Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    No Griffey or Andruw Jones?
    Those two, or maybe Manny Ramirez. Really anyone who's 2+ years passed being washed up. I'm sure he'll be trying to convince CC not to retire this offseason for 1 more run.

Good article on JD to the Sox. I'm all for it but money needs to be allocated towards pitching help first. I can't see too many teams in on JD like this writer mentions.

4/92 I bet would get it done. 3 years would be nice but likely would require a much higher AAV. 3/81 would be lovely granted we've already obtained a quality SP.

Why I don't like bringing in JD is I think that could hurt us in negotiations with Abreu forcing us to pay him more than we anticipate. Also the logjam now at DH and not really solving RF.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red...ency-white-sox

Well looks like Cruz is back to Minny. They are using the team option to retain. Why would Martinez signing hurt our negotiations with Abreu? If anything wouldnít it help? The Sox could simply say they have his replacement.

Iím not saying I want this to happen, I just donít see how it hurts us. To me, the sox canít play this waiting game like they did last year on guys. Need to approach multiple guys and move quickly as we have money to land atleast 2-3 top 20 free agents.

Glad LA Dogers lost....At the deadline they had a chance to get Colome from us, but wouldn't give up what the Sox wanted!!!
    Now the Twinkies should stop winning our division ...cause they just can't beat the Yankees!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Good article on JD to the Sox. I'm all for it but money needs to be allocated towards pitching help first. I can't see too many teams in on JD like this writer mentions.

4/92 I bet would get it done. 3 years would be nice but likely would require a much higher AAV. 3/81 would be lovely granted we've already obtained a quality SP.

Why I don't like bringing in JD is I think that could hurt us in negotiations with Abreu forcing us to pay him more than we anticipate. Also the logjam now at DH and not really solving RF.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red...ency-white-sox
    where does Vaughn fit in if this happens Ö I know, he's not ready, and maybe he never will be but - if we sign Martinez he is effectively blocked for those years.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Phillies fire Kapler..............That's 8 managerial openings in the Majors. And yet Renteria has a job. I guess they really want to win. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Well looks like Cruz is back to Minny. They are using the team option to retain. Why would Martinez signing hurt our negotiations with Abreu? If anything wouldnít it help? The Sox could simply say they have his replacement.

Iím not saying I want this to happen, I just donít see how it hurts us. To me, the sox canít play this waiting game like they did last year on guys. Need to approach multiple guys and move quickly as we have money to land atleast 2-3 top 20 free agents.
    I was thinking just in the case that JD's price could set the market for Abreu and we end up paying more than we need to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    where does Vaughn fit in if this happens Ö I know, he's not ready, and maybe he never will be but - if we sign Martinez he is effectively blocked for those years.
    I'd imagine Vaughn wouldn't be in the picture until at least mid-2021, if not 2022. I'd really go for a 3 year deal with JD if we could.

I was thinking just in the case that JD's price could set the market for Abreu and we end up paying more than we need to keep him.

Got ya...makes some sense. I do kind of feel itís one or the other, and say like 90% sure we keep Abreu. I donít know for sure if Martinez even opts out, and if he does, have to think he wants 4 years minimum

If Vaughn is pushing the envelope to be called up quickly, thereís always the option we use him as trade bait for controllable SP. We canít make that a reason why we donít sign a guy like Martinez.

I'd imagine Vaughn wouldn't be in the picture until at least mid-2021, if not 2022. I'd really go for a 3 year deal with JD if we could.
    I was thinking he'd be up in late 2020 or for sure 2021 depending on the new labor agreement. I like the idea of Martinez, he seems like a good fit, but not at the expense of Vaughn. Maybe Abreu gets a two year deal, besides that with a 26 man roster they could probably make it work.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

My dream off season: sign JD Martinez to a 3 or 4 year deal. Sign Gerrit Cole and give him any number he asks for. Sign Grandal 2yr 30mil.

Lineup
    1. TA7 SS
    2. Moncada 3B
    3. Abreu 1B
    4. JD Martinez RF
    5. Grandal DH
    6. Eloy LF
    7. McCann C
    8. Robert CF
    9. Madrigal 2B

Starting Rotation:
    1. Cole
    2. Giolito
    3. Rodon
    4. Kopech
    5. Lopez

Start Cease in the bullpen as a middle reliever/innings guy and work him into the rotation if he's needed.

Nick Castellanos is the clear fit for this team. Heís 27, not blocking anyone in the farm and a perfect personality fit for a young building team. Grab a front line starter and Iíll be very happy with that offseason.

Would prefer him too over Martinez because of youth and being less of a defensive liability.

If we go cheap and Left Handed Route, I'd say our OF options are:

Corey Dickerson
    Cole Calhoun
    Alex Gordon
    Brett Garnder
    Gerardo Parra
    Jarrod Dyson

Maybe we can add Tsutsugo to that list. Maybe one guy off that list plus Castellanos would be a nice RF platoon, although ideally, someone off the bench with more speed, like Leury, should also be there for late inning defense.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast