Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    White Sox 2021:

Eloy/Robert/Colas
    Moncada/Anderson/Madrigal/Abreu/Vaughn/Grandal

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I wonder if we will be in on Colas? We seem to be the destination of choice for Cubans.
    From the little footage I saw of him, they may want to put him on a training regiment. He looked a bit chunky and sloppy for his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    From the little footage I saw of him, they may want to put him on a training regiment. He looked a bit chunky and sloppy for his age.
    Viciedo 2.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always get nervous when I see a young prospect 18-23 yrs old that is not in good athletic shape. If you are not in good athletic shape at that age, there is little reason to believe you will suddenly get in better shape past that age. Burger/viciedo/. That is the only thing that would concern me about Vlad Jr in Toronto.. he seems a bit fat as well.

Iím sure there are cases where it is not a factor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    You talking about their depleted farm system?
    Exactly...rather see the Sox stay on a similar path to Houston. They make a few trades each year, but itís never their top tier guys.

If the Sox start Madrigal in the majors, I kind of hope he bats 2nd. Having a guy with elite contact like him will consistently push our lead off hitter into scoring position and even drive him in a good amount too. Plus itís always good to have speed at the top to make the defense uncomfortable. Luckily we are finally gonna have a balanced team with speed and power

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Exactly...rather see the Sox stay on a similar path to Houston. They make a few trades each year, but itís never their top tier guys.
    Sure...But both clubs have a ring we don't....

Tatis Jr wan't a top tier guy....Look i understand what your saying but if we can get Hader for next year and Vaughn has to go I'd do it.

Yes, Iíd say that if there is one of our top prospects that I can accept giving up, it would be Vaughn, mainly because of the logjam we have at 1B/DH and because of the general availability of that type of player you can get via trade or free agency. Not to mention there are always more aging players that shift to those positions each year.

Iím not saying Iíd feel great about losing Vaughn, but you have to give something up to get something and he is probably the most expendable.

Fair enough...Iím just not making a trade for a RP with our best prospect until we have a full rotation of reliable starting pitchers and we are fighting for the playoffs. Right now, we have 2 in Giolitto and Keuchel. It took 96 wins last year to make the playoffs in the American League, and Iím not trying to bring down the excitement level surrounding the team because Iím pumped as well, but thatís a mark that simply might not be reachable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Tatis Jr wan't a top tier guy....Look i understand what your saying but if we can get Hader for next year and Vaughn has to go I'd do it.
    Yep, and I can live with that because those guys rarely make the jump he has. He wasnít a top tier guy yet because he was only 16 years old at the time we traded him

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Fair enough...Iím just not making a trade for a RP with our best prospect until we have a full rotation of reliable starting pitchers and we are fighting for the playoffs. Right now, we have 2 in Giolitto and Keuchel. It took 96 wins last year to make the playoffs in the American League, and Iím not trying to bring down the excitement level surrounding the team because Iím pumped as well, but thatís a mark that simply might not be reachable yet.
    Josh Hader was the Cy Young for the Brewers 2 straight seasons and it wasnít even close. Heís not your average relief pitcher. Heís arguably the best reliever in baseball. Not saying Iíd trade our top remaining prospect for Him but the difference he makes out there is probably worth double digits wins. You can make a good argument he catapults is to a playoff team. Iíd take our staff over the Brewers past 2 playoff staffs any day of the week.

I know how good Josh Hader is, but heís not even close to adding double digit wins. Thatís absurd.

I'd slow down on the Hader business right now. Closers are important for sure, Colome is pretty good and that's where we start the season. If he can't get it done, then Bummer gets his shot.

If the Sox are going to deal some of their best minor league talent - it needs to be for something or someone more substantial IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I'd slow down on the Hader business right now. Closers are important for sure, Colome is pretty good and that's where we start the season. If he can't get it done, then Bummer gets his shot.

If the Sox are going to deal some of their best minor league talent - it needs to be for something or someone more substantial IMO.

Hader wouldnít be our closer. Heíd be exactly what he is in Milwaukee which is far more important than a prototypical closer. Heís the high leverage guy. They bring him in at the most high leverage moment of a game whether itís the 7th, 8th or 9th inning. When you need a K, Hader gets the call. No one does it better than him. Colome would still serve as your normal closer. Hader would just steal some saves which is a nice problem to have. A Bummer/Hader/Colome backend is elite.

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast