Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    Someone I follow on Twitter said watch the Sox sign Gio and Felix, so far he’s 1 for 2 lol
    Good signing. Grandal and Gio were pretty wanted out of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Gio to the Sox!
    Hell year. Been wanting this over a lot of the big money pitchers. Haven't seen the money yet, but happy with this one.

To me this signing shows that the Sox don’t want to overspend on SP, in hopes that our top young arms can become premier starters

I hope we try to create a deep BP. It’ll benefit everyone. Also seems to be a good strategy for success

Gio is a solid 3 or 4 for us, welcome back. Daniel Hudson next?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Ok.......We got our 5th starter,just hope Kenny doesn't trade him again....

Hope this is not the final piece to the off season!!! Need a legit starter and one more outfielder at the least!

If we sign Keuchel or Ryu, it makes this move even better. Don’t think they’re gonna add another OF’er, maybe another bullpen arm n that’s it. Really think Joc Pederson fits this team SOOOOOO well. Wonder what the asking price is for him

Like the signing I guess, however the fact that Ryu and Keuchel are just sitting out there makes me think that our FO is so stubborn, we won't even talk to Boras clients. Gio coincidentally is not a Boras client.

Never going to win anything if we won't negotiate with the guy who usually holds the best players every FA class.

If we sign Keuchel or Ryu, it makes this move even better. Don’t think they’re gonna add another OF’er, maybe another bullpen arm n that’s it. Really think Joc Pederson fits this team SOOOOOO well. Wonder what the asking price is for him
    Don't think Joc fits this team. Free agent next year. Joc isn't a guy I'd want to be forced to pay in 2020/2021 on a team with a non max budget.

Wouldn't pay Ryu either unless it was a short deal.

Not sure there's a starter left I'd put big money into. I would have liked Hamels for the Sox, because I think he's better than Keuchel and didn't need more than 1 year.

It's still Teheran for me. 2-3 years relatively cheap. Hope for a breakout but at worst have a very solid backend guy for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Like the signing I guess, however the fact that Ryu and Keuchel are just sitting out there makes me think that our FO is so stubborn, we won't even talk to Boras clients. Gio coincidentally is not a Boras client.

Never going to win anything if we won't negotiate with the guy who usually holds the best players every FA class.
    Look at the contracts he's gotten for his top guys this offseason. Those would kill the Sox. Cole deal is laughable and will look awful quick.

Strasburg, love the player. Would I pay a 31 year old Strasburg who has played 1 complete season in 5 years and maybe 4 in his career that much money, hell no.

Moustakas getting that money? lol

Rendon is probably the only deal he's got his guys I could stomach.

Guys need to quit pretending these are the Red Sox. Money needs to be spent smartly with future in mind. Jerry doesn't that quarter billion dollar money to get Boras guys. Never has, likely never will unless he plans to move them after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Don't think Joc fits this team. Free agent next year. Joc isn't a guy I'd want to be forced to pay in 2020/2021 on a team with a non max budget.

Wouldn't pay Ryu either unless it was a short deal.

Not sure there's a starter left I'd put big money into. I would have liked Hamels for the Sox, because I think he's better than Keuchel and didn't need more than 1 year.

It's still Teheran for me. 2-3 years relatively cheap. Hope for a breakout but at worst have a very solid backend guy for a few years.
    Teheran signed with the Angels earlier today, so he’s out

Teheran signed with the Angels earlier today, so he’s out
    Damn. Only took 1 year 9 mil.

I still think Kuechel is a viable low risk option.

I doubt we are still looking at OF after the Mazara deal. Probably a chance at a DH if it is short term.

Feel like we need 1 more starter and BP.

I think Leury and Mazara platoon TBH. And Leury gets used as our super utility guy when we face RHP.

Leury 2019 Splits:

vs RHP .264 .294 .348 .642
    vs LHP .311 .344 .443 .789

Mazara 2019 Splits:

vs. RHP .288 .344 .500 .844
    vs. LHP .220 .252 .394 .646

That's actually a perfect platoon, with the higher upside guy, Mazara, getting more AB's since there are way more RHP's in baseball.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast