Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    The three batter rule should really help hitters like Mazara who have bad splits. For example, it won't be as easy to put a LH reliever in just to face Mazara when you have RH hitters like Luis Robert, Grandal/McCann, Madrigal , Eloy etc hitting around him. Teams like the Sox that can go RH/LH/RH/LH all the way through the order with good hitters will wreak havoc on bullpens.
    That rule is really going to change the game. I'm not sure I like the rule for baseball and I have a suspicion that it will be short lived, but we shall see how it works out.

There will be no need for the 3 batter rule if this was done. Manager walks out and gives the single for change. After that the RP coming in does not get the inning type start up warm pitches that are a block of tv commercial long.

The RP is already warming up in the pen, should be good to go. But GP you are right, that might be edge in some games late that are tight.

I donít see that 3 batter rule lasting. Make minor changes that donít effect strategy. For instance balls and strikes called with K zone. Iím sick of seeing bad umpires ruin good games. Let the guy stand there and signal balls and strikes but donít let him judge them

I agree this 3 batter rule is bad. What happens if a pitcherís arm starts to hurt after the 1st batter, or pulls a hamstring? Does he have to stay in and risk more serious injury? If not, canít a team skirt the rules by claiming a pitcher was feeling pain and didnít want to risk injury.

I agree with the poster who said to just get the game started as soon as he gets to the mound. Maybe 2 warm ups, max!

Shorten time between innings as well. I donít think it should take as long as it does to get the next inning started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I agree this 3 batter rule is bad. What happens if a pitcherís arm starts to hurt after the 1st batter, or pulls a hamstring? Does he have to stay in and risk more serious injury? If not, canít a team skirt the rules by claiming a pitcher was feeling pain and didnít want to risk injury.

I agree with the poster who said to just get the game started as soon as he gets to the mound. Maybe 2 warm ups, max!

Shorten time between innings as well. I donít think it should take as long as it does to get the next inning started.
    I agree. They should be ready. If they aren't ready in the pen, then that's on the coach for not having him up quick enough. Only exception is when a pitcher gets hurt. Then fans could just suck it up while the reliever warms up.

Well Mookie to Dodgers. Hope he ****s them and doesn't sign an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Well Mookie to Dodgers. Hope he ****s them and doesn't sign an extension.
    U know theyíre gonna have the money to at least offer. Hope he sticks it to them. Mookie is the guy I want the Sox to sign more than anyone. A young guy in his prime, probably top 3 player in the game right now

All indications are that he wants to test free agency. Iíd imagine LA traded for him in the hopes that they can convince him that he would like to stay in LA. From their perspective it makes sense. They are in a win now mode. Had the payroll flexibility to take on the Betts contract as well as some of Priceís. They really didnít have to give up that much in Maeda and Verdugo, and if it tilts the odds in their favor of extending him, then why not.

When you break it down, LA gave up Verdugo and a #83 overall prospect. Not sure how much of Price Boston ate, but it looks to be a far less haul than what they were looking to get from the Sox. So glad we didnít do that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    When you break it down, LA gave up Verdugo and a #83 overall prospect. Not sure how much of Price Boston ate, but it looks to be a far less haul than what they were looking to get from the Sox. So glad we didnít do that deal.
    Hearing LA is paying half of Priceís contract. So 48 mil and about 16 mil a year. I think he needed a change of scenery. Seen AL East for awhile. Same hitters, think he will do well on NL. Great trade for LA

If Mookie Tests Free Agency, and we have some real success this year, we will be a player, and we will have the money Iím sure. Still a huge long shot but I wanna be in play for a generational talent.

Word is he wants more then Harper and closer to Trout's deal..........So we have NO shot...
    Seeing what it took to get him, not sure why we didn't trade for him and Price. Its a question of would you want year of Mookie or 2 years of Mazara?
    I would have taken the Mookie route for one year.

And still have Steel Walker in the pipeline....

It would have cost us something. How much, Iím not sure. Early indications were that they wanted Madrigal and Vaughn. The haul they got from LA was far less, though. We would have also had to be willing to add another 35-40 mil in payroll this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    And still have Steel Walker in the pipeline....
    Walker would have probably been the outfielder Boston got in the deal.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast