitendi iwould be worth considering, no?

You gotta figure Boston would rather that JDM did not exercise his option. Maybe that is the salary dump that would not cost us much at all in the way of prospects.. especially considering he is a FA in 1 year. Maybe there is a way to tie Benintendi into the deal and kill 2 birds at once. Then we could just concentrate on pitching.

It would be interesting to make a list of all the free agents the Sox are legitimately rumored to be ďin onĒ, and then see who they actually end up signing.

Also what the players that got away actually end up signing for.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    IF the RedSox would eat half of EOV's remaining Contract, maybe a trade for Bennitendi iwould be worth considering, no?
    I wouldn't want Eovaldi in our rotation and I don't know if JR is willing to throw 25 million at a guy not to play just to get Benitendi.

JDM did throw a big wrench into their plans and it would absolutely suck for them to have to deal Betts because JDM opted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    It would be interesting to make a list of all the free agents the Sox are legitimately rumored to be ďin onĒ, and then see who they actually end up signing.

Also what the players that got away actually end up signing for.
    Interested in Cole. Bring back Edwin Jackson for 1 yr/8 million
    Interested in Rendon. Sign Melky Cabrera 2 years/18 million

[QUOTE=Pierzynski4Prez;33245740]Interested in Cole. Bring back Edwin Jackson for 1 yr/8 million
    Interested in Rendon. Sign Melky Cabrera 2 years/18 million[/
    Ugh... I get a bad feeling!

Interesting things surfacing about sign stealing in MLB right now. I think it is more than just an isolated case. That Giolito start at Wrigley has me wondering as well. They knew what was coming. Unless Gio suddenly started tipping his pitches that start, I think there may be more to it. If I recall correctly, the Cubsí home/away splits were pretty substantial at the time as well.

Isn't today the day for Abreu to sign or reject the Qualifying Offer?
    Anyone know what time?

Yes, its that boring - any news would be exciting.

4 PM CST today, so in about 2 hours.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 11-14-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Wonder what kind of money Shogo Ayikama is looking for.

Josť Abreu took the QO. 1 more year on the south side at least. God Bless him for being the biggest bargain in White Sox history. Dude deserved to get paid long term, but he really wants to see where this rebuild is going.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Josť Abreu took the QO. 1 more year on the south side at least. God Bless him for being the biggest bargain in White Sox history. Dude deserved to get paid long term, but he really wants to see where this rebuild is going.
    Thinking this was really the best option for us, although I definitely wouldn't have minded if it was a 2-3 year deal. The AAV might be a little higher but we got a year to reevaluate and if Vaughn balls next year we're not locked in at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can still negotiate a longer deal. The QO buys them more time to hash out a deal if they want to. I think that may be the case here. I could see a 3 year deal in the $45 mil range, absorbing the $17.8 mil into the 3 years.

Based on some of the comments, it looks like we offered 2-3 year deals that were pretty far off from what Abreu wanted...Iím guessing we offered like 2/28 or 3/39. Honestly, if this wasnít Abreu and how important his presence has been the past few years, Iíd be fine with the front office not budging, but Iím really hoping they come to terms to lock him in for 3 years.

They should give a 2 year deal, with a 3rd year club option (with maybe a higher buyout).

Something like 2/32, club deal to take it up to 3/45 with 3 mil buyout. So at minimum he's 2/35 or 3/45.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast