Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    An example of how we can get good young players for our expiring vets to accelerate the inevitable rebuild.

Trade with Miami.

Justice Winslow (23)
    Tyler Hero (19)
    Bam Adebayo (22)
    Ollynyk (28)

Dion Waiters - salary dump
    Myers Leonard- salary dump

Total salary : $55mill

For

Lowry (34)
    Gasol (35)
    Isiah Tailor - filler
    Cameron Payne - filler

Total salary: 61 mill

Undesirable Contracts were taking back:

- Waiters would be the only undesirable contracts on the roster. Waiters will make 12 million this year and next, but we take him in the deal to help salaries match and to help Miami dump him. Also Miami has the ability to absorb the difference in salary being sent over.

- Ollynyk has a player option next year for 12 mill which is a great bargain for his services and I would hope he opts in to be a serviceable stretch big in the front court.

What were left with:

S.Johnson, RHJ, and Myers Leonard are all on one year contracts. Any of them could earn a role moving forward with strong performances in a contract year. Same could be said for Ibaka who is expiring as well. Or all could expire giving Masai a lot of cap flexibility next season.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    The new young core:
    Pascal Siakam (25)
    Fred Van Vleet (25)
    Justice Winslow (23)
    Bam Adebayo (22)
    OG Anunoby (22)
    Tyler Hero (19)

The vets: Ibaka: Powell, Ollynyk

The prospects: Thomas, T.Davis, Boucher, Hernandez

This would be a great start. Not only do we have a young core with a ton of potential, we would also have lots of cap flexibility moving forward. Some might hate this deal as there are no star players, but I think the young players we receive have a lot of potential in Winslow, Hero, & Adebayao and could look great along side Siakam and FVV in nurses system with a wide open window to develop.
    there is zero chance Masai does something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Masai gave a massive hint that Lowry isn't going anywhere with that legacy comment. I agree with what you're saying though. In my perfect World both Ibaka and Gasol get dealt. 1 of those guys (maybe both) is bound to fetch a 1st and Masai has proven he can draft well in the 20's.

I wouldn't be mad if he dealt Lowry but it would be one of the most painful days ever as a Raptor fan. I was upset about DeMar for about 5 minutes all things considering. If Lowry gets dealt I'm putting my phone on silent when I get home from work and drinking alone.
    me too

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    there is zero chance Masai does something like this.
    Funny cuz pebleomer thinks Miami wouldn稚 go near the deal and you say there痴 0 chance of masai doing it. interesting.

Masai never shows his hand. I truly believe if this team isn稚 on track to finish top 4 in the east by the trade deadline we could see a few of these expiring contracts on the move.

Really depends on how the team performs imo. It痴 going to be a 菟rove it type of year for everyone not named Lowry this seasons.

We致e seen Masai allow the team to determine their own fate before, this def feels like one of those seasons.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-07-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Sorry guys my mistake for suggesting a trade idea.. Lol Can稚 even have a discussion about ? Any knowledgeable fan (which you all are) should see the writings in the wall at this point but I guess this forum still needs time, which is understandable.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-07-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Sorry guys my mistake for suggesting a trade idea.. Lol Can稚 even have a discussion about ? Any knowledgeable fan (which you all are) should see the writings in the wall at this point but I guess this forum still needs time, which is understandable.
    Haha

No, keep on suggesting. I just view that as less likely to happen than me getting hit by lightning next time I go outside. When you've been here long enough you kind of expect people to anticipate exactly why you feel that way even if you shouldn't so I felt it was enough to register my vote. No offense intended

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I'd trade Ibaka. Marc appears to be the type to re-sign for cheap. Hes also competitive and might give that discount elsewhere for a title run (maybe even back to Barcelona). He seems loyal as well though so he'd give strong consideration to re-up at a discounted price. OTOH you have to see what others are willing to give up for him. He has more value vs. Ibaka since people/execs could possibly view him as the piece that out them over at the TDL. If he can net us back what we got from Memphis or better, I think you might have to do it. But our record will also indicate if we are seller or buyers in relation to Marc as well.
    I agree that he has more value than Ibaka which is why I'd prefer to deal him. I love Gasol's game but he looked like a giant ***** who didn't want to have a basketball in his hands for a lot of the post season. Ibaka had some huge performances and was a catalyst on both ends of the floor in the post season. Lets not forget that pre-TDL Ibaka was a certified glass eater when he was playing with the starters either.

If Gasol gives us something like 13/7/4 then he could fetch a 1st in the 20's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    No, keep on suggesting. I just view that as less likely to happen than me getting hit by lightning next time I go outside. When you've been here long enough you kind of expect people to anticipate exactly why you feel that way even if you shouldn't so I felt it was enough to register my vote. No offense intended

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    It just seems like being in favour of a rebuild is not the popular opinion and therefor shouldn稚 be expressed because it wasn稚 so much as a trade idea but an example of a trade that could accelerate a rebuild... I値l come back to it when the inevitable time comes. I just think it would be wise to capitalize on some of the expirings while we can

It just seems like being in favour of a rebuild is not the popular opinion and therefor shouldn稚 be expressed because it wasn稚 so much as a trade idea but an example of a trade that could accelerate a rebuild... I値l come back to it when the inevitable time comes. I just think it would be wise to capitalize on some of the expirings while we can
    When did you lose your heart S&W, we just won a chip!

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    When did you lose your heart S&W, we just won a chip!
    Now that we got a taste of it, we want more 😏

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Now that we got a taste of it, we want more 😏
    Exactly, all that sentimental stuff is out the window. DeRozan was drafted here and played 9 seasons, I壇 trade him again if it meant bettering the team, and so why not have that mentality towards everyone.

And it doesn稚 have to be Lowry & Ibaka. I知 def more open to moving Gasol but it really depends on the return. Everyone has a price.

Exactly, all that sentimental stuff is out the window. DeRozan was drafted here and played 9 seasons, I壇 trade him again if it meant bettering the team, and so why not have that mentality towards everyone.

And it doesn稚 have to be Lowry & Ibaka. I知 def more open to moving Gasol but it really depends on the return. Everyone has a price.
    Honestly don稚 care who we keep or who we trade, as long as raptors become perennial contenders. MU has shown he is anything but nba norm. So looking forward to seeing his moves.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    This is the direction I am seeing as well. MU will try to remain competitive this season unless major injuries play a role. I am also intrigued by the report that raptors are checking out Lemelo ball. Given he is projected to be a top pick, I guess plan B if things go south?
    Yeah I believe he goes that route because of what he has repeatedly said about winning. I dont think he wants to tear it down and he probably doesn't see the team rebuilding with the young talent they have. All eyes are on 2021 and I think he wants to sustain a winner to excite that year's FA class.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    的t痴 about winning, Stoudemire said. 添ou win, you池e going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don稚 win, nobody really wants to see you.

Do you feel it would have been wise for the Mavericks to trade Dirk Nowitzki after they won the championship?

They are hard questions, but I think you are understating the importance of franchise players (by that I mean players that stick with franchises) to the history of an organization, its culture, its fans, etc. Especially when that player has a long history that ends up leading to a championship season.

Lowry kind of defines who we want our Raptors to be doesn't he? Hard nosed, underappreciated, talented, winning, durable, relentless, smallest guy on the court with the biggest heart, smart, unselfish, etc.

How many players league wide can match his stats for charges drawn, 3PTM, assists and team wins over his tenure with the team?

Looking forward to see what happens this season. Siakim, Powell, OG all taking bigger roles. A couple of the new young guys look interesting. Definitely not the usual follow up season to a title that you would expect.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast