Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    I do not see Moncada at SS........We won't be in on Rendon, so there wouldn't and they shouldn't move Moncada. He seems settled at third. Kopech will be on the opening day roster with minimum restrictions, just like the other starters early in the year, they watch all their pitch counts until they build strength. So depending if they sign or trade for a starter..........Right now its Gio,Kopech,Cease and Lopez, as the four guys coming out of spring training.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Mendick/Leury man 2b until Madrigal is deemed ready?

Let me throw an idea out there. There were some rumblings about the Sox possibly being in on Rendon and that Moncada would automatically be pushed to 2B or the outfield if they were to get Rendon. Why has it not been discussed that perhaps Moncada would switch to SS and Anderson would be switched to either CF or RF with Robert manning the other spot? I like Moncada’s infield defense a little better than Anderson, and feel like Anderson would be a bit more natural in the outfield. I also seem to recall talk of Anderson moving to the outfield a year or 2 ago. Any thoughts?
    I think they’d move Madrigal to SS before Yoan. Doubt they move Tim though.

Palka.....He gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Palka.....He gone!
    Thought he cleared waivers and was sent back down to AAA

What positions do you guys think they should be targeting? I think the Sox might contend this year, at least for playoff contention. The Grandal deal shows that they intend to try for the playoffs this year and I think it may be possible. Personally, I think the rebuild is a year away, but rebuilds seem to rise early in recent baseball.

Need one if not 2 starting pitchers, a RF and maybe a couple bullpen arms and we’re good. Rodon comes back like July and have some trading pieces if need be coming deadline time

Pomeranz to the Padres. Kyle Gibson to Texas, I expect Texas to be in on a lot of pitching and Rendon or Donaldson

Things are starting to percolate..... Teams are being active early, I think some agents and players are willing to do their deals as soon as they get a good one....not wait for certain agent to hold everything up!

Hope I get my wish and get Madison today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They obviously released Yolmer to make room on the 40 man..........

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Hope I get my wish and get Madison today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Him, Wheeler and Castellanos and my god please start 2020

Ryan Burr designated for assignment............Something about to happen!!!

Of all the pitchers not named Cole or Stras, I definitely want Bumgarner! His numbers seem to be trending back towards his norm, and he's an all time great Big Game Pitcher!

Lefty too!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Of all the pitchers not named Cole or Stras, I definitely want Bumgarner! His numbers seem to be trending back towards his norm, and he's an all time great Big Game Pitcher!
    Madbum is a tough grinder with a hard work ethic that appeals to many of us as Sox-siders. I would be happy if the Sox got him.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast