Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    So who’s the odd man out? Lopez? Or maybe we bring Kopech along slowly. Man would he look juicy as a Josh Hader type late in games
    Lets let it play out....Kopech will NOT be the odd man out for sure....I like a six man rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Nice....Good call,pretty close to what he got!
    Was just thinking that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Was just thinking that

Now if hey can sign Nick Costellanos I would say we have a shot at the playoffs....You can rotate him with Jimenez and Mazara and the DH. The Twins will still be tough.

As far as the bullpen goes....Its time some of these arms in the system to step up...Burdi ,Johnson to name a couple.

All these SPs....extra starters.... such problems we have now! NOT!

Zack Burdi is a total wildcard. He had just come back from major arm surgery and then suffered a torn ligament in his knee over the summer and was shut down after surgery. Never really found any info on how he was throwing post arm surgery, though his numbers were pretty bad, but that can be expected when first coming back. Now has to come back from the knee surgery, but maybe the extended time off will give his arm more time to get fully healthy. Had a top level arm at one time.

What about Tyler Johnson? His numbers in the minors have been pretty damn good? Could he be a part of our own soon?

I wonder if and when Tyler Johnson, Ian Hamilton, and Zack Burdi make it to the next level. Of the 3, Johnson has had the most minors success. Burdi is the mist talked about. Hamilton was really good in 2018 but never got his footing with all the injuries last year

Putting this offseason into perspective:

Yasmani Grandal replaces Wellington Castillo
    Dallas Keuchel replaces Ivan Nova
    Gio Gonzalez replaces all the **** 5th starters we threw at the wall, that never stuck
    Mazara replaces all the **** RF's that we threw at the wall, that never stuck
    Robert replaces Leury Garcia letting Leury become our swiss army knife off the bench
    Madrigal replaces Yolmer Sanchez

This rebuild has took a 180 turn. Next year I foresee a 360!

Putting this offseason into perspective:

Yasmani Grandal replaces Wellington Castillo
    Dallas Keuchel replaces Ivan Nova
    Gio Gonzalez replaces all the **** 5th starters we threw at the wall, that never stuck
    Mazara replaces all the **** RF's that we threw at the wall, that never stuck
    Robert replaces Leury Garcia letting Leury become our swiss army knife off the bench
    Madrigal replaces Yolmer Sanchez

This rebuild has took a 180 turn. Next year I foresee a 360!
    MLBTR says we're in on Encarnacion too. 34 HRs with an .875 OPS last year. Replace that with the production we got at DH from the likes of Alonso, Castillo, Skole, AJ Reed, etc.

I'd think mid 80s in wins is our floor. Should definitely be competing with MN for the division title. Can't wait for Lindor to get traded out of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    MLBTR says we're in on Encarnacion too. 34 HRs with an .875 OPS last year. Replace that with the production we got at DH from the likes of Alonso, Castillo, Skole, AJ Reed, etc.

I'd think mid 80s in wins is our floor. Should definitely be competing with MN for the division title. Can't wait for Lindor to get traded out of the division.

I forgot to put Kopech in that also! Kopech replaces Reynaldo I assume. Or if I had my way comes back slow and is our Josh Hader. I know most hate that idea but Josh Hader was the Brewers Cy Young out of the pen for the last 2 years. Although he melted down late last year.

Here’s the thing with Kopech IMO. He’s likely to be on an innings limit this year. If that’s the case, I’d hope instead of a late shut down, he at least shifted to 2nd half reliever. But if it was up to me, and he was going to be limited. I would just use him out of the pen the entire season. We had a a solid BP last year, but we still lacked that electric blow away guy late. Kopech to me could be that guy.

Bummer/Kopech/Colome could give you 3-4 innings any given night with Kopech being the 2 inning guy. Up until his late season melt down, Hader was just as valuable as any starting pitcher in baseball. He allowed the Brewers to be great with a weak rotation. Imagine how good Kopech could make our entire staff out of the pen, when we have one of the higher upside rotations in baseball!
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 12-23-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Any interests in Bentences?? We need another BP arm who’ll solidify our team

I forgot to put Kopech in that also! Kopech replaces Reynaldo I assume. Or if I had my way comes back slow and is our Josh Hader. I know most hate that idea but Josh Hader was the Brewers Cy Young out of the pen for the last 2 years. Although he melted down late last year.
    I think ReyLo will be fine. He has good stuff and reasonable control. I think he might be tipping his pitches or something....or maybe he is just leaving too many fat ones over the center of the plate in counts where hitters are expecting the pitch selection and location. Maybe Mazara can clue him in on what he saw..

I like the idea of Kopech as a Closer but I am not sure that he does or that the Sox do. I am hopeful but not that confident that Colome repeats what he did last season. In any case, having a dominant bullpen with Kopech as closer or set-up man for Colome would win us a lot of games.

Based on recent signings I'm starting to warmup to this idea for 2020. Still hope he is our Ace or #2 in the long run.

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast