Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    I would have to think that if there is some kind of protocol regarding what role is best for a rehabbed TJ victim, the SoxĒ training staff would be aware of it and use him appropriately. Maybe it depends on what the role was before the injury? Whatever the case, Iím sure it will factor into how he is used if it matters.

Based on Heyman's Tweet it looks like a deal for EE will be done after Christmas, perhaps on Friday.
    That might not even be the end of this pretty crazy off-season for Rick/Kenny and Jerry.
    Meanwhile all is quiet on the northern (cub) front.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Right now everyone on here is acting like the Sox have the division won...To be objective here...They have a better shot at it, but it's not like the Twins, Yankees and the Astros are shaking in their boots cause we signed a few guys...
    I think any one who knows the game of baseball knows that there are zero guarantees in MLB. But you canít let that keep you from being excited. For years weíve all been clamoring about 2020. Iím from Northeast Ohio so thatís all Iíve had as a comeback to all my friends who are Indians fans. I just kept saying I wonít say **** til 2020. Well 2020 is almost here, and we have made the most noise in Free Agency from a volume of additions standpoint. I fully expect us to compete for the AL Central and WC.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think any one who knows the game of baseball knows that there are zero guarantees in MLB. But you canít let that keep you from being excited. For years weíve all been clamoring about 2020. Iím from Northeast Ohio so thatís all Iíve had as a comeback to all my friends who are Indians fans. I just kept saying I wonít say **** til 2020. Well 2020 is almost here, and we have made the most noise in Free Agency from a volume of additions standpoint. I fully expect us to compete for the AL Central and WC.
    There are no guarantees in anything.....I never said they won't compete or at least be over .500, they should as the team stands now. But to be serious contenders in 2020, they need LG to repeat last year and they need Kopech,Cease and Lopez to take the next step, they along with Robert will be the key how far we go in 2020. You really have no clue what Gio Gonzalez will bring to the table,so the youngsters need to step up. Now Dallas K i believe will help this staff grow....So lets hope for the best and most of all..........A healthy team in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Iím not saying Kopech will he in the pen. Iím not saying I wouldnít want him to be a starter. Iím just saying with the deity we have, and a likely limit on innings for Kopech, this season he would be great for a pen and Iím almost positive heíd be elite in that role. Thereís still uncertainty as if he will be the elite ace we covet. After this year, if he wants to shift back to a starter, with no restrictions, go for it. Or if heís as good as he could be as a reliever, maybe it sticks.

The whole notion that he has to be a starter to be valuable is wrong though.
    But no one is saying he wouldnít be valuable as a relief pitcher. The few arguing here are saying that medically it just doesnít make sense to use him in that role coming off of surgery and throwing every other day multiple innings. Iím not going to look it up to se if thatís been the case with other TJ victims, I just donít recall that ever happening.

Ultimately he might end up in that role, just donít see the Sox doing that next year to him.

Yeah I donít know the science behind pitching 100 innings every 5-6 days compared to 20-30 2-4 times a week. I think anything beyond 90 would put the most dangerous strain on your arm though. I think the Brewers mishandle Hader a bit. Letting him pitch after a 2 inning night on back to backs, and throwing him 3 straight games sometimes. Their rotation was so bad and the race for the playoffs was so tight they had no choice. I like to think we have a chance at a much stronger rotation than the Brewers though.

Hader had a miserable case of overuse fatigue to close out the year.

There are (at least) two different issues:

1. What is the best pitching regime for Kopech to rehab in 2020 (as a starter or reliever) and,

2. Would Kopech be more valuable to the team long term as a starter or as a reliever, especially if he can be a flame throwing Closer.

Everyone wants Kopech to rehab in the best way possible.
    Some see him as a potential Ace and others think he could be our Closer for a long time.
    Either way would be fine with me.
    I hope the Sox add some more pitching so this decision, if it is one, becomes easier to make.
    Last edited by garypeters; 12-25-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Edwin Encarnaciůn to the White Sox. 1 year/$12m deal. There may be an option for a 2nd year. Twitter reports that are from untrusted sources but MLBTradeRumors has it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent Dilfer & Tim Hasselbeck

Pretty predictable, (EE) after reports say Castellanos wants 6 years....

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Career longevity as a Starter vs Closer is something I would consider if I was Kopech. Ultimately the decision is his but in the meantime a few former mlb pitchers like Farmio would probably be happy to offer their advice if he asked for it.
    Farmio is an idiot!!!

Surprised no additions to the pen....If they're gonna spend...spend some on the pen.

Hopefully they put the "seams" back on the baseball this year.....

I wonder what it would take to acquire Josh Hader? I would guess it would be centered around Vaughn and one of our young starters...maybe Cease?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Surprised no additions to the pen....If they're gonna spend...spend some on the pen.
    Some starters are going to end up in the pen without a doubt. Iíd like to bring in a flamethrower though

Just wait for Zack Burdi to arrive and Coop to get Tayron Guerrero turned around!

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast