Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I don’t mind the idea of a trade (benintendi) or a starting pitcher as long as it is really part of a salary dump that will not cost us a lot of prospect capital. Supposedly, Boston is really motivated to shave payroll, and it sounds like the Cubs might be as well.
    Price or Eovaldi would be our way to get ahold of Benitendi for a discounted price.

Price has 3/96 remaining. Eovaldi has 3/51. I'm not really interested in adding either to our rotation since Eovaldi sucked pretty bad last year aga Price isn't giving me much confidence in his health now at 34, even if coming along with some cash.

I'd hate to give up anything for JDM too given his age and limitations in the fiels. Plus he could easily hit FA next year with a semi decent year.

IF the RedSox would eat half of EOV's remaining Contract, maybe a trade for Bennitendi iwould be worth considering, no?

You gotta figure Boston would rather that JDM did not exercise his option. Maybe that is the salary dump that would not cost us much at all in the way of prospects.. especially considering he is a FA in 1 year. Maybe there is a way to tie Benintendi into the deal and kill 2 birds at once. Then we could just concentrate on pitching.

It would be interesting to make a list of all the free agents the Sox are legitimately rumored to be “in on”, and then see who they actually end up signing.

Also what the players that got away actually end up signing for.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    IF the RedSox would eat half of EOV's remaining Contract, maybe a trade for Bennitendi iwould be worth considering, no?
    I wouldn't want Eovaldi in our rotation and I don't know if JR is willing to throw 25 million at a guy not to play just to get Benitendi.

JDM did throw a big wrench into their plans and it would absolutely suck for them to have to deal Betts because JDM opted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    It would be interesting to make a list of all the free agents the Sox are legitimately rumored to be “in on”, and then see who they actually end up signing.

Also what the players that got away actually end up signing for.
    Interested in Cole. Bring back Edwin Jackson for 1 yr/8 million
    Interested in Rendon. Sign Melky Cabrera 2 years/18 million

[QUOTE=Pierzynski4Prez;33245740]Interested in Cole. Bring back Edwin Jackson for 1 yr/8 million
    Interested in Rendon. Sign Melky Cabrera 2 years/18 million[/
    Ugh... I get a bad feeling!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011