Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I think there are a couple ways to look at this. 1, they can compensate Abreu for what he has done for the organization, or 2, they can just give him what they think he will earn in the next 2-3 years. While you want to make good on what Abreu has done, you can’t always make good on your end and lose on the bad deals you’ve made. You win some and lose some. The Sox definitely won on the Abreu signing to this point.

That being said, I think they can also look at the offensive metrics that Abreu has put up over the last 3-4 years with a grain of salt. Abreu spent a majority of his career with the Sox with virtually no protection in the lineup. That is a concept that has yet to have a metric attached to it. You throw Abreu in the middle of the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros or National’s lineups over the last 4 years and who knows what numbers we’d be looking at for Abreu. Now that the Sox are starting to look more like one of those lineups, I think Abreu’s numbers are going to reflect that.

Yeah, I agree with all of that...I just think with the money we have been saving over the past few years putting out a bad product, we can spend an extra $10 million on Abreu to reward him. As you mentioned, maybe he improves offensively with more talent around him

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with all of that...I just think with the money we have been saving over the past few years putting out a bad product, we can spend an extra $10 million on Abreu to reward him. As you mentioned, maybe he improves offensively with more talent around him
    If a player ever deserved to get a little more money, it’s Abreu. We got him for pennies compared to the consistent production.

Omar Visquel has been let go from the White Sox organization. Apparently the Sox don’t see him as the answer moving forward.
    Would love to see AJ Pierzynski groomed for the managerial job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Thinking something like this as my mock offseason.

Tender
    • Alex Colomé, $10.3 million
    • James McCann, $4.9 million
    • Carlos Rodón, $4.5 million
    • Leury García, $4 million
    • Evan Marshall, $1.3 million
    • Yolmer Sánchez, $6.2 million

Resign:
    José Abreu: 3 years/45 million

Free Agency (players who I think we realistically have a chance, i.e. no Cole/Rendon/Strasburg)
    • Nick Castellanos: 4 years/60 million
    • Yasmani Grandal: 4 years/64 million
    • Jake Odorizzi: 4 years/70 million
    • Drew Pomeranz: 3 years/20 million

Lineup
    1. Robert (CF)
    2. Anderson (SS)
    3. Moncada (3B)
    4. Abreu (1B)
    5. Jimenez (LF)
    6. Castellanos (RF)
    7. Grandal (C)
    8. Collins (DH)
    9. Madrigal (2B)

Bench
    L. Garcia
    McCann
    Engel
    Yolmer

Rotation:
    1. Giolito
    2. Odorizzi
    3. Kopech
    4. Cease
    5. Lopez

Bullpen
    Colome
    Pomeranz
    Marshall
    Bummer
    Herrera
    Fry
    Cordero
    Fulmer/Covey

When Rodon returns, he would likely head to the pen or replace any of Cease/Lopez/Kopech if any of those 3 are struggling.

Payroll is about 125 million, which is about 5-10 more than I assume we can spend. But we can potentially have some of the FA contracts come in lower than the average in year 1. 2021 we have Yolmer/Rodon/Herrera off the books to help with some of the increases.

Hopefully 84-90 wins.
    I’m on board with all of the above, but below is my mock.

Tender all the above besides Yolmer.
    Trade for Jackie Bradley Jr for peanuts as they are looking to cut payroll or maybe offer them Yolmer.
    Sign Strasburg 5/170 or Wheeler for 5/100. I really think Boras is going to use the Sox to build up some of these guys markets, but at end of day we land 1 big guy.
    Sign Grandal 4/64
    Sign Pomeranz 3/20

Sign Mookie Betts for whatever it takes in 2021 moving Eloy to DH 75% of games. I imagine Kenny Williams will fall in love and not let him leave Chicago. He will be the highest paid player in baseball next year.

2019 Offseason Discussion Thread

Grandal to the Sox!! Four years 73 million. Great start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Awesome!!!

That’s a statement this early. Now all the top dogs will know we are going for it!!! Love it

Stras is next!!!

I don’t except Stras or Cole, but if we were able to land Wheeler or Bumgarner on a 4 year deal I’d be pretty ****ing happy so far with the team going into 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One down two to go, of my wish list...............

I agree.....Cole no for sure and Stras will be WAY overpaid,IMO.

I always been intrigued by Puig ,he's got talent ,more then most. Just hasn't translated to a consistent performance. I would not be totally upset (pending money and years) if they sign him for RF. Tho Nick C is my original choice, but he might be too expensive.

I think this sends a message that the White Sox are serious this year. I have a good feeling that there is more to come.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast