Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

2019 Offseason Discussion Thread

2019 off season discussion thread, let's all get our hopes up to get them crushed again.

YAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    2019 off season discussion thread, let's all get our hopes up to get them crushed again.

YAY!!!!
    I assume they'll be a very good team next year. I'll be devastated

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I just read that Red Sox owner Henry plans on cutting payroll...possibly trading a major player like Mookie Betts or JD Martinez for top prospects. White Sox have Vaughn and some secondary prospects like Collins and Rutherford that they could package. Not sure that would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I just read that Red Sox owner Henry plans on cutting payroll...possibly trading a major player like Mookie Betts or JD Martinez for top prospects. White Sox have Vaughn and some secondary prospects like Collins and Rutherford that they could package. Not sure that would be enough.
    Would take a Sale like package I bet to get Betts. I'd think Cease and Vaughn (who would have to be a PTBNL) at least just to start talks. They'd want our young ML talent but I wouldn't go there beyond Cease.

I'd rather use the excess payroll space we "should" have to add to the team. Our 1st rounder is protected in the draft so go all in on some FAs this summer. Use minor league assets to add next summer if we're in contention.

If Boston let's JD walk if he opts out I'd he all for that if we can get him on a 3-4 year deal. Him into the middle of our lineup makes it absolutely disgusting next year. He's owed about 3/63 so opting out now and seeking a 4/90-4/100 deal is definitely in his interests unless he wants to simply stay in BOS.

agree
    Last edited by garypeters; 09-28-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Yeah I'd rather go hard for Cole long term, and Cruz on a short term deal, and revisit Right Field and the Bullpen at the trade deadline. That would leave us in play for Mookie as a Free Agent in 2021 if he doesn't get traded and signed long term this year.

Yoan Moncada said that he would be willing to play where ever, and is open to another position change. Lets say we chased Anthony Rendon, would anyone be opposed to him in RF.

3B Rendon
    SS Anderson
    2B Madrigal
    1B Abreu
    LF Eloy
    CF Robert
    RF Moncada
    DH Cruz or Martinez

If him or Rendon can play RF, Iím all onboard. Id much rather see them go this route than acquiring a DH only type like Cruz. Use the DH spot next year to give guys a day off but keep their bat in the lineup and have Leury sliding all over the field in a utility role.

Especially when we already have 2 DH type players in Eloy and Abreu(assuming we resign)

Those two should get 40-50 games each at DH. And then you can give other guys like Moncada, Robert and whoever we sign the additional time there. Iím not a fan of adding another DH only player in Cruz, unless thatís all we can end up signing

Any DH we sign should be 1 year max anyways. If Vaughn takes the same path as Madrigal, he will be up early 2021.

I really, really like Maddon.

Any chance we go for him? It would also be kinda amusing for Renteria lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Iíd love to see Maddon take over.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Any DH we sign should be 1 year max anyways. If Vaughn takes the same path as Madrigal, he will be up early 2021.
    Which to me, is another reason you donít pursue a DH type anyways. If Sox are in contention next year and Vaughn is pushing through the system the way Robert did last year, I can see him get called up later in the year.

Letís see if Hahn can land 2-3 guys to 3-6 year deals that supplement our core between SP/RF/RP

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Would take a Sale like package I bet to get Betts. I'd think Cease and Vaughn (who would have to be a PTBNL) at least just to start talks. They'd want our young ML talent but I wouldn't go there beyond Cease.

I'd rather use the excess payroll space we "should" have to add to the team. Our 1st rounder is protected in the draft so go all in on some FAs this summer. Use minor league assets to add next summer if we're in contention.

If Boston let's JD walk if he opts out I'd he all for that if we can get him on a 3-4 year deal. Him into the middle of our lineup makes it absolutely disgusting next year. He's owed about 3/63 so opting out now and seeking a 4/90-4/100 deal is definitely in his interests unless he wants to simply stay in BOS.
    Just curious, I thought only Top 10 were protected - Sox are at 11.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Iím pretty sure most 1st round picks are now protected. I think it depends on your revenue sharing status.

I donít think we are at risk of losing pick #11 regardless of our offseason.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast