Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I hope that's false. I'm not a huge fan of Ozuna. He isn't a great enough bat to sacrifice more defense. We are already sacrificing in LF and to an extent SS, but those guys carry upside.
    It depends on the contract. Iím ok with a 4 year deal. His defense isnít that bad, especially in a small park. Iím guessing him and Eloy would rarely both be in the field together, and those two guys play roughly 90 games at DH combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Letís just say for arguments sake, that we can make a deal like the one mentioned for Betts. If we are in contention for the division, it would probably be be worth it, as it has probably worked out for us right?

On the flip side, letís say we made the deal, but it hasnít worked out, how much less could we get back for Betts at the deadline than we gave up to get him in the first place? Is that drop off in assets worth a half season of Betts and the opportunity to roll the dice and increase our chances to sign him and see if it puts us in contention?
    Yeah, I like your thought here, however, I just donít see Boston trading him for that. I think Boston will only trade him if blown away with a deal.

Yeah, itís hard to say. It really depends on how motivated they are to cut payroll and if they feel they can contend this year. A 1 year rental making the money that Betts is, is not going to net them too much.

I guess itís all relative, as the more Boston would expect for him, then the more we should expect if we flip him at the deadline for a contender, especially since he would cost less than half his 2020 salary at that point.

I don't think we should trade for Mookie without a contract extension guarantee. Our best path for success is to land an ace this year to take pressure off our young arms, and add a consistent pitcher. We should look short term at RF, and make a run at Mookie in FA. If we can make a playoff push this year, a guy like Mookie would come if he gets what he's worth.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021