Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    So the Sox have until Dec 2. to sign McCann to a one year deal (appx. 5 Million) via arbitration. I suspect they will do just that and then trade him over the winter.

Collins stays on as back-up catcher in that scenario as long as he doesn't suck. Unfortunately, that is still a real possibility.

Trading McCann is something we should only consider if we get a nice return for him. We really donít have to. A case can be made for keeping McCann around as a backup and sometime DH. With Grandal in his 30s, I would think he can use quite a few days off from the field and just DH Grandal while McCann catches. Champ teams need depth, and I have not seen anything yet out of Collins that gives me any confidence that he is going to get things worked out. Not saying he canít, but definitely no reasons to think he will.

If you had to decide today Ö Zavala is probably option #1 as the b/u catcher (with McCann gone).
    I'm fairly confident that Collins makes the team with the new 26 man roster. He can be an extra C/1B/DH and maybe even RF. He needs to get enough at bats to prove if he can hit-or not. He needs to do that in 2020 or he's probably gone.
    I'd hold onto McCann and cut Yolmer is $$$ are an issue. For what he's going to get in arbitration you can probably sign a 2B who can actually hit or why not just go with Mendick until then? Madrigal will be talking over soon enough.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I'd rather we hang onto McCann, at least for this year. Doesn't cost too much, and allows for a better DH rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I'd rather we hang onto McCann, at least for this year. Doesn't cost too much, and allows for a better DH rotation.
    I agree......But there's a lot of teams looking for catchers, and you would definitely be selling high on McCann. You package him with a couple of prospects you should be able to get back hopefully a left handed bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I feel the same, for whatever reason the trade McCann topic has come up lately. He deserves a chance (IMO) to prove which 2019 player he is, 1st half wonder or 2nd half middle-of-the road.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Hope the FO is thinking BIG..........Wheeler and Bumgartner, and hell I'll play RF. Those two with Gio,Kopech,Cease,Lopez and Dunning..........Oh I forgot Stiever! You can deal one of those young controllable pitchers and McCann for a really good CF!

But you need to sign both!

Sox have a lot of positives moving forward. Starting pitching needs to be addressed with the uncertainty of what weíre gonna get from Kopech and Rodon. I seriously donít know why we arenít in the Cole sweepstakes but whatever. Sign Wheeler for sure and idk who else. Sign Castellanos and see what packages you can get for McCann. Personally I would wanna keep him so Grandal can DH as well. But this is the first time where fans are happy and looking forward to what these guys can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    Sox have a lot of positives moving forward. Starting pitching needs to be addressed with the uncertainty of what weíre gonna get from Kopech and Rodon. I seriously donít know why we arenít in the Cole sweepstakes but whatever. Sign Wheeler for sure and idk who else. Sign Castellanos and see what packages you can get for McCann. Personally I would wanna keep him so Grandal can DH as well. But this is the first time where fans are happy and looking forward to what these guys can do.
    You can add Lopez and Cease to the list of expected uncertainty.

I'm not 100% sold on Giolito TBH.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

What are your guysí thoughts for the rest of the offseason?? Who do u think we sign/trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    What are your guysí thoughts for the rest of the offseason?? Who do u think we sign/trade?
    I think they are going to sign Wheeler, assuming he wants to play in Chicago. I'm also fairly confident that they will sign either Ozuna, Puig or Castellanos to play RF. A trade is possible, Joc Pederson maybe or one of the other guys who have been talked about.
    One more veteran, older pitcher on a short deal seems likely to me as Kopech, Rodon and Dunning can't be counted on early in the season.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

And Ö Yolmer is put on waivers. Good luck to him.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Mendick/Leury man 2b until Madrigal is deemed ready?

Let me throw an idea out there. There were some rumblings about the Sox possibly being in on Rendon and that Moncada would automatically be pushed to 2B or the outfield if they were to get Rendon. Why has it not been discussed that perhaps Moncada would switch to SS and Anderson would be switched to either CF or RF with Robert manning the other spot? I like Moncadaís infield defense a little better than Anderson, and feel like Anderson would be a bit more natural in the outfield. I also seem to recall talk of Anderson moving to the outfield a year or 2 ago. Any thoughts?

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast